The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I honestly think were well and truly done foe why does heswap all the quality players but leaves the s**t players example being when fit lescott westwood gabby do nothing right but play all the time then you have grealish and gil and they are bench as paul merson said on soccer saturday hard work wins you nothing you need quality. Tim you thick poor excuse for a human use your flair players and bloody attack the opposition.

hahaha, I've just read Sherwood saying the team were boring and lacked creativity.... Well what did he expect when he played 5 at the back and left Gil and Grealish on the bench? The guy is a bit of an idiot isn't he? 

• Like 3

I remember after Sherwood got sacked by Spurs he was doing some punditry on ITV4 on the Europa League. He came across utterly clueless with his opinions on certain players etc. I put that to the back of my mind after what he did end of last season but now it's more in my mind than ever!

Today's defeat was most definitely down to the manager. Starting the game with Amavi and Hutton as wingbacks allowed Stoke to run in behind time and time again in the first half. Instead of looking to take the game to Stoke as we were the home team he set us up to contain them which backfired. By starting with the 3 CB's we lost a sub having to rectify the mistake at half time and the 3 in the middle were all to similar in positioning and we were too slow to move into space and spread the play. The team that finished the game should have been the team that started imo.

Sherwood needs to start showing faith in players like Ayew, Gil, Grealish and Traore when fit and get them in the team. At least two or three of them at a time because without them we are up shit creek without a paddle.

I want all managers at Villa to succeed and believe Sherwood deserves time, but watching him morph into Lambert with his cautiousness in approach to games, with the formation and line up's, well it's becoming harder to back him. I really think the players we have this season are more than capable of getting us to mid table but at the moment he is crushing us and himself with his decision making. 

Dont get him at all, was actually little bit confident with him at first.  Young, english manager and could have built a real future for the club but now....playing 5 defenders at home against stoke??? they hardly world beaters.  Leaving gill and grealish on the bench is a joke.  right from kick off looked like we were going for a draw.  Butland had made the most saves of any keeper before playing us, how many did he have to attempt to save.

Didnt sherwood say last season we wouldnt be in a relegation scrap if he had more time?  Well F**k me, youve had plenty of time and spend some cash and we are worse off at the moment.

hahaha, I've just read Sherwood saying the team were boring and lacked creativity.... Well what did he expect when he played 5 at the back and left Gil and Grealish on the bench? The guy is a bit of an idiot isn't he? 

Grade A stroker is what he is.

• Like 1

I simply can't comprehend what anyone is seeing from the man that makes them think he deserves more time or that things will improve if he is given it.

Our highest paid manager ever, he is stealing a living.

and he's still being paid by Spurs as well isn't he ?

stealing a living twice 

So he wanted players to take on a man yet Grealish / Traore /Gill damn it even Cole did not figure instead he played  3 centre backs against a team with one bloody striker !!!

Gestede had no service from wide , Sinclair had no balls played to him and no support.The team was all over the place they had no idea what they were supposed to do.

I simply can't comprehend what anyone is seeing from the man that makes them think he deserves more time or that things will improve if he is given it.

Who are all these people crying for more time for Tim? Not seeing them.

Take a look at the poll.

You say, "I simply can't comprehend what anyone is seeing from the man that makes them think he deserves more time or that things will improve if he is given it." But your poll asks, "Should Sherwood be sacked." You've conflated a matter of personal disdain for the man with whether or not it would be a smart move to dump him. (You obviously hate Sherwood -- you have told us all how you want to do violence to the man's face. 

)Believe it or not, a sizable minority of Villa fans like me don't think he either "deserves" time or that things will magically "improve" if he is given time, but also don't feel it's a right moment, strategically, to sack him. That may change, in a matter of hours or weeks. That doesn't mean we approve of his management at the moment, or that we feel he has earned anything other than a modicum of the same kind of respect we would accord any Villa manager.

• Like 4

I'd give him to Christmas, if we're still in the bottom three at that point then maybe it would be time to make the call. Sacking him now would be the wrong decision IMO.

Even after today's result, he still has my full support.

Edited by Supervillan78

He needs to come out fighting, showing some passion and leadership. I was expecting him to be up for this game, contesting decisions on the sideline, encouraging players to be positive, but there was simply no urgency from him and the team. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

He's like a really bad car mechanic. He tinkers with the few things that are working and buggers them up, whilst ignoring those big noises that go "thunk" every time you drive it.

• Like 1

Â