The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

On the one hand I would like him to be given time, we've had quite a few injuries - I don't think the fact that he has never been able to choose from a fully-fit squad should go unnoticed.

But on the other hand he just looks completely clueless at times, I think I've yet to see us win a league game under him that we've gone behind in. His substitutions (or sometimes lack of them) are baffling. 

The big question is will he improve?

Oh dear, this isn't looking good for Timmy. I always thought that the cockney bravado and random sound bites were fine (if a little laughable) when we're winning (or just avoiding relegation) but when the poop hits the turbine, that big talk doesn't cut the mustard. Win some games Tim, or we're screwed and so are you. 

I actually barely care anymore. We are always shit. We are one of the worst teams in Europe. We deserve to go down. If I didn't support Villa I'd love us to go down. We are dreadful and are an embarrassment to the league.

I actually barely care anymore. We are always shit. We are one of the worst teams in Europe. We deserve to go down. If I didn't support Villa I'd love us to go down. We are dreadful and are an embarrassment to the league.

Historically speaking, we aren't always shit, and we're certainly not one of the worst teams in Europe. It's embarrassing being in the position that we're in, but there's still a lot of games ahead and it's too early to say, "we're going down." That is not written in the stars.

Edited by Plastic Man

Sherwood was the right man for the keep uppy job last season, but Fox should have sat down with a list of other managers instead of just handing the keys over to Sherwood. In retrospect, Fox looks foolish for doing that. Were any managers interviewed? Crazy that TS just got the full time gig automatically. 

If Fox has balls and lack of ego, he'll cut Sherwood loose this week and try to salvage what is quite clearly a total calamity at Villa Park.

Can it get any lower? We actually have better players now, but the manager DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's embarrassing being in the position that we're in, but there's still a lot of games ahead and it's too early to say, "we're going down." That is not written in the stars.

While it's true that nothing is set in stone yet, we can make predictions using available evidence. Given our current run of form against teams that we would expect to do better against, it's not unreasonable to expect that we will therefore fail to perform against teams that we would normally expect to do badly against. Look at our forthcoming fixtures - do you really expect us to get many points out of them? It's possible - perhaps even likely - that by the beginning of December we could be firmly adrift - and that's a cautious statement based on the possibility that other teams around us will also do badly. So while, strictly speaking, it's too early to say definitively that we'll be relegated, it's certainly not too early to say that based on our current form we probably will.

I'd give him to Christmas, if we're still in the bottom three at that point then maybe it would be time to make the call. Sacking him now would be the wrong decision IMO.

Even after today's result, he still has my full support.

Will be too late then. We need to act now. We're already 4 pts behind 17th and if we wait until christmas i reckon we will be too far behind.

• Like 2

The knives are out on Heroes and Villains too, BTW

If he is still here for Chelsea and we lose 4-0, will that seal it?

Sherwood, out.

And Lerner can **** off too.

Honestly, this surprises me, Maq. I always think of you as one of the more level-headed cats around here, so if Sherwood's lost you, well, that ain't good. 

Call me a pollyanna, but I still think people need to get a grip. Sherwood's had a rough start, but he's still not remotely close to the worst in the annals of loser managers at AVFC. Not even close. 

I don't think Lerner or Fox give a flying fugg about what we fans think, not when it comes to the the bottom line.

What WILL make them move is bad press. If Sherwood gets serious heat in the Birmingham or national press, he's gone.

Lerner doesn't like bad press. 

• Like 1

Lerner only factors in the equation because he's the owner. I seriously doubt if he even knows who we are playing next. He's been tuned out for years now. 

Fox is the lead man, and if he's as savvy as people on here have given him credit for being, he'll be ruthless now and drop the hammer. 

The press has little to do with it, IMO. Most of them don't know WTF they're talking about.

It's about results, and Sherwood is not only not getting them, he is quite clearly the primary hindrance to getting them.

But at the end of the day, all eyes must fix on Lerner, who really didn't spend much at all this summer to improve a struggling side who narrowly avoided relegation. 

We could have strengthened the team to a degree that would have put less pressure on individual players and even the manager, but he didn't.

So we are where we are. A team with enough talent to be mid table, scuffing along in 18th place like donkeys being led by a manager who is way out of his depth. 

Change is needed, and now. November is not far off, and we are well adrift.

• Like 3

Time to go now timmy. We actually have better players now and we're worse off. Paul lambert with £50m would of done a better job. Too many changes of players and formations. It's never going to work. All for his ego so when he gets a win with a change of formation, everyone sucks him off. Please go away now

• Like 3

Call me a pollyanna, but I still think people need to get a grip. Sherwood's had a rough start, but he's still not remotely close to the worst in the annals of loser managers at AVFC. Not even close. 

I don't think Lerner or Fox give a flying fugg about what we fans think, not when it comes to the the bottom line.

What WILL make them move is bad press. If Sherwood gets serious heat in the Birmingham or national press, he's gone.

Lerner doesn't like bad press. 

Two weeks ago I was in the 'give him time' camp, but there is not one inkling that he has a clue how he is going to dig us out of this. He has to go this week.

The scariest bit is the different playing style every 45 minutes, closely followed by the contradictory substitutions. Yesterday was the last straw with his mega-defensive set up. This is the opposite of what brought early success when he arrived, and surely what he stands for. He's lost it.

Time for an old head not another experiment. Most realistically it Moyes, if he can be persuaded, but why would he come?

We are in a mess .  We will get relegated, mist of the squad will leave and we will have to rebuild again, I can see us going lower still and doing a Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday or Coventry 

The ramifications are dire, that is why this is no time to **** about. Sack the incredibly underachieving manager. It's been done a thousand times before, so why not now.

Â