The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

How can you expect him to know his best team with so many signings! I didn't like the team selection today but the players that kept of us last season. Namely, Benteke, Delph and Cleverley have gone and the players that have come in and replaced them aren't anywhere near the same level yet. We were going down last season before Sherwood came so its no surprise we are struggling now without those players.

This is a really poor excuse - we could never replace Benteke with an equivalent but generally the overwhelming opinion is that we have a much more balanced squad and many many more options.  We can't afford to become cut adrift whilst Tactics Tim "finds his best XI" (he won't). 

Fox either acts now or we will be dead and buried by December. 

My guess is that we will see him go after the next two or three games.

Chelsea will hammer us

We might have more options but they many of them are new to the Premier League and are not fit enough as Sherwood pointed out in his post match interview. Look at the energy that Cleverley and Delph brought to the team and compare that to what we had today. I don't know if Sherwood is right for the job but he deserves to be given more time having kept up up last season and bought in so many players.

No that's just wrong.  If he thought he would have trouble embedding so many foreign players then he should have bought some more experienced British players. It was his choice

if we give him more time the situation will be irrecoverable

time to go Tim 

How can you expect him to know his best team with so many signings! I didn't like the team selection today but the players that kept of us last season. Namely, Benteke, Delph and Cleverley have gone and the players that have come in and replaced them aren't anywhere near the same level yet. We were going down last season before Sherwood came so its no surprise we are struggling now without those players.

This is a really poor excuse - we could never replace Benteke with an equivalent but generally the overwhelming opinion is that we have a much more balanced squad and many many more options.  We can't afford to become cut adrift whilst Tactics Tim "finds his best XI" (he won't). 

Fox either acts now or we will be dead and buried by December. 

My guess is that we will see him go after the next two or three games.

Chelsea will hammer us

We might have more options but they many of them are new to the Premier League and are not fit enough as Sherwood pointed out in his post match interview. Look at the energy that Cleverley and Delph brought to the team and compare that to what we had today. I don't know if Sherwood is right for the job but he deserves to be given more time having kept up up last season and bought in so many players.

We are a couple of months into the season now mate, is Sherwood not accountable for his team not being fit enough?

How any manager can turn around and say his side is still having fitness issues less than 10 games into a season after a full preseason is mind boggling

The bloke is a clown who has ran out of excuses and is out of his depth

The sooner he goes the better

They can be as fit as they want but if Sherwood keeps putting teams out like the one he did today then they don't stand a chance.

Picking the players like Gil who can keep the ball and pass it helps when it comes to fatigue.  I think for most of the game we had about 40-odd% possession, at home, until the latter stages when our better ball players came on and we finished in the mid-50s.  By all means replace them after 70 minutes for fresh legs once they've done their stuff, but doing it the other way round is counter-intuitive and just gives confidence to the opposition that they are better than us.

• Like 1

Currently all the promoted clubs are out performing us. That is a disgrace in itself and I have lost all interest in AVFC under Lerner and hope we get relegated as it will be exactly what we deserve.

------------Guzan-----------

Hutton-Richards-Clark-Amavi

-------------Sanchez---------

-------Veretout-----Gana----

-----------------Gil------------

----------Ayew-----Gestede--

Picks itself for me. Grealish as impact sub.

• Like 1

Currently all the promoted clubs are out performing us. That is a disgrace in itself and I have lost all interest in AVFC under Lerner and hope we get relegated as it will be exactly what we deserve.

in fairness newly promoted teams usually make solid starts, wouldnt expect that to continue in next few weeks and all 3 to drop further down

We couldn't have asked for a better start to the season in terms of fixtures, yet we've somehow still managed to have one our all time worst starts to a season. That says it all to me.

• Like 1

The only plus side of us getting relegated is that all of Lerner's penny pinching will be for nothing and he can kiss goodbye to getting his money back. Saying that though we'll never get rid of the useless prat so probably not even a plus.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

hope we get relegated 

Seriously what the ****? I agree the club deserves it but really?

I'm getting to that point i must admit

The apathy is turning into hate i'm starting to hate my own football club thanks Lerner

hope we get relegated 

Seriously what the ****? I agree the club deserves it but really?

I'm getting to that point i must admit

The apathy is turning into hate i'm starting to hate my own football club thanks Lerner

Fair enough lads I often feel that way. But surely hoping for relegation is too much

Relegation would be a footballing disaster, for a start it would probably mean we'd be stuck with Lerner for even longer.

Yeah but the sadistic part of me would be happy that the prat will be losing money and him putting us through years of shit would be for nothing.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

Â