Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

We could do with shifting Kozak, Sendros, Zog, Tonev.

That could free up more than 75k in terms of wages. Which the other three would cost less than it for sure.

we could get 4m from them combind if we are lucky which would sortout Oulares fee.

I honestly think the squad looks ok now. I think Bacuna and Hutton are fine for right back at the moment, and we have 4 decent centre-halves.

If we have say £15-20m left, I would love us go make a marquee signing. We've bought alot of players who will potentially be great, but it would be fantastic to buy someone who is already the finished article, who can be the figurehead for the team and push us to the next level. Ideally we need a striker who will score us 15 goals in the league...

A guy called Charlie Austin meets all those requirements. Proven premiership goalscorer who will guarantee goals. In before the VT hipsters who have never even seen these players play other then on football manager name Embolo, etc.
FM is real life damnit!

We really need a good striker. None of our options fill me with confidence. What's the point of having Gil, Grealish and Traore playing if we don't have a striker that can link up with them. This is why I hope the Adebayor deal comes off, he'd be perfect for us in the short term.

• Like 2

We really need a good striker. None of our options fill me with confidence. What's the point of having Gil, Grealish and Traore playing if we don't have a striker that can link up with them. This is why I hope the Adebayor deal comes off, he'd be perfect for us in the short term.

Id rather us go for someone younger with pace tbh. Not sure who though

I know central midfield isn't seen as much of a problem now but If we'd have kept Delph and Cleverley i'd still have liked another CM to arrive this summer and I'm sure some of you would have. Let's say Gana has replaced Delph and Veretout has replaced Cleverley, I think we still need another midfielder, I'd hope we're looking at Darder as a possibility still, and I think Praet can play that position too. I think we'd have to offload a few players for that to happen as we have other priorities but I don't see us as being complete with the current midfield.

• Like 2

Alex Song still hasn't decided where he will play this season.

Unrealistic I know, but after the transfers we've done this summer who knows..

Why is it unrealistic?

Wages are the sticking point with him, that's fairly clear. But as time goes by... He's an incredible player. I don't know specifically what happened at West Ham, it appears as though he feel out with Big Sam, but when motivated he's a top, top class footballer.

We would be able to pay him and A.N. Other behind a number 10 and two wingers and still keep a solid defensive line. He's like a Sanchez/Westwood hybrid. BOGOF.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Alex Song still hasn't decided where he will play this season.

Unrealistic I know, but after the transfers we've done this summer who knows..

Why is it unrealistic?

Wages are the sticking point with him, that's fairly clear. But as time goes by...

Well yeah money is the big issue, but also doubt he'd be willing to relocate to Birmingham.

But as I said seems like anything can happen this summer, would be a perfect signing

• Like 1

------------------------------------------------Guzan/Bunn/Steer--------------------------------------------------------

--Bacuna/Hutton/Crespo----Richards/Okore/Donacien/Baker/Clark----Amavi/Bennett/Richardson--

-------------------------------Gana/Gardner/Sanchez/Veretout/Westwood----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------Traore/Gil/Grealish/Cole/Sinclair----------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------Agbonlahor/Ayew/Kozak/Gestede---------------------------------------------

seems to me to be the 25 + Amavi, Traore and Grealish. Senderos, Nzogbia and Tonev all absent from that list and I'm guessing hopefully/presumably on their way somewhere?

I'd expect Donacien to go off on loan. That would make room for a new CB imo.

After that I cant see a new GK without losing Guzan, a new RB without losing Hutton, LB for Richardson, CM for Gardner, ST for Kozak. Maybe a winger/AM for Cole.

Baker and Steer on loan?

We're a CB, LB, CM and ST away from a really competitive top half looking squad though imo.

Agree Villa Marv, although that list is 28 long so we'd have to remove 3 straight away and then more to cater for any more signings

You would think Donacien, Gardner, Cole, Kozak would be the logical four to go either sold, released or on loan thus enabling us to bring one more in?

I'm least confident with our options upfront atm. The defence seem to be doing fine currently and the new partnership hasn't had much time to gel yet. Will be good to have Okore back as well. If we can get another striker and possibly a CM option as cover that would be great.

Praet, a keeper, a forward and a central defender would be ideal before the window closes (possibly 2 of them being on loan). But we have done much more than I had expected already so I cannot really complain if we only bring in another one or two.    

• Like 1