The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Think the day's of rolling over at Villa Park are over for the immediate future,get the feeling from that interview that any team that comes to Villa Park this season are in for one hell of a game.Good luck to Sherwood,lets all hope the sleeping giant stirs from his slumber.

Talks a very good game but seems genuinely confident in what he is saying. With the decent squad Lambert has created, we now have a man who seemingly can motivate that squad, which in theory should get us up the table a bit. We'll see.

Edited by samjp26

There was a bit at the start too which hinted after this season there shouldnt be any more struggle as if something may be happening in regards to a takeover.

I thought that too, I don't know if it's just wishful thinking but he did say clearly that the short term goal is obviously keeping Villa in the PL, but long term the goal is to push on... I suppose this could mean towards a mid table finish... but I'd take solid mid-table to be honest, and build from there. 

BBC WM had their own little interview with him, he said he went in at half time and told them don't be afraid to lose because if you wait for it, it will happen.

Think he saw the side was very conservative first half and didn't like it at all.

Well our first attack in the second half saw 6 players all in forward positions, completely different to the first half.

BBC WM had their own little interview with him, he said he went in at half time and told them don't be afraid to lose because if you wait for it, it will happen.

Think he saw the side was very conservative first half and didn't like it at all.

Yeah I listened to that and he's right there for sure, you have to take a few chances to win football matches and we were much better in that regard second half. 

Obviously as a Villa fan, I desperately want Sherwood to be a success. I was surprised when he got the Spurs job and very unsurprised when they ditched him at the end of the season. In my opinion, he is very very lucky to land the job with us given his huge lack of managerial experience, but he is here now and I will be getting behind him

I guess one of my issues with his appointment was that he had always been one of those guys I hated as a player (a la Savage, Wise etc) and so it's difficult to make the transition to now he is managing my team, saying that, I could'nt stand Neville when he was at MU and now I think he is easily the best pundit on TV

It will be vital that he can do what's required short term and long term. Short term, we have a decent squad who are underperforming - from what I can see Sherwood might well have the right mix of enthusiasm, confident, motivation and energy to ensure PL survival. If we do survive, the bigger job will be repeating the feat of recruiting decent players for low fees and building a squad capable of challenging towards the top of the table - we have no pointers as to whether Sherwood will be able to manage this or not

I'm hoping that the identification and recruitment of our current squad was more to do with the scouting network and less to do with Lambert alone (although given the current economic state of our club I find it hard to imagine that we have in place a comprehensive and efficient scouting network)

Hopefully the "Bright Future" is finally on the way

Will they have the whole thing again anywhere? Would love to see it. 

I'm dead excited for some reason! A little over 48 hours ago I thought the bloke was a ponce, can't get enough now!

Not whole but http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/aston-villa/9717686/sherwood-villa-move-a-no-brainer

I'm hoping that the identification and recruitment of our current squad was more to do with the scouting network and less to do with Lambert alone (although given the current economic state of our club I find it hard to imagine that we have in place a comprehensive and efficient scouting network)

I think it was much more to do with our scouting set up and people like Paddy Riley than Lambert.

So i'm not concerned one bit that our transfers will move away from trying to bring in the likes of benteke, sanchez and gill.

• Like 1

Â