The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

The man who you have let spend 45 million quid in the last window

I keep seeing this number being thrown about like it's a lot of money.  Manchester City spent that on Sterling. More than that on De Bruyne. Almost that on Otamendi.

Spending £45m now is like spending £12m when O'Neill took over.

When was the last time we spent 45 million in a transfer window?

It's only a small sample but 80% have voted on the poll that he should go. Pretty damning if it's any kind of reflection of the wider fan base.

Its a similar story on other fan sites and the Mail.

It's hard to come back once you've lost so many of the supporters especially so early.

The fascinating thing is, most people would be willing to give him more time if he didn't get everything so wrong, every game. If he put out the right lineups, with formations that played to their strengths  and made sensible substitutions, people would be much more forgiving because it's such a young squad. But it is HE HIMSELF who is the problem, even Lambert didn't get is so consistently wrong. The writing is on the bloody wall, and if Fox can't read it, hopefully he's got people around him who aren't afraid to translate it.

• Like 1

I've got a feeling that if he does go then Fox will try and replace him with Vieira. I wouldn't be disappointed with that.

replacing a manager with limited experience with a manager with no experience?

It's not just Sherwood's inexperience that's making him a bad manager though. And just because Vieira has no experience doesn't mean to say he's going to turn out the same as TS. If we did bring him I guess it would be wise bring in an experienced Assistant of his choosing.

like Ray Wilkins?

As I say I'd leave it up to Vieira. Wilkins is another example of why bringing in someone with experience doesn't always work. (Although maybe that's unfair)

Useless what has Veira done to make you think he could save us?

Lets get frank rijkaard in hes managed barcelona the pressure there must have been immense he was a classy footballer im sure hed want a new challenge and im confident he would attack teams and get some stability in. If your after prem experience the droopy redknapp is about as is nigel 'nutcase'pearson. All are better than tim he dosnt even know what formation or who is going to play it.

Edited by villan501

Anybody else worried that by the time he's gone we'll be unsaveable? Even if a good manager came in? If that were even possible, a few people have already said its not a job any proven manager should be taking. Are we the poisoned chalice?

I think we're down already tbh. Looking at the fixtures, it'll be a miracle if we have more than 6 points by December. There won't be any recovering from that.

Very depressing, isn't it? The excitement of the summer, all the hope for attacking, fluid football and a cozy mid table finish has all been totally decimated by the manager. Incredible. We really deserve better than this continual torturous river of shit.

• Like 4

Lets get frank rijkaard in hes managed barcelona the pressure there must have been immense he was a classy footballer im sure hed want a new challenge and im confident he would attack teams and get some stability in. If your after prem experience the droopy redknapp is about as is nigel 'nutcase'pearson. All are better than tim he dosnt even know what formation or who is going to play it.

Frank Rijkaard relegated the oldest club in Netherlands for first time ever. He could be the man to do the job

• Like 2

The absolute last thing we need is to replace Sherwood with a guy with no track record because of his record as a player.

Viera might be a great manager but we are in no position to gamble to find out.

We really need a manager with proven premiership experience. No more gambles on up and coming managers, managers with one good season or anybody whose managed well in other leagues. I'm not asking to be shot up the league, just somebody who'd instill some stability, who'd make us at least hard to beat. As opposed to being the team everybody wants to play against.

• Like 2

The absolute last thing we need is to replace Sherwood with a guy with no track record because of his record as a player.

Viera might be a great manager but we are in no position to gamble to find out.

We really need a manager with proven premiership experience. No more gambles on up and coming managers, managers with one good season or anybody whose managed well in other leagues. I'm not asking to be shot up the league, just somebody who'd instill some stability, who'd make us at least hard to beat. As opposed to being the team everybody wants to play against.

careful who you ask for

alex-mcleish_1626459c.jpg

• Like 2

I've got a feeling that if he does go then Fox will try and replace him with Vieira. I wouldn't be disappointed with that.

replacing a manager with limited experience with a manager with no experience?

It's not just Sherwood's inexperience that's making him a bad manager though. And just because Vieira has no experience doesn't mean to say he's going to turn out the same as TS. If we did bring him I guess it would be wise bring in an experienced Assistant of his choosing.

like Ray Wilkins?

As I say I'd leave it up to Vieira. Wilkins is another example of why bringing in someone with experience doesn't always work. (Although maybe that's unfair)

Useless what has Veira done to make you think he could save us?

Nothing. I'm just saying that I think he'd be someone who Fox would consider and I wouldn't be disappointed, as I think he'd be someone who'd work well with our squad and command a lot of respect. Whoever we bring in is going to a risk, and we might not be in a position to bring in someone with a record of success elsewhere.

Have a feeling that when or if we do fire Sherwood, we will go for Brendan Rodgers, which would make me cry. 

Might sound stupid, but I really think our board should make contact with Klopp, he said he did not want a top team and wanted a challenge, he is definantly interested in coming to England, worst case scenario he says no. 

• Like 2

'Premier League experience' has been the prerequisite for every single manager hired in the Lerner era. I don't get why everyone is still so hung up on it.

Absolutely this. It doesn't need to be a risky appointment. There are some very capable managers around Europe who would want to manage in the Premier League.

Genuine question, those who want Sherwood gone, how many points would it take to from the next five daunting games (Chelsea, Swansea, Spurs, Man City and Everton) to give him a stay of execution? 

6 or 7 points? Or are you past that and of the opinion that we could get 5 decent results and you'd still want him gone?

A very good question. Given those games 5 points would be enough for me to buy him extra time, even 4 would be a reasonable return. 

Unfortunately even that number of points is likely to leave us a long way adrift which is why I think we need to act now.

I think if we aren't more than 4 or 5 pts adrift by christmas we can still get enough points in the second half of the season to stay up. Its not ideal, but with a completely new squad, it was always going to take time for Sherwood to work out his best team, and tactics and for the team to gel. Ok he tried something different saturday to get the service to Gestede but it backfired. Hopefully he learns from that and actually gets back to the formation we had at Leicester when we played so well first half.

Have a feeling that when or if we do fire Sherwood, we will go for Brendan Rodgers, which would make me cry. 

Might sound stupid, but I really think our board should make contact with Klopp, he said he did not want a top team and wanted a challenge, he is definantly interested in coming to England, worst case scenario he says no. 

Yes it sounds extremely stupid 

Â