Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

.................Guzan.................

Richards...Okore...Clark...Amavi

..........Gueye........Westwood.......

Adama........Gil........Grealish

................Gestede.................

Sorted.

I agree with this side except for Richards should be at CB after his heroics last night, I thought he was absolutely top class, I'd persevere with Bacuna at RB, I think it's clear that we are desperate for a centre forward

Sorted.

I agree with this side except for Richards should be at CB after his heroics last night, I thought he was absolutely top class, I'd persevere with Bacuna at RB, I think it's clear that we are desperate for a centre forward

Apart from his rashness for the only goal in the game

Sorted.

Apart from his rashness for the only goal in the game

I think we can afford him a minor mistake or 2 while he settles in, what did you think of his performance bar the goal?

Richards is here as a CB and won't be moving to RB unless there is a huge injury crisis. In an interview with sky yesterday he said that his body won't let him play that role anymore.

I think signing a new RB is our priority really. Richards, Clark, Okore, Baker will do for this season but Bacuna and Hutton aren't great options.

His body won't allow him? I don't get it.

We only need:- 

Right Back (Clone Amavi - right foot pretty please :-))
Striker (on loan) 

That all we need for now.. and time to sell.

Sell:-
Senderos
Nzogbia
Richardson
Steers

might Kozak as no place for him at moment and he might want regular
(I wish Agblonahor on these list but i dont see him left villa, it is sad)

that all, business is over :-) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a Look at Squad List.

GK:- Guzan & Bunn, Segruit (or any youth goalkeeper)

RB:- New RB & Hutton 
LB:- Amavi & Bennett (untill Jan windows if He, Bennett didnt well)
CB:- Richards & Okore (get him 5 years contracts), Clark, Baker, Crespo

Unity Players: Baunca & Crespo

CM: Veretout & Gana, Westwood, Gardner, Sanchez, Mason
AM: (can player as winger): Gill, Grealish,

AM (natural): Coles
Winger: Sinclair & Adama

Striker: Loan Striker & Ayew, Gestede, Robinson (can recall anytime), Kozak

these squad is very good talents players and good numbers for FA & Captial one Cups (even euro if we in), and leagues.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my first choice line up is :-

------------------Guzan------------------
New RB--Richards--Clark--Amavi
---Veretout---Westwood--Gana---
-----------Gil--------Grealish----------- (swap Adama) 
----------------Gesterde------------------

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 1

I think Robinson deserves a chance in the side, he had a productive loan spell last season, he's a very good young talent, whether he will have the same impact as Grealish remains to be seen but we need a new striker regardless

• Like 1

Baggies aren't going to sell Berahino to us unless we pay well over the odds. 

do you think he is good enough for us? I don't personally, just another overhyped young English player, goes on a run of scoring for 5 games and then goes AWOL for 10, I wouldn't want him as our main striker

do you think he is good enough for us? I don't personally, just another overhyped young English player, goes on a run of scoring for 5 games and then goes AWOL for 10, I wouldn't want him as our main striker

Berahino is quality!!

I don't think it's fair to critcise Gabby as the guy got no service! All we need from him is to keep it simple, work the channels and hold it up when played into his feet, oh an finish every 1 in 3/4 chances. (that's the ratio of a good striker). I like Gestede he is a better player then I thought he would be so he is good competition, however unless Gabby is getting service and not scoring I think it's wrong to drop him as he is our most experienced striker at this level. It's clear though that we need a top class striker.

Our new midfielders definitely need to improve their fitness (only matches will do this). We desperately need a playmaker in the team and someone to run at defender instead of behind them which is what Ayew and Sinclair were doing. Westwood looks physically stronger than last season and he has improved defensively as a result. We seem to be trying to play from the back which i like but Westwood who I think should be the guy picking up from the back four wasn't doing it as much as he should. Gana looks like a player, but still not premier league fit yet, needs games (Veretout as well). Veretout looks like he needs to think a step faster. Ayew is tidy, has decent link-up play and has pace probably better suited to being in the centre.  

Seems to me like Sherwood is intent on turning Bacuna into a full time RB. He has all the tools to be a quality attacking RB just needs to improve his marking and positioning. Hutton seems to be the number 2 RB. Personally think Hutton is limited in possession (probably why Bacuna is preferred ATM). Amavi has nailed down his place, with Bennett as back-up (I would loan him out again and sign another). Richards, who I like as RB seem to be a CB now (shame as he is the best RB at the club) and has done well. Clark and Okore are good options, Baker is decent but all 4 seem to spend some time injured every season so we definitely need a quality CB with a good injury record (probably and left sided one and maybe send Baker on loan).  Top striker is needed, and another midfielder (Gardner needs game so send him on loan and get someone in to provide proper competition) .

Current preferred line up:

Guzan

Bacuna   Richards   Clark   Amavi

Sanchez    Gueye

Traore             Grealish        Sinclair

Gabby

I would like to see a top quality striker instead of Gabby. Would use Gestede for plan B (lump it to the big man) loan out Kozak. Would like us to replace Hutton but as he signed a new contract last season probably not a goer. We don't have any proper defensive midfielders apart from Sanchez. Our midfield looks lightweight without him. So I'd sign a player like Sanchez only better.  Considering all our widemen prefer to deliver low crosses and cut inside someone quick that can hold it up is best as a striking option.  Veretout Westwood and Gil would be my alternative midfield which i think is almost as good as the starting one. Apart from LB and CB We have good strength in depth. Would just like to see a real quality defensive midfielder and stirker signed as I think we would have a first team that could compete with the best.

I think Robinson deserves a chance in the side, he had a productive loan spell last season, he's a very good young talent, whether he will have the same impact as Grealish remains to be seen but we need a new striker regardless

You do realise he's gone out on loan for the season?
  • Like 1

I think he's good enough for us yeah, but I don't think he's good enough to pay what they'll want for him. They are going to try to get £18m+ for him from Spurs, we'd have to look at £20m+, which is silly money - worth about £12m IMO.

Double swoop on boggies for lescott and berahino

He said he'd sign for us if bid got accepted..albion would hold out for 20m
Where did you hear that?
i've never saw any link or anything to him saying he would join a rival especialy when theres no reported interest

Double swoop on boggies for lescott and berahino

He said he'd sign for us if bid got accepted..albion would hold out for 20m
Where did you hear that?
i've never saw any link or anything to him saying he would join a rival especialy when theres no reported interest
Not a link mate i know him through my friends

The guy is top class potential and would piss into our side as he is now. If this happened I would be so happy but, it won't