2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

We might class ourselves as a top 8 team, but the reality of it is we are no more a top 8 team than liverpool are top 4.

With so many new signings nobody knows what we are atm!

Doubt top 8 though.

There are alternative means to achieve top 4 status...surprise people and do it by guile, graft and luck. We are close to being a side that can pull that off....

There really aren't and we are nowhere near.

I think he's still out on the lash from last night  ;)

The EDS twitter accounts are just utter bullshit. You only have to read through them to see how often wrong they are 

I'd take top 15 for now. Which if our current squad gels we are already there. 3-5 year plan should be cement ourselves back as a top 10 team.

Under the current regime, I feel this is achievable. Thoughts are that we can spend ~20m a year without affecting Randy's pocket, so if he's content to put a little in, and Fox can continue to grow us to increase that revenue for further investment, then I'm actually happy with the current state of the club.

Of course, this willingness of Randy's to suddenly be interested might just be to polish the asset to sell, so long term he might not be wanting to continue as we currently are anyway.

Takeover would be good. But only for the right owner. I'd rather Lerner/Fox/Almatadt than Venky's MkII

There's always going to be some interest for Villa. This article just smacks of a story to sell papers.

Does it? I think if they wanted to make something up just to sell papers then they'd do a story on one of the top four, maybe even a top ten team, but us? Just to sell papers? I'm not so sure.

Not that I think there's much truth in the rumours, though I am curious as to why we've decided to spend so much. I think I'm right in saying that if the reports are true that we're still after three more players, maybe even four, then we will have spent more money than we've accumulated through sales. Has Randy had a change of heart or is there something else going on we don't know about?

Edited by Ginko

I think Randy has simply realised that he's only going to get the money he wants while we're in the Premier League. Think of this extra £15-£20 million on top of the £40 million from Benteke/Delph as giving the house new lick of paint and a quick fix to keep it's value up. I am sure Fox has told Randy that if he didn't do something the only place this club was going was the Championship which would cut a good £50 million off the value of the club instantly.. 

From Alan Nixon on Twitter

@reluctantnicko: @AVFCTransTweet There is an interested group. Whether they go through with it another matter. Organised by well known name.

Michael Jordan. :D

So long as it's not Simon Jordan.

The King of Jordan might be good.

• Like 1

From Alan Nixon on Twitter

@reluctantnicko: @AVFCTransTweet There is an interested group. Whether they go through with it another matter. Organised by well known name.

Andy Gray rather than Tony Adams if anyone? 

• Like 1

Â