The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Other reasons for not sacking him:

1) His staff might have to go too, with pay-offs. 

2) It might cost us compensation to get a replacement. 

3) These are mostly Sherwood's players. Another gaffer might not be able to work with them or vice versa. 

If we get relegated the pay-offs and compensation will look like peanuts and we will have a massive net gain. 

A good manager should be able to get more out of these players.  I wouldn't worry about any notions of loyalty, these are modern day footballers we are talking about.

I agree if we haven't won after the Swansea game Fox will pull the plug. Unlike Faulkner previous, Fox knows the game and will not want to be the guy to relegate Villa, so I think he will know sooner the better. Fox don't seem the sort of chap to be sentimentel

• Like 1

Not sure how reliable Moxley is but..

Neil Moxley @Neil_Moxley 16m16 minutes ago

A lot of negativity towards #Avfc on here this morning. Situation not helped as they've not fared well against teams around them.

Deserved defeat to #Wba and one moment of true quality against #bcfc. Seems like the lessons of history aren't being learnt.

Muddled transfer policy added to inexperienced boss is recipe for disaster.

Personally, I quite like Sherwood. But he can't have it both ways. He had two months to weigh up the players last season.

And a blank sheet of paper with cash to spend. Most sane observers would have concluded a plan was needed in case of Benteke's exit.

And if they werent his signings he should have said so. It would have forced issue into the open. As it is, it's open season on him.

Point in bold is especially interesting.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

We'll be bottom of the league in two weeks.

Its a bloody miracle we aren't there now. We probably should be, that win at Bournemouth was bloody lucky. We've been awful all season, game after game.

Of course or could all be part of Sherwood's plan to play badly for the first half of the season and lull the league into a false sense of security...

• Like 4

Not sure how reputable Moxley is but..

A lot of negativity towards #Avfc on here this morning. Situation not helped as they've not fared well against teams around them.

Deserved defeat to #Wba and one moment of true quality against #bcfc. Seems like the lessons of history aren't being learnt.

Personally, I quite like Sherwood. But he can't have it both ways. He had two months to weigh up the players last season.

And a blank sheet of paper with cash to spend. Most sane observers would have concluded a plan was needed in case of Benteke's exit.

And if they werent his signings he should have said so. It would have forced issue into the open. As it is, it's open season on him.

Bolded point is especially interesting.

He did say so.  He said he had the final say on signings

Signings were probably Paddy Reilly's and Almstadt's, which makes me wonder if Allardyce would come and work in those conditions. If that's the route we're going down then it might be another reason to go for a foreign coach who's more used to that kind of set up.

I'd be surprised and shocked if he isn't sacked.

If he hasn't sacked when? he'll certainly be sacked one day but that day won't be before our next home game. Not a chance. Defeat at Chelsea and failure to beat Swansea and I would then say his job is in serious danger but even then if I had to bet on it I would wager that he wouldn't be shown the door at that stage.

Personally I think he has lost the fans already. Only grumblings around the ground at the moment but nobody I have spoken to recently thinks he can rescue what it fast becoming an emergency situation. It is therefore imo only a matter of time before anger at incompetency takes over and Sherwood feels the full force of the fans frustrations.

I as I think most people expected things to take time and still do to an extent with the new signings, but the manner of the defeats and decisions being made are alarming.I also think things are starting to filter onto the players in their individual performances and that is never a good thing.  

• Like 1

Surprised if he isn't sacked by the end of this coming week, not to mention extremely disappointed.

Would you really be.  There hasnt been one person on here who has wanted rid of Sherwood more than me but id be surprised if he is sacked before the next 3 games min

Surprised if he isn't sacked by the end of this coming week, not to mention extremely disappointed.

I think come next Sunday then you'll have the look of a small boy at Christmas who expected a bike and opened his presents to find the big man with the beard and red coat had left him a tangerine and a pair of socks.

Not sure how reliable Moxley is but..

Point in bold is especially interesting.

The Guardian ran a piece a few months back detailing the transfer teams at each club.

Ours is a committee of sorts, Reilly, Sherwood and somebody else who's name escapes me. But Said Sherwood had the final say. He confirmed as much in one of his interviews as well

• Like 1

Â