2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

I'd say giving a manager another 4 year contract after 4 decent games was an error. I'd say the same for Hutton as I know read Sherwood wants rid. Id day putting near 40 year olds on 5 year contracts was an error and putting potentially lazy players on sky high long term contracts was also an error. I'd say focussing his attention on our corporate image and doing up the holte pub instead of investing smartly on the pitch was an error. I'd say appointing McLeish was a huge error, if not just from a pr point of view. I'd say appointing a non footballng man to take charge in faulkener was an error and whatever he is doing now is clearly not working as we can't sell. I wonder how news got out that we were in exclusivity around the time season tickets went on sale and I wonder why the club didn't deny it. I wonder how things didn't work out and why we havent heard from the interested party since. I also wonder weather you, like a homosexual teenage boy might be in denial

Not all homosexuals are Egyptian.

He was only wondering if the weather would be gay.

We are terrible and have a clueless owner not willing to make things right. You can't see that? I wasnt looking for a bit by the way although I'm sure you thought that sounded cool, that is how I see thing

In what way is the owner "clueless" and how is he "not willing to make things right"

Its lovely to throw around these subjective statements but without actually providing examples or evidence you just sound like a neurotic 12 year old girl.

Surely anyone who has watched the last few years can see the evidence and examples.

Can we NOT put the homophobic comment to one side?

I'm just avoiding POP action.

What's wrong with PoP when someone is being a word removed?

I'm not allowed to say because that would be commenting on moderation. [/limpid]
  • Like 2

either way...the take over appears to be off....

and which ever way you cut it RL is the owner and steward of this great club, so he is responsible for all that goes on in it !!!

Ultimately we are in the position we are in because of him. its all his fault.

4 years for Lambert? I can understand why it happened but more Faulkner's bad than Lerner. 

5 year contract for Given? Faulkner. 

Lerner appointed and stuck by Faulkner - his bad.

"Potentially lazy players" which ones? And how did Lerner know they were lazy in advance of contract negotiations? Everyone is "potentially" something. That's a very subjective approach to recruitment. 

As you later point out, smart player recruitment is the work of a smart manager - Lerner couldn't appoint a smart manager despite several attempts. 

McLeish was appointed after the idiot section of our fan base decided McLaren wasn't good enough. I can see the logic in the appointment even if I disagree with it. 

Sorry but there is no defending the McLeish appointment on any level, whether at the time or in retrospect.

Oh I'm sorry I just thought the neurotic 12 yo girl comment was quite sexist and churlish so I thought I'd reply in kind. Wasn't referring to your sexuality but the fact your in denial about lerners ability, hit a nerve though

As regards to your defence of lerner it appears to be 'its only his club it's someone else who makes all the decisions' I.e it's someone else's fault. Cool

Edited by daz316
  • Like 1

either way...the take over appears to be off....

and which ever way you cut it RL is the owner and steward of this great club, so he is responsible for all that goes on in it !!!

Ultimately we are in the position we are in because of him. its all his fault.

And MON. 

A shrewder, more patient, and less egomaniacal manager would have gone about things in a much better way. Had we had that manager, we might be preparing for Barcelona away this autumn instead of wringing our hands wondering if THIS is the year we get relegated. 

yes, agree with MON....but who let him get away it? Mr Randolph Lerner?

in denial

I see what you did there. In denial. In the Nile.

FISH PUNS!

Okay, my turn.

I think Randy COD do better. It'll MAKEREL-y bad summer if he can't sell. I will be REEL-y SOLE destroyed if it doesn't happen.

Come on.. This isn't the time nor the plaice.
  • Like 1

Interesting to see the wildly differing approaches between the two takeovers.

WBA keeping fans informed through the press, whilst our lips remain tightly sealed.  Makes you wonder what is actually going on, if anything.

I see West Brom's deal has gone the same way.

So maybe some posters on here can relax and breath rather getting excited about what happens to a little club in Smethwick.

Mind you yet again we had to be treated to Pat Murphy 'understands' comment on the BBC website. Apparently they will continue to 'close in' on their transfer targets including someone called 'Ciaran Clarke' whoever he may be. Total and utter clearing in the woods who loathes us with a passion.

It appears west broms takeover collapsed because the buyers wanted to spread the cost over a few years, so considering if Nursey was right this group were also talking to us no wonder Randy ended talks, also rules out the crazy thoughts that Dalian Wanda or that multi billionaire were behind the bids

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

I was asked to attend a meeting at VP on the 16th July. They didn't ask me to become the chairman there and then, but it can only be a matter of time.

• Like 4

in denial

I see what you did there. In denial. In the Nile.

FISH PUNS!

Okay, my turn.

I think Randy COD do better. It'll MAKEREL-y bad summer if he can't sell. I will be REEL-y SOLE destroyed if it doesn't happen.

Come on.. This isn't the time nor the plaice.

Everyone needs to calm down. How about we all have a KIPPER tea

Â