The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Just being able to understand him is a huge improvement.

Steve stride just tweeted this haha

Well you say that but there may come a time that we need to get Smiley Culture in!

No chance of Smiley Culture coming in, he's dead

Yeah I know but that would have taken the edge off the gag somewhat "we might have to get Smiley Culture in if only he hadn't of stabbed himself through the heart" kind of puts a bit of a downer on it

Edited by sidcow

Well only a couple of days ago I was posting people were overdoing the negativity about appointing Sherwood.

Now I find myself thinking the optimism is a little overdone and premature !

I'm happy enough with the appointment and it could work very well for us, certainly don't have a problem with his relative lack of experience - the experienced names that really are good are locked up elsewhere, and just as we tried with Lambert I'd love us to get somewhere with a guy who is nearer the beginning than the end of his career.

If he makes it he could be our own for a long time.

I do think, however, that he IS more likely to have cock ups than, say, a Pulls in the same boat, and I hope we are patient in the same way most were with Lambert, he will in some ways be learning on the job.

In that respect, whilst it has been a fun weekend I hope fans don't suddenly overhype him as that makes such patience later less likely.

He said experience is overrated (regarding managers) Alot of his opinions are complete nonsense imo.

Garry Monk?

I think Monk will face a hard time now that Bony is gone. He carried them a lot and will be hard to replace.

Well only a couple of days ago I was posting people were overdoing the negativity about appointing Sherwood.

It probably has been a bit over board at times since the final whistle went Sunday but it's definitely nice to see a bit of optimism
  • Like 1

It probably has been a bit over board at times since the final whistle went Sunday but it's definitely nice to see a bit of optimism

It can't hurt I don't think. God knows we need it and it was really obvious in the players after half time on Sunday. Just that bit of self belief that hasn't been there this season.

Â