The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Liked what he had to say in his press conferences and interviews. Can't beat a bit of positivity!

I love the fact he obviously believes in himself as well. Strangely optimistic about the remainder of the season  :)

If you don't believe in yourself than you cannot believe in others!!!!!

• Like 1

West Brom and Swansea are my first two games. So if any of you want to punch me on the nose for being an idiot on here, look for the guy with a limp and a hunched back. That'll be Limpid, I'll be elsewhere.

COME ON VILLA!

I also don't have a limp or a hunched back. If you see someone who looks like this, please don't give the abuse many of you clearly think I deserve. They are having a hard enough time already.

Quasimodo_45.PNG

• Like 1

Personally last week the idea of bringing in Sherwood as manager was a little horrifying for reasons most have mentioned. Lack of experience being the most evident of the reasoning for most that he shouldn't get the job. Something happened though on Sunday that made me rethink my stance... What was it we really needed to avoid relegation and possible disaster in the short term?! Half time against Leicester and we had the answer.  Someone who would come here, roll their sleeves up, and get straight into the mix with a positive approach.

Now I don't necessarily think that Sherwood was the only reason we turned that game around on Sunday, however seeing him bomb down to the changing room at half time with the attitude of, "I'll sort this out", Well I just felt a little more secure about things turning out ok. And after watching our midfield spring into action in the second half and prove(even Cleverly) that they have far more in the locker than we have seen of late. I'm feeling a little more positive that we can get out of this current mess we find ourselves in.

I wanted an experienced top manager however what I wanted most is a character that has a positive influence on the club and players straight away. Now Tim maybe a little dim, a little bit of a cockney wideboy, may even rub people up the wrong way and put his foot in it from time to time. But, If he gives our players the confidence to go out and believe in themselves, play the right way without fear and we manage to turn the corner. Well I'll just have to raise a glass to Sherwood because last week we were down chaps and now we have hope again. Something I haven't had for a long time.

• Like 3

Personally last week the idea of bringing in Sherwood as manager was a little horrifying for reasons most have mentioned. Lack of experience being the most evident of the reasoning for most that he shouldn't get the job. Something happened though on Sunday that made me rethink my stance...

For you and me -- and thousands of others. That "something" that "happened" is the most hugely simple and elegant and yet most desperately difficult thing in the world -- getting a ball to go into a net on a top-level English football pitch. Millions of pounds are spent and lost in pursuing this, and we'd pretty much been unable to make it happen this year. Funny how thorough and unpredictably predictable that all is. I would guess that about 25% of the posts on this thread since the Leicester match are pretty much variations on this same theme. The truth is, nothing succeeds like success. 

(You know, I haven't smoked pot for 25 years, but I feel like my comment above is the sort of thing I would think when I was really, really, really stoned -- when "everything" suddenly became "very clear" lol)

Edited by Shifted To Neutral
  • Like 1

West Brom and Swansea are my first two games. So if any of you want to punch me on the nose for being an idiot on here, look for the guy with a limp and a hunched back. That'll be Limpid, I'll be elsewhere.

COME ON VILLA!

ITK.

A lot of the people who are against Sherwood would have wanted a "bigger name" as part of their reasoning which is often judged by media coverage as well as reputation. I don't think there are many who would have made a bigger media splash than him.

Being referred to as Sherwoods Villa in the fa cup draw for example is a reflection of how bigger news it it.

COME ON VILLA!

I also don't have a limp or a hunched back. If you see someone who looks like this, please don't give the abuse many of you clearly think I deserve. They are having a hard enough time already.

Quasimodo_45.PNG

Mom?

• Like 2

Apparently he is in attendance at the U21 game tonight.

So he should be, really.

He'll take a huge interest in the youth set up here. 

A lot of the people who are against Sherwood would have wanted a "bigger name" as part of their reasoning which is often judged by media coverage as well as reputation. I don't think there are many who would have made a bigger media splash than him.

Being referred to as Sherwoods Villa in the fa cup draw for example is a reflection of how bigger news it it.

I think he is a real media darling. He will definitely up our profile, already has, but in a positive way for a change.

COME ON VILLA!

ITK.

haha. I might see if I can do both games vrs West Brom now.

• Like 1

I think he is a real media darling. He will definitely up our profile, already has, but in a positive way for a change.

At least he won't be muttering some incomprehensible Glaswegian drivel.

I am quite looking forward to his after match interviews. I don't think he will pull too many punches or say everything is excellent and we go again even when we have played crap.

• Like 1

... At least he won't be muttering some incomprehensible Glaswegian drivel..

Harsh! I didn't like PL's management, but that seems a little brutal! And why the swipe at Glasgow?

Because it was an indecipherable Glaswegian accent

• Like 1

Â