The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

And the Sherwood "jokes" are horse shit as well - lets save the Chuck Norris comparisons for when he's kept us in the league and won the FA Cup shall we?

Edited by Eames
  • Like 2

You're not my choice I doubt your credentials I dont think you'll be here long term and we still have major issues at the club, but good luck.  I hope you win us the cup and keep us up then we go on a winning run that takes us to the top four and beyond

You have a point to prove to a few people and I hope that spurs (!) you on

Time to change profile picture possibly?

Now I'm just waiting for the day when I can change mine.

• Like 3

The fact that he want his players to play with more freedom is a big plus in my eyes, makes games more fun to watch.

Until we get a Kevin McDonald Newcstle style spanking.

Sherwood Out!

That game was the only game that has ever affected me so much i had to write to the club in disgust

Seriously! You been asleep for the last few seasons?  :)

Edited by pacbuddies

Can see him having an instant impact as the club has been crying out for someone like him to give everyone a kick up the arse but in the long term I have major doubts. Not just about his managerial skills but also about how he will react when the going gets tough or he starts gettin messed around by Lerner.

• Like 1

I can honestly see, with the win this weekend and the new manager bounce, etc, a great result this weekend against Stoke.

I don't mean 1-0.. I mean a thumping, with tekkers back on form. 

Called it.

Edited by Sam3773

What matters is Premier League-experience, not what people have done in League 1 and the Championship. Tons of managers have done brilliantly in the lower leagues, then they have been found out in the Premier League. It's down to finances and the gap being too big, but it's also about charisma, smartness and the ability to find the right players. Sherwood has experience from Tottenham/Blackburn as a player, as well as being the manager for Tottenham for a short while.

I wouldn't call Sherwood inexperienced and Lambert experienced to separate the two fellows (I don't count the Colchester and Norwich-years as huge, beneficial experiences to be honest). Both are inexperienced, Lambert failed, let's hope Sherwood does not.

Edited by Papillon
  • Like 2

Until we get a Kevin McDonald Newcstle style spanking.

That game was the only game that has ever affected me so much i had to write to the club in disgust

Seriously! You been asleep for the last few seasons?  :)

Maybe, after all I was still finding a reason to keep faith with Lambert about a week ago. Maybe my passion died when they didnt implement the plan in my letter immediately? :)

I can see Sherwood really struggling and us getting relegated.  Starting with a loss to Stoke on Saturday.

Sorry it was getting way too positive on here.

His media love in has certainly started. The amount of coverage SSN are giving us and Sherwood is unheard of! Every 15 minutes they're showing clips of his interview, and talking about us, just hope he can deliver.

I believe he will add the fire to the bellies of the players and steer us clear of relegation, long term though, i just don't know. Will be interesting to see what sort of players come in the summer, whether they're his pick, Paddy Riley's pick, or the Director of Football Operations pick.

He will get us scoring more goals, that's for sure. Well we couldn't score less could we?!

Welcome Tim.

• Like 1

What matters is Premier League-experience, not what people have done in League 1 and the Championship. Tons of managers have done brilliantly in the lower leagues, then they have been found out in the Premier League. It's down to finances and the gap being too big, but it's also about charisma, smartness and the ability to find the right players. Sherwood has experience from Tottenham/Blackburn as a player, as well as being the manager for Tottenham for a short while.

I wouldn't call Sherwood inexperienced and Lambert experienced to separate the two fellows (I don't count the Colchester and Norwich-years as huge, beneficial experiences to be honest). Both are inexperienced, Lambert failed, let's hope Sherwood does not.

I really don't think Premier league experience is that necessary. If you look at the managers of Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Southampton and Arsenal (who are the current top 5 in the division) none of their managers had Premier League managerial experience before they first joined their respective clubs.

What matters the most is that they are competent at what they do. There have been plenty of managers over the years with Premier League experience who have been utter gash (we had a couple) and so for me I don't care where they come from.

Now, Tim Sherwood might not have the required Premier League experience (his short stint as caretaker at spuds doesn't really qualify him) but if he is competent at what he does (and only time will tell) then that should be acceptable.

I agree with the premier league experience thing, but Mourinho ad Van Gaal had both won the Champions League before coming to the UK. Pellegrini had oodles of experience as did Wenger. Pochetino less so but they all had way more than 4 months of top flight experience before landing a job in the prem.

I really don't think Premier league experience is that necessary. If you look at the managers of Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Southampton and Arsenal (who are the current top 5 in the division) none of their managers had Premier League managerial experience before they first joined their respective clubs.

What matters the most is that they are competent at what they do. There have been plenty of managers over the years with Premier League experience who have been utter gash (we had a couple) and so for me I don't care where they come from.

Now, Tim Sherwood might not have the required Premier League experience (his short stint as caretaker at spuds doesn't really qualify him) but if he is competent at what he does (and only time will tell) then that should be acceptable.

I agree with the premier league experience thing, but Mourinho ad Van Gaal had both won the Champions League before coming to the UK. Pellegrini had oodles of experience as did Wenger. Pochetino less so but they all had way more than 4 months of top flight experience before landing a job in the prem.

ooops brain fart, i guess you could have used him as an example but obvs not pochetino at southampton, koeman does also have a lot more than 4 months experience in management too though...

Â