Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

We really did send all of ours scouts to France last season, didn't we?

It's either this, or the media have seen us go after a couple of Ligue 1 players and are now linking everyone on the market.

Don't think this is a bad idea though, a lot of quality players in France and also great value. Ligue 1 and Eredivise are two very strong leagues for talent outside of the big 4 of Spain, Italy, Germany and England.

• Like 1

We really did send all of ours scouts to France last season, didn't we?

It's either this, or the media have seen us go after a couple of Ligue 1 players and are now linking everyone on the market.

Don't think this is a bad idea though, a lot of quality players in France and also great value. Ligue 1 and Eredivise are two very strong leagues for talent outside of the big 4 of Spain, Italy, Germany and England.

the only concern I have is it hasn't served Newcastle too well recently. Arsenal always have done well from there but is that because of Arsene connections and Arsenals status

With the way the euro is and the level of the French league, that's where the value seems to be. No problem from me. Ntep would be good - anyone who can play as a tricky fast winger and isn't a complete N'Mongbia would be good. 

Charlie Austin’s £85,000-a-week wage demands have stalled the QPR striker’s move away from Loftus Road, writes Neil Moxley in the Sunday People.

The 26-year-old forward has been on the wish-list of a string of top-flight clubs this summer after the Hoops were relegated from the Premier League.

He was Newcastle’s No.1 transfer target – before the Toon shelled out £13million for Anderlecht’s Serbia frontman Aleksandar Mitrovic.

And Austin – who scored 18 Premier League goals last season – is also being chased by Aston Villa and Leicester City. Sunday People Sport understands that suitors have been put off by the £30m total cost of a four-year package for Austin once his personal terms to sign have been taken into account.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/charlie-austin-qpr-departure-stalls-6139343

If we bring in a decent CB (Nkoulou or Williams) 1 or 2 CM's (from Mirallas, Cambiaso, Praet, Darder, etc) and either Embolo, Oulare or some other beast of a striker along with Ayew then I will be very happy.

Realistically I cant see us spending the money required for all of that but we have a couple of loan slots available too. I dont think our business is complete so it will be an interesting few weeks. Would expect to see a few go out on loan on deadline day too.

Charlie Austin’s £85,000-a-week wage demands have stalled the QPR striker’s move away from Loftus Road, writes Neil Moxley in the Sunday People.

The 26-year-old forward has been on the wish-list of a string of top-flight clubs this summer after the Hoops were relegated from the Premier League.

He was Newcastle’s No.1 transfer target – before the Toon shelled out £13million for Anderlecht’s Serbia frontman Aleksandar Mitrovic.

And Austin – who scored 18 Premier League goals last season – is also being chased by Aston Villa and Leicester City. Sunday People Sport understands that suitors have been put off by the £30m total cost of a four-year package for Austin once his personal terms to sign have been taken into account.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/charlie-austin-qpr-departure-stalls-6139343

Rediculous if true. I mean, I like Austin don't get me wrong. I think if it's goals you want then he will get them for you. Maybe he will get that money somewhere and good luck to him. But you kind of know what you're getting with him if you know what I mean. Good player but never going to be top top class. Much rather go for younger players who could be the next big thing. Hope I made sense there. Drank copious amounts of vodka last night!

• Like 1

Priority for me is a st, cm and a rw.

Think the defence will hold out and improve with better players ahead of them on the pitch.

We need more quality in central midfield, gueye, Westwood and Sanchez are all capable but we need another decent cm.

Right wing/midfield is an issue, bacuna isn't the answer Imo.

Looks like we've landed ayew, but I would still argue the need for a goal scorer. Adebayor could be enough on a short term deal.

Ayew today, fingers crossed.

Then hopefully a striker and a central midfielder this week.

I've seen people saying we need a CB, which I agree with, but I'm unsure if we'll get one, if Richards has been bought to play there.

I think Richards has been brought in to replace Vlaar.

My bet is he will be new club captain leading from the centre half position. If we are adding any more defenders it will be at right back... Would absolutely love to welcome Walker back.

Assuming the Ayew deal goes through, if we then brought in Walker, Cambiasso, Phillips and Adebayor I'd say that's a decent team.

I think they'll all hit the ground running. Amavi needs to work on his fitness a bit, but he even insinuates in an interview in his thread that training at Nice was more "tactics" where as under Sherwood it's fitness, fitness and more fitness with no time for a breather. So i think they will all do well. Sherwood is clearly buying in players that based on what he's seen of them will fit his philosophy and tactics for the season.

That's a little disconcerting.

Very!

A concern for me is Sherwood seems to really rate/get on well with Hutton.

Why would that be a concern? Hutton was good for most of last season. He was our best player for the first few months.
Hutton is a 6/7 out of ten per game and the odd lost his head game in their to! But my main concern is Richards as centre back. I'm no expert if I was I would be manager but for me it is so obvious that he will be a liability in that position. I hope I'm wrong. If the Walker rumours are true then I would have mixed emotions about this,because Walker I think is great but that means Richards is definitely CB