Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Who's all these people saying N'koulou is on a free....I'm watching him play for Marseille as we speak!

Don't know where free came from? I think he has one year left at Marseille, but with no Champions League income they are not in a position to hold on to their best earners which is why quite a few have already gone. I don't know if N'Koulou is one of those earners, but last chance to get any money for him this season before he leaves on a free.

I'd love to see us make a bid for him. 

Off topic, but I see Gignac (who Marseille couldn't really afford to offer a new contract) has moved to Mexico. He's still only 29 and decent striker. Seems a very strange move. 

Edited by Danwichmann

How many more signings do you think we will realistically make? I think 2, maybe 3

Anything between 0 and 10 imo

Good call

1, 2 at the most. Could depend on getting rid of people.

I think we are ok to be honest. If the money is there to sign a proper striker, then great. If not, I think we have got a balanced squad, with bags of potential.

I'm sure he's been mentioned before, but potato head has confirmed Tom Huddleston has a buy out clause. We've probably got enough already in central midfield but if we do need one more then I think he'd be a good fit. 

I just don't see the point in signing Lescott. Just 20-30 games less in Clark's development this season. 

Its called having a good squad. There are bound to injuries so having Richards, Lescott, Okore and Clark would be a huge step up on last year. 

Send Baker out on loan to get a run of games. 

Yes, but you don't just change centre backs at the drop of a hat. You pick a pair and then keep playing them, at least until an injury or a howling mistake. If we bring in Lescott, that will automatically divide the amount of gametime Clark gets by half IMO, and at this stage in his career, he needs to be playing week in, week out. 

• Like 1

I honestly think the squad looks ok now. I think Bacuna and Hutton are fine for right back at the moment, and we have 4 decent centre-halves.

If we have say £15-20m left, I would love us go make a marquee signing. We've bought alot of players who will potentially be great, but it would be fantastic to buy someone who is already the finished article, who can be the figurehead for the team and push us to the next level. Ideally we need a striker who will score us 15 goals in the league...

Edited by GeordieVillan
  • Like 1

I honestly think the squad looks ok now. I think Bacuna and Hutton are fine for right back at the moment, and we have 4 decent centre-halves.

If we have say £15-20m left, I would love us go make a marquee signing. We've bought alot of players who will potentially be great, but it would be fantastic to buy someone who is already the finished article, who can be the figurehead for the team and push us to the next level. Ideally we need a striker who will score us 15 goals in the league...

A guy called Charlie Austin meets all those requirements. Proven premiership goalscorer who will guarantee goals. In before the VT hipsters who have never even seen these players play other then on football manager name Embolo, etc.

• Like 1

A guy called Charlie Austin meets all those requirements. Proven premiership goalscorer who will guarantee goals. In before the VT hipsters who have never even seen these players play other then on football manager name Embolo, etc.

I would take Charlie Austin for £15m. The going rate is Connor Wickham for £9m,

I don't think we are interested in him though.

We need a signing similar to when Southampton bought Pelle....