The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I've got a feeling that if he does go then Fox will try and replace him with Vieira. I wouldn't be disappointed with that.

replacing a manager with limited experience with a manager with no experience?

• Like 3

If we can get a proven top coach then all well and good but I just think that Vieira seems like the perfect match at the moment. I'd certainly prefer to take a chance on him than someone like Pearson or Rowett or any number of other managers that we'd probably get linked to.

We all know he's not going anywhere soon though yeah?

Just checking.

Every day with Sherwood in charge is another step closer to relegation

Wouldn't surprise me if this shambles of a club did nothing about it we will probably offer him a 5 year improved contract or something

Edited by AshVilla

I just can't see us even drawing against most of these teams we are going to be playing after the break. We could be well and truly **** if a change isn't made right now. If nothing else, a change would give the team a jumpstart and maybe change the atmosphere at BH and VP, and we can turns some of the losses into draws and draws into wins. As it stands, I don't see any other way out of this.

Anybody else worried that by the time he's gone we'll be unsaveable? Even if a good manager came in? If that were even possible, a few people have already said its not a job any proven manager should be taking. Are we the poisoned chalice?

It's only a small sample but 80% have voted on the poll that he should go. Pretty damning if it's any kind of reflection of the wider fan base.

Its a similar story on other fan sites and the Mail.

It's hard to come back once you've lost so many of the supporters especially so early.

• Like 1

I've got a feeling that if he does go then Fox will try and replace him with Vieira. I wouldn't be disappointed with that.

It's not just Sherwood's inexperience that's making him a bad manager though. And just because Vieira has no experience doesn't mean to say he's going to turn out the same as TS. If we did bring him I guess it would be wise bring in an experienced Assistant of his choosing.

Its one thing sacking a manager who is performing poorly, its quite another to sack the man you appointed 8 months ago who you identified as your only candidate. The man who you have let spend 45 million quid in the last window/

Fox got a lot of plaudits from Villa fans and was never sure why.

We pretty much all know Sherwood has to go, his inexperience will cost us our membership in the premiership. You would suspect that Fox knows it too. If Fox is the man a lot of fans thought he was he will act quickly and decisively. If Fox is the man I personally think he is we may have to wait until its too late before he is forced to act.

So Tom Fox, how good at your job are you?

It's not just Sherwood's inexperience that's making him a bad manager though. And just because Vieira has no experience doesn't mean to say he's going to turn out the same as TS. If we did bring him I guess it would be wise bring in an experienced Assistant of his choosing.

like Ray Wilkins?

I'm obviously not happy with how it's gone and can understand the thinking in wanting him gone.

The biggest disappointment for me is how quickly he appears to have lost his belief, his Tigger-like personality is currently more like Lambert's Eeyore.

It's an interesting and worrying thought about losing the players. A number of the signings seemed to point out that it was the enthusiasm and belief Sherwood has that persuaded them to join (or words to that affect). 

I'm hopeful this international break has come at a convenient time for the club to look at where we find ourselves in and do what we can to correct the situation. Whatever that might be. 

• Like 1

I don't expect Tom Fox to act fast on this

I remember this article being released 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2930443/Aston-Villa-fans-won-t-force-board-sack-Paul-Lambert-says-chief-executive-Tom-Fox.html

A few months after when other decent managers like Pulis had gone to other clubs he sacked him anyway

Maybe this time he will have learnt his lesson and act sooner because very soon Sunderland and Newcastle will be looking for new managers and we will be left with yet another nomark manager

Edited by AshVilla

The man who you have let spend 45 million quid in the last window

I keep seeing this number being thrown about like it's a lot of money.  Manchester City spent that on Sterling. More than that on De Bruyne. Almost that on Otamendi.

Spending £45m now is like spending £12m when O'Neill took over.

• Like 1

like Ray Wilkins?

As I say I'd leave it up to Vieira. Wilkins is another example of why bringing in someone with experience doesn't always work. (Although maybe that's unfair)

It's only a small sample but 80% have voted on the poll that he should go. Pretty damning if it's any kind of reflection of the wider fan base.

Its a similar story on other fan sites and the Mail.

It's hard to come back once you've lost so many of the supporters especially so early.

agreed, its also the same across facebook and twitter, hearing fans on various phone ins they are not happy, and he already seems to have lost the fans at VP.

boos at full time against baggies and jeers when he took off gil, boos after 1st half against blues, more sarcastic jeers yesterday when he finally brought on Gil and then boos at full time

Â