The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

How can you expect him to know his best team with so many signings! I didn't like the team selection today but the players that kept of us last season. Namely, Benteke, Delph and Cleverley have gone and the players that have come in and replaced them aren't anywhere near the same level yet. We were going down last season before Sherwood came so its no surprise we are struggling now without those players.

This is a really poor excuse - we could never replace Benteke with an equivalent but generally the overwhelming opinion is that we have a much more balanced squad and many many more options.  We can't afford to become cut adrift whilst Tactics Tim "finds his best XI" (he won't). 

Fox either acts now or we will be dead and buried by December. 

My guess is that we will see him go after the next two or three games.

Chelsea will hammer us

We might have more options but they many of them are new to the Premier League and are not fit enough as Sherwood pointed out in his post match interview. Look at the energy that Cleverley and Delph brought to the team and compare that to what we had today. I don't know if Sherwood is right for the job but he deserves to be given more time having kept up up last season and bought in so many players.

Not having a dig at you in anyway but I simply cannot comprehend why people think he deserves to be given more time.

His performance in the job is appalling irrespective of keeping us up last season.

He is currently being out performed by the Bournemouth manager who has lost arguably his three best players to injury already this season.

His tactics are woeful, his ability to organise a defence seemingly non existent while his interview border on the farcical.

He is out of his depth and a walking cliche who believes the BS that comes out of his mouth.

This man is an ass clown and he is taking us down.

He doesn't deserve       time just because  he kept up  season. 

Yes well Eddie Howe has done a brilliant job at Bournemouth. I agree Sherwood has made mistakes but I still think its too soon to get rid of him. 

If we sack him we'll only end up with Wilkins in charge and the same average players 

but he's probably only got 3 or 4 games left of he doesn't pickup a win 

Hahah! Look at our fixtures! How is this possibly going to improve?

The PL is going to lose the three arrogant, mismanaged "Giants" and frankly everyone is going to be laughing. 

If relegation means we will see the back of Lerner and can build again i'm 100% for it

He can't sell us as a PL club no chance he would be able to flog us outside it because one thing we know is he isn't going to take a bath on the price and his investment.

If we go down we will be even more stuck with the idiot.

So turns out this guy is pretty shit then? I didn't watch it today but knew what would happen as soon as I saw the team. No creativity and 3 midfield players who pretty much do the same thing.  Asking for trouble.

• Like 1

How can you expect him to know his best team with so many signings! I didn't like the team selection today but the players that kept of us last season. Namely, Benteke, Delph and Cleverley have gone and the players that have come in and replaced them aren't anywhere near the same level yet. We were going down last season before Sherwood came so its no surprise we are struggling now without those players.

This is a really poor excuse - we could never replace Benteke with an equivalent but generally the overwhelming opinion is that we have a much more balanced squad and many many more options.  We can't afford to become cut adrift whilst Tactics Tim "finds his best XI" (he won't). 

Chelsea will hammer us

We might have more options but they many of them are new to the Premier League and are not fit enough as Sherwood pointed out in his post match interview. Look at the energy that Cleverley and Delph brought to the team and compare that to what we had today. I don't know if Sherwood is right for the job but he deserves to be given more time having kept up up last season and bought in so many players.

Not having a dig at you in anyway but I simply cannot comprehend why people think he deserves to be given more time.

His performance in the job is appalling irrespective of keeping us up last season.

He is currently being out performed by the Bournemouth manager who has lost arguably his three best players to injury already this season.

His tactics are woeful, his ability to organise a defence seemingly non existent while his interview border on the farcical.

He is out of his depth and a walking cliche who believes the BS that comes out of his mouth.

Yes well Eddie Howe has done a brilliant job at Bournemouth. I agree Sherwood has made mistakes but I still think its too soon to get rid of him. 

Chelsea will hammer us

we can't wait!!!! I'm not a fan of sacking managers this early but it's very very clear Tim Sherwood is out of his depth. Christmas will be to late I really believe we will be totally adrift 

Give him to Christmas!

zYcT3E5.gif

I'm finding it hard to look at his face without wanting to damage it.

I think it's probably very safe to say a few of the players are starting to think he is a clown as well.

It didn't take the Spurs plays long to suss him out. I have no doubt most of squad already see through all his bluster and bullshit.

• Like 1

I wanted to like Tim but thought all along there was a danger in having him as manager; we all knew this was going to be a problem. There have been many similar managers to fall short in the PL, thinking of people like Keegan, Zola, Di Canio...you just can't learn experience in the PL.

We're now a joke and everybody wants to see us relegated once and for all...the longer this joker is in our employment the sooner that will be.

Wary of dipping my toe into this thread as I am already on enough of a downer after a couple of hours down Villa Park.

I feel like I go slightly against the grain as a Villa fan on here at the moment. I don't have the passionate anti Sherwood feeling that it seems many on here do. I am gutted about how we have started the season and looking solely at today's game really disappointed in the manager. Not that I actually think over the 90 mins we deserved to lose. Both sides were poor in fairness I just think we didn't try to win. It reminded me very much of a Paul Lambert team in the last year he was here. We started the game both in personnel and formation more concerned with stifling the opposition rather than hurting them. This against Stoke. It wasn't due to a lack of personnel and necessity as we had three very attacking players on the bench, this was a choice.

What made Sherwood so refreshing when he arrived, well to me at least, was his up and at em attitude, his willingness to have a real go. He has lost some of that and for me the worry is now he has made that compromise is what does he have left. If after only seven games into the season at home against a side one place above you,  you have already become far more concerned with losing, or even scared, rather than going all out to win, then you are in big trouble and we now clearly are.

I just watched his post match interview on the BBC and fair play to him he took responsibility for the result and acknowledged we were not good enough. I unlike others on here quite like the cut of his jib but really in the grand scheme of things whether you like him or loath him his personality matters little. It is results that count and results that he should be judged on and based on that he is currently failing and failing badly.

I said this week I am not fussed if Sherwood stays or goes but I think 7 games is too early to judge him with his own squad. I obviously still think that 8 games is too early but many more games like this and I will have to take those splinters out my arse, get off the fence, and join the out mob.

The problem is the games coming up look more difficult that the ones we have had so far in which we have cobbled together a measly 4 points.

I don't think the issue is purely this season , the way we ended last season inc the cup final showed the issues with his managerial ability but TS talked the talk of a preseason and his own players and yet here we are and despite a squad full of his own players and his own back room staff we are still useless,

• Like 1

I simply can't comprehend what anyone is seeing from the man that makes them think he deserves more time or that things will improve if he is given it.

Our highest paid manager ever, he is stealing a living.

Please tell me that isn't true.

Â