Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I'm least confident with our options upfront atm.

Really? (oops, just re read what you wrote .. my bad)

we have Gabby, who's completely useless as a goalscorer and has been for over half a decade

we have Ayew, who is new to the league and could be hit or miss

we have Gestede who is new to the league and could be hit or miss

we have Kozak who's been out for over a year with a horrible injury and could be hit or miss

that's scary as **** if you ask me! i would rather have just Benteke than that lot combined right now as at least you knew who'd guarantee some goals, get rid of Gabby and Kozak and bring in 2 more

we than have a collection of attacking midfielders with exactly the same problems

we don't have a single, what you'd call a guaranteed goalscorer in the entire squad. 

Edited by Ulver

Really?

we have Gabby, who's completely useless as a goalscorer and has been for over half a decade

we have Kozak who's been out for over a year with a horrible injury and could be hit or miss

that's scary as **** if you ask me! i would rather have just Benteke than that lot combined right now as at least you knew who'd guarantee some goals, get rid of Gabby and Kozak and bring in 2 more

we than have a collection of attacking midfielders with exactly the same problems

we don't have a single, what you'd call a guaranteed goalscorer in the entire squad.

Aye, hence my comment. Need something more in there.

------------------------------------------------Guzan/Bunn/Steer--------------------------------------------------------

--Bacuna/Hutton/Crespo----Richards/Okore/Donacien/Baker/Clark----Amavi/Bennett/Richardson--

-------------------------------Gana/Gardner/Sanchez/Veretout/Westwood----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------Traore/Gil/Grealish/Cole/Sinclair----------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------Agbonlahor/Ayew/Kozak/Gestede---------------------------------------------

seems to me to be the 25 + Amavi, Traore and Grealish. Senderos, Nzogbia and Tonev all absent from that list and I'm guessing hopefully/presumably on their way somewhere?

I'd expect Donacien to go off on loan. That would make room for a new CB imo.

After that I cant see a new GK without losing Guzan, a new RB without losing Hutton, LB for Richardson, CM for Gardner, ST for Kozak. Maybe a winger/AM for Cole.

Baker and Steer on loan?

We're a CB, LB, CM and ST away from a really competitive top half looking squad though imo.

Agree Villa Marv, although that list is 28 long so we'd have to remove 3 straight away and then more to cater for any more signings

You would think Donacien, Gardner, Cole, Kozak would be the logical four to go either sold, released or on loan thus enabling us to bring one more in?

Veretout, Traore and Grealish dont take up a place though as they were 21 or under at the start of the year

Edit: Missed Amavi too

Edited by Marley the Bognor Villan

Really?

Thats because guaranteed goal scorers are at a premium and cost big bucks!

Agree Villa Marv, although that list is 28 long so we'd have to remove 3 straight away and then more to cater for any more signings

You would think Donacien, Gardner, Cole, Kozak would be the logical four to go either sold, released or on loan thus enabling us to bring one more in?

Veretout, Traore and Grealish dont take up a place though as they were 21 or under at the start of the year

Edit: Missed Amavi too

Amavi, Traore + Grealish are the freebies. Veretout has to be registered though.

squad rules from the FA:

All 20 Clubs must include eight Home Grown players out of a squad of 25 for that Premier League season.

A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Clubs are able to supplement their squads with unlimited additional players under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences.

Changes to the squad list of 25 may be made during the period of a transfer window. So Clubs must declare their 25 at the end of August when the window shuts and then again at the end of January.

28 players atm including Senderos/Tonev/Nzogbia to the list on my original post. 29 if you count Seigrist.

• Like 1

Really?

Aye, hence my comment. Need something more in there.

I also misread it as 'I'm at least confident'

That they do. I don't think we'll necessarily need a proven one, but one more high potential would even out our odds a little.

we need one who work the ball and consistently score.....when you have one that relies on service they easily be negated.....we all know you have to rely on service to a degree, but the ones that rely on it least or of more value.

ps proven ones are too expensive.

Edited by TRO

Bidding for Adebayror shows TS knows we need anther striker so its frustrating at the moment but at least we know efforts are being made to resolve the issue.That said once we get some creativity into team we will improve.

I honestly think the squad looks ok now. I think Bacuna and Hutton are fine for right back at the moment, and we have 4 decent centre-halves.

If we have say £15-20m left, I would love us go make a marquee signing. We've bought alot of players who will potentially be great, but it would be fantastic to buy someone who is already the finished article, who can be the figurehead for the team and push us to the next level. Ideally we need a striker who will score us 15 goals in the league...

A guy called Charlie Austin meets all those requirements. Proven premiership goalscorer who will guarantee goals. In before the VT hipsters who have never even seen these players play other then on football manager name Embolo, etc.
FM is real life damnit!

Embolo > Austin

And I've never played Football Manager in my life.

I'm certainly not panicking about our striking options right now. How many chances have we created? Zilch... And there's a few reasons for that as other have mentioned.

If you look at our starting line up from Friday I don't see how Ayew or Gabby could be blamed with the players they had behind them. Either brand new, out of position or just not that creative footballers. Judge the strikers when they have opportunities to impact football matches, and this will come when Gil, Grealish and Adama are involved

which is surely why when you only have one, and you sell him for big bucks you realise you need to replace him for big bucks. just logical innit?

I think we had a greater need than simply to replace a striker though.

I agree with you btw, its just that I dont think we had enough to buy a decent replacement....theres still time tough.....

How many more signings do you think we will realistically make? I think 2, maybe 3

Anything between 0 and 10 imo

Yeah it's 50/50/50/50/50/50/50/50/50/50 that we'll get 10 in.

facials