The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think they'll pull the trigger after Swansea. No expectation of anything at Chelsea but if the away fans turn there and we don't get anything v Swansea I'd expect him to be gone

Nope. A mite too early. He'll have until Everton in November, methinks. 

Genuine question, those who want Sherwood gone, how many points would it take to from the next five daunting games (Chelsea, Swansea, Spurs, Man City and Everton) to give him a stay of execution? 

6 or 7 points? Or are you past that and of the opinion that we could get 5 decent results and you'd still want him gone?

A very good question. Given those games 5 points would be enough for me to buy him extra time, even 4 would be a reasonable return. 

Unfortunately even that number of points is likely to leave us a long way adrift which is why I think we need to act now.

I think if we aren't more than 4 or 5 pts adrift by christmas we can still get enough points in the second half of the season to stay up. Its not ideal, but with a completely new squad, it was always going to take time for Sherwood to work out his best team, and tactics and for the team to gel. Ok he tried something different saturday to get the service to Gestede but it backfired. Hopefully he learns from that and actually gets back to the formation we had at Leicester when we played so well first half.

Except he doesn't seem to be learning or accepting he's making any mistakes. It may be the case he's slowing learning the job but were not in the position to be taking risks like that.

I don't think that's true at all. Losing these games doesn't mean he or the team aren't learning. That's not how learning always works. Learning can be holistic and cyclical. There's no doubt the team is getting better. You don't think Sherwood has anything to do with that?

The team is getting better? Oh yes dropping Gil and Grealish to the bench and making Hutton our creative outlet is a masterstroke from Sherwood.

not sure blunderland is attractive to Fat Sam.  Would have thought they'll go for Pearson

Real issue with Sherwood is we are down already,  he has done the damage and we wont come back from this.  In many respects for me appointing a new manager now is not about this season it's about next and trying to put something together to mount a serious promotion challenge to get us back at the first hurdle.  For a manager to come in and really assess what he has ,  talk to them and see who wants to stay,  target who he needs next season and get us out of the championship.

• Like 1

I think they'll pull the trigger after Swansea. No expectation of anything at Chelsea but if the away fans turn there and we don't get anything v Swansea I'd expect him to be gone

Nope. A mite too early. He'll have until Everton in November, methinks. 

I can see one massive dollop of irony on the horizon -  Spurs away after we've lost heavily is when he will get the chop. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

not sure blunderland is attractive to Fat Sam.  Would have thought they'll go for Pearson

Real issue with Sherwood is we are down already,  he has done the damage and we wont come back from this.  In many respects for me appointing a new manager now is not about this season it's about next and trying to put something together to mount a serious promotion challenge to get us back at the first hurdle.  For a manager to come in and really assess what he has ,  talk to them and see who wants to stay,  target who he needs next season and get us out of the championship.

I don't think we are done but some serious changes need to be made asap. I feel the one thing that were missing is a proper goal scorer, I just don't understand his plan with Gestede he's not good enough to replicate what Benteke did for us and even then we only just survived.

Genuine question, those who want Sherwood gone, how many points would it take to from the next five daunting games (Chelsea, Swansea, Spurs, Man City and Everton) to give him a stay of execution? 

6 or 7 points? Or are you past that and of the opinion that we could get 5 decent results and you'd still want him gone?

A very good question. Given those games 5 points would be enough for me to buy him extra time, even 4 would be a reasonable return. 

Unfortunately even that number of points is likely to leave us a long way adrift which is why I think we need to act now.

I think if we aren't more than 4 or 5 pts adrift by christmas we can still get enough points in the second half of the season to stay up. Its not ideal, but with a completely new squad, it was always going to take time for Sherwood to work out his best team, and tactics and for the team to gel. Ok he tried something different saturday to get the service to Gestede but it backfired. Hopefully he learns from that and actually gets back to the formation we had at Leicester when we played so well first half.

Except he doesn't seem to be learning or accepting he's making any mistakes. It may be the case he's slowing learning the job but were not in the position to be taking risks like that.

I don't think that's true at all. Losing these games doesn't mean he or the team aren't learning. That's not how learning always works. Learning can be holistic and cyclical. There's no doubt the team is getting better. You don't think Sherwood has anything to do with that?

The team is getting better? Oh yes dropping Gil and Grealish to the bench and making Hutton our creative outlet is a masterstroke from Sherwood.

It should have been Amavi but teams have  sussed out he's the one player that can cross the ball.

I think our squad of players is better than at least 3 teams in this league, the issue is the man leading them. So whilst I agree that we are heading down as it stands, I can't agree that the damage has already been done. The longer Tim remains at the helm however, the harder it will be to turn around for the new Manager.

'Premier League experience' has been the prerequisite for every single manager hired in the Lerner era. I don't get why everyone is still so hung up on it.

Lambert had 12 months, experience and Sherwood had 10 games, hardly a lot of premiership experience if you ask me

The team line up on Saturday suggests he's lost confidence in himself and when that happens to a manager like Sherwood its time to get rid. Its harsh treatment but he's turned out to be a confidence manager and that is always short lived.

Edited by jasoncb

You can read. Yep, utterly no question. Does that mean we should keep Sherwood forever? No. Does that mean we are guaranteed to win our next three games? No. Does that mean I am happy with Sherwood or agree with his subs? No. And no. 

But yes, I stand by my remark, and I doubt I'm alone in seeing the improvements. 

already one win won't take us out of the bottom three. With the next set of fixtures we have upcoming that gap will widen and to be honest after the next 7 games I would be amazed if we are on double points in the league.  By then we will be adrift and having to basically have top four or five form for the second half of the season.  There is no way we will produce that,  there's no fightin them and most of them aren't used to this league let alone a relegation battle.  Accept it, it makes it easier

But yes, I stand by my remark, and I doubt I'm alone in seeing the improvements. 

I bet you are.

We're getting worse!

• Like 1

You can read. Yep, utterly no question. Does that mean we should keep Sherwood forever? No. Does that mean we are guaranteed to win our next three games? No. Does that mean I am happy with Sherwood or agree with his subs? No. And no. 

Then please elaborate how the team is getting better, did you even watch the stoke game?

Â