The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Some of the comments in here are a little embarrassing to be honest.

In what way?

People are rightfully pissed off at the worst manager (tactically) we've had, maybe ever.

Well thats debateable? an improvement on previous 2 regimes which had no tactics. Packing your defense is not a tactic

Literally the only reason I can think of not to sack him is I wouldn't want him getting the pay off.

He isn't better than Lambert and I don't care if anyone replies with "Oh how easily people forget". Lambert needed to go but Sherwood needs to go even quicker.

• Like 1

In what way?

People are rightfully pissed off at the worst manager (tactically) we've had, maybe ever.

Well thats debateable? an improvement on previous 2 regimes which had no tactics. Packing your defense is not a tactic

Literally the only reason I can think of not to sack him is I wouldn't want him getting the pay off.

He isn't better than Lambert and I don't care if anyone replies with "Oh how easily people forget". Lambert needed to go but Sherwood needs to go even quicker.

Lambert stripped the club of its pride and made us a joke in the football world. We had 2 spells last season of more than 5 games without a goal. Lambert is possibly the worst manager in Aston VIlla history

Look at the records he broke :(

If he's lost the players then surely that has to be it.

Why do you think he has lost the players?

I can't remember the exact quote but I think Trent hinted at something along those lines.

In what way?

Lambert stripped the club of its pride and made us a joke in the football world. We had 2 spells last season of more than 5 games without a goal. Lambert is possibly the worst manager in Aston VIlla history

Look at the records he broke :(

Agreed, look at us now though. Any better? I don't think so.

I'm not saying Lambert is better, I'm saying they are equally as bad and given time Sherwood will break the worst record of all which will be our time spent in the top flight.

I have to say when I think to Villa managers who gave me some of the most embarrasing defeats and moments as a Villa fan Lambert wins that one by a total landslide.

Just think of all the woeful results we had in his tenure, year in year out. I guess Sherwood is going the same way and of course 1 point from 7 games is Lambert esque but the bizarre thing is every single defeat has been by one goal so the games have still felt reasonably close.

Not quite the 15 goals of Christmas Lambert was serving up.

I have to say when I think to Villa managers who gave me some of the most embarrasing defeats and moments as a Villa fan Lambert wins that one by a total landslide.

Just think of all the woeful results we had in his tenure, year in year out. I guess Sherwood is going the same way and of course 1 point from 7 games is Lambert esque but the bizarre thing is every single defeat has been by one goal so the games have still felt reasonably close.

Not quite the 15 goals of Christmas Lambert was serving up.

No, Lambert completely lost the plot towards the end. However Sherwood's defeats, even by 1 goal, are still pretty bad. We look set for defeat every single game. The scoreline is irrelevant. 

I honestly feel like saying **** it. Wrong managers, wrong owner, wrong staff. Whilst the owner stays we won't move forward, the fact we choose such shit managers sums the club up as a whole. They can all **** off, esoecially the count with the tattoo. 

Lambert is better than Sherwood will ever be for bringing Benteke to the club.

Joy to watch in a really shit 3 seasons.

I think that's a bit simplistic.  Though at least in general when things were at their lowest with Lambert, we managed to regather and put a run together (except right at the end), I'm not sure whether Sherwood is capable of pulling it off.

Â