2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

To be honest, I don't think we really need a massive cash injection right now. I'm getting to the point where I think a few more signings might just be too much too soon.

Gradual progress is what we need. If we finish comfortably mid-table this season and then build from there I think we'd all be satisfied with that, right? I think that's the best way forward for long-term improvement.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

To be honest, I don't think we really need a massive cash injection right now. I'm getting to the point where I think a few more signings might just be too much too soon.

Gradual progress is what we need. If we finish comfortably mid-table this season and then build from there I think we'd all be satisfied with that, right? I think that's the best way forward for long-term improvement.

I agree with this. Although, we do need another defender.

• Like 1

for years and years of demise.....There is no fast track to success.

Its years of hard work of doing it right.

baring exceptions like Man City

There are no long term "we built it and developed and grew and improved year on year" clubs in this league. It's a lovely dream, but they don't exist. 

You get to the top by spending more than everyone else and you get to the top quickly, because the players you need to get there want to be there right now.

The only way to get into the top four is the way that Chelsea and City did - that's the TV show we live in.

• Like 4

There are alternative means to achieve top 4 status...surprise people and do it by guile, graft and luck. We are close to being a side that can pull that off....

Don't get carried away mate, we have been fighting bloody relegation for passed few years and you are saying we are a side who break top 4 without serious investment, positivity and foolishness are divided by a small line

• Like 1

There are no long term "we built it and developed and grew and improved year on year" clubs in this league. It's a lovely dream, but they don't exist. 

You get to the top by spending more than everyone else and you get to the top quickly, because the players you need to get there want to be there right now.

The only way to get into the top four is the way that Chelsea and City did - that's the TV show we live in.

All accurate and very sad. You mention the TV show - this is a perfect allusion to the fact that football is a reflection of the 'want it all now' culture we live in today.

Aston Villa sex tape anyone? That would raise the media profile...

There are alternative means to achieve top 4 status...surprise people and do it by guile, graft and luck. We are close to being a side that can pull that off....

Don't get carried away mate, we have been fighting bloody relegation for passed few years and you are saying we are a side who break top 4 without serious investment, positivity and foolishness are divided by a small line

Point understood, but if there are 3 or 4 more signings due as oue resident ITK says...why shouldnt we bloody go for it

Â