2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Let's see if we can follow a whole page of fish puns with a whole page of objections.

Unless, of course, it becomes necessary to interrupt this thrilling sport for breaking news about the imminent takeover.

I bet 10 squid it don't happen

• Like 2

We seem to be signing players from Ligue 1 like Newcastle... We've signed two Jordans with one more incoming... Jordan sounds like Geordie... Only one thing can come from this. Mike Ashley is buying Villa, takeover confirmed.

• Like 1

We seem to be signing players from Ligue 1 like Newcastle... We've signed two Jordans with one more incoming... Jordan sounds like Geordie... Only one thing can come from this. Mike Ashley is buying Villa, takeover confirmed.

x-files11.jpg

• Like 2

What is it with Villatalk and fish puns?

Not that I'm complaining. I just wonder how it continually keeps happening. And always with fish.

It's a mystery.

Stevo's Law has observed it for years. But the cause is as yet unknown.

The thing that annoys about these constant pun threads is the sense you get that some posters truly believe that writing 'I've haddock enough of this' for the 10,000th time is being witty in some way. If they were new puns, it would at least be a bit better. 

• Like 3

Â