Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I honestly think the squad looks ok now. I think Bacuna and Hutton are fine for right back at the moment, and we have 4 decent centre-halves.

If we have say £15-20m left, I would love us go make a marquee signing. We've bought alot of players who will potentially be great, but it would be fantastic to buy someone who is already the finished article, who can be the figurehead for the team and push us to the next level. Ideally we need a striker who will score us 15 goals in the league...

A guy called Charlie Austin meets all those requirements. Proven premiership goalscorer who will guarantee goals. In before the VT hipsters who have never even seen these players play other then on football manager name Embolo, etc.

Proven?? He did it for one season.. Second season syndrome and all that!!

Marcus Stewart banged in loads for Ipswich in his first season in Premiership something like 25.. but he went off boil after and many other examples (Michael Ricketts and others) 

I think Benik Afobe would be a better option than Austin..

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Yep. I'd just go and get a promising but mostly proven CF now. We took a bit of a punt on Benteke, lots of 'experts' were saying he wasn't very good so I'd like to take less of a risk on someone. £15m on someone about Amavi level. Maybe like Giroud when Arsenal signed him.

• Like 1

I think the fact that we still have gabby in the starting line up speaks volumes. I'm sure Tim will address this, bearing in mind that Gabby wasn't in his line up last year, so I can't imagine he's considered a first choice option.

I honestly think the squad looks ok now. I think Bacuna and Hutton are fine for right back at the moment, and we have 4 decent centre-halves.

If we have say £15-20m left, I would love us go make a marquee signing. We've bought alot of players who will potentially be great, but it would be fantastic to buy someone who is already the finished article, who can be the figurehead for the team and push us to the next level. Ideally we need a striker who will score us 15 goals in the league...

A guy called Charlie Austin meets all those requirements. Proven premiership goalscorer who will guarantee goals. In before the VT hipsters who have never even seen these players play other then on football manager name Embolo, etc.

Proven?? He did it for one season.. Second season syndrome and all that!!

Marcus Stewart banged in loads for Ipswich in his first season in Premiership something like 25.. but he went off boil after and many other examples (Michael Ricketts and others)

I think Benik Afobe would be a better option than Austin..

So you say no to Austin as he only did it for one season then you go mention a guy who has NEVER done it in any season in the premiership or even the top level of any league.

Okayyyyyyyyy.

Nixon today FWIW

1. @reluctantnicko haha seems Jose heard you Alan on terry

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

@upthevilla76 To be fair to Mourinho he will make the big calls. His next call will probably be to Everton on the way home.

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

@reluctantnicko 40 million delph benteke gives us new team virtually what was needed. Any villa info Alan or we about done

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

@upthevilla76 Keeper poss. Still want Adebayor or that type. Wonder if watching Oulare this week.

8:12 PM - 16 Aug 2015 · Details

------------------------------------------------Guzan/Bunn/Steer--------------------------------------------------------

--Bacuna/Hutton/Crespo----Richards/Okore/Donacien/Baker/Clark----Amavi/Bennett/Richardson--

-------------------------------Gana/Gardner/Sanchez/Veretout/Westwood----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------Traore/Gil/Grealish/Cole/Sinclair----------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------Agbonlahor/Ayew/Kozak/Gestede---------------------------------------------

seems to me to be the 25 + Amavi, Traore and Grealish. Senderos, Nzogbia and Tonev all absent from that list and I'm guessing hopefully/presumably on their way somewhere?

I'd expect Donacien to go off on loan. That would make room for a new CB imo.

After that I cant see a new GK without losing Guzan, a new RB without losing Hutton, LB for Richardson, CM for Gardner, ST for Kozak. Maybe a winger/AM for Cole.

Baker and Steer on loan?

We're a CB, LB, CM and ST away from a really competitive top half looking squad though imo.

If we buy Charlie Austin I'll give Acorns and VT £20.

£20 each, or a tenner to both?

Each.

I really, really don't think there's any danger of us buying Charlie Austin.

Yeah, me either.

Be interesting to see if there's any developments on Nixon's Oulare link this week though.

I think the fact that we still have gabby in the starting line up speaks volumes. I'm sure Tim will address this, bearing in mind that Gabby wasn't in his line up last year, so I can't imagine he's considered a first choice option.

Gabby always played.

Gabby always played.

he must show something in training, because he really shouldn't

Aston Villa want to bring in another striker to their ranks this summer and are now being linked with Wolverhampton Wanderers frontman Benik Afobe, as reported by the Express via the Metro.

The 22-year-old former Arsenal star only joined the West Midlands side in the January transfer window but went on to score 13 goals in 21 games for Kenny Jackett’s and almost earned them a spot in the Championship play-offs.

image: http://www.squawka.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/4560721-1024x683.jpg

Huddersfield Town v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Sky Bet Football League Championship

Benik Afobe had a 74% shot accuracy in the Championship last term.

The Metro states that Tim Sherwood has now identified the England under-21 star as the next player he wants to bring to Villa Park but Wolves are determined to keep him but may struggle to reject a sizable offer.

Wolves’ Benik Afobe believes he could have been a success at Arsenal

Villa have already signed the likes of Jordan Ayew from Lorient and Rudy Gestede from Blackburn Rovers this summer, who will be seen as replacements for Christian Benteke and Andreas Weimann who have joined Liverpool and Derby respectively.

The veteran Gabriel Agbonlahor is still at the club but the aforementioned story would clearly indicate that Sherwood wants to add more firepower to his side and avoid another relegation scrap.

Hope its true.