Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Interested to see who we go for as a striker, it seems by the copious amount of rumours to front players that we will try and sign someone. Wouldn't surprise me if we signed two, the way this window has gone! I hope its not someone uninspiring like Borini (linked again today). Of the ones we have been linked with, someone like Keita, Afobe, Berahino (unlikely), Oulare and Adebayor would do fine. Don't know much about Keita and Oulare but they seem highly rated. Embolo is one I like from the Youtube vidos but the links seem to have gone dry on him.

Also linked with Boilesen again today... surely not needed with Richardson and Bennett?

Still think we lack a bit in midfield.. Song was a good shout but isn't he on £160k a week at Barca and still in contract? If West Ham can't strike a deal then I'd guess we might struggle with his demands as well. 

Edited by Xela

I feel like a member of the 24th Regiment of Foot, sat in Rorke's drift, waiting.

I know something is going to happen, I just don't know what.. Or when... Or who.

Although, rumor has it Tim shouted 'Ayew!' and signed the first guy that turned around.

All we really need is a CB with a decent goal scoring record of about 1 in 2.

Does such a thing exist?

All we really need is a CB with a decent goal scoring record of about 1 in 2.

Does such a thing exist?

Christian Benteke?

• Like 4

Sunderland will bid to re-sign Kieran Richardson as they attempt to reverse their nightmare start to the Premier League season.

The versatile Aston Villa man has lost the left-back berth to new boy Jordan Amavi and boss Tim Sherwood may allow him to leave before the window closes in two weeks' time.

Richardson, 30, spent five years at the Stadium of Light until 2012 and would be a valuable addition to Dick Advocaat’s struggling squad.

Sunderland have conceded seven goals in losing their first two games of the Premier League season, away to Leicester and at home against Norwich.

Former Manchester United and England player Richards can also operate on the left wing or in central midfield.

He has a year left on his Villa Park deal and would be available for around £2million.

Advocaat was promised a significant transfer budget when he reversed his decision to retire in the summer.

The Black Cats are now determined to spend before the September 1 deadline.

£2m for Richardson. Oh Yes

Edited by dudevillaisnice
  • Like 4

So Sunderland are looking to strengthen their defence by signing Richardson. At first glance that's hilarious, and yet looking at their defence they're probably right. Talk about a win win. Please please make this happen.

• Like 1

John Percy saying that there may be movement on Lescott to Villa now Fazio is going there. Also senderos is not going to Turkey.

I thought Senderos had second thoughts about Rizespor because Antalyaspor came in for him. Has he pulled out of both now?