The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Well only a couple of days ago I was posting people were overdoing the negativity about appointing Sherwood.

Now I find myself thinking the optimism is a little overdone and premature !

It probably has been a bit over board at times since the final whistle went Sunday but it's definitely nice to see a bit of optimism

It can't hurt I don't think. God knows we need it and it was really obvious in the players after half time on Sunday. Just that bit of self belief that hasn't been there this season.

Agreed. We may be getting a bit ahead of ourselves but Sherwood has undoubtedly given the club a lift, which is pretty remarkable really considering many (myself included) were quite underwhelmed with the appointment.

Well only a couple of days ago I was posting people were overdoing the negativity about appointing Sherwood.

Now I find myself thinking the optimism is a little overdone and premature !

It probably has been a bit over board at times since the final whistle went Sunday but it's definitely nice to see a bit of optimism

It can't hurt I don't think. God knows we need it and it was really obvious in the players after half time on Sunday. Just that bit of self belief that hasn't been there this season.

Agreed. We may be getting a bit ahead of ourselves but Sherwood has undoubtedly given the club a lift, which is pretty remarkable really considering many (myself included) were quite underwhelmed with the appointment.

I like Sherwood and I'm glad he's here but I think the lift is more to do with Lambert going than who we replaced him with.

Its something we've needed for a long time. Villa park was such a better place to be on Sunday.

Don't understand the hate for the optimism personally the way I see it is the clubs we are battling to stay in this league with are majorly clubs who are just happy to stay in the League. This means they can lose the odd game they shouldn't and fans will still go because they know they might just have those 19 home Premier League games for a while however a club like ours and therefore fans want to be challenging and that's why when we are in a predicament like this fans think it is unacceptable and don't bother coming giving an advantage to the other teams, it's been a pretty dreadful season since about the 5th game of the season, at least 14 games left and everyone should be behind the new manager and the players until at least the summer.

Don't understand the hate for the optimism personally the way I see it is the clubs we are battling to stay in this league with are majorly clubs who are just happy to stay in the League. This means they can lose the odd game they shouldn't and fans will still go because they know they might just have those 19 home Premier League games for a while however a club like ours and therefore fans want to be challenging and that's why when we are in a predicament like this fans think it is unacceptable and don't bother coming giving an advantage to the other teams, it's been a pretty dreadful season since about the 5th game of the season, at least 14 games left and everyone should be behind the new manager and the players until at least the summer.

You ok dude?

• Like 1

You ok dude?

Nope flu, perforated ear drum & upset tummy

I think everyone is behind him aren't they?

You would like to think so although there were an awful lot of Sherwood haters before he was appointed. After 3.5 years of McLeish and Lambert I don't understand why anyone wouldn't be behind Sherwood now.

• Like 1

I guess it depends what it you mean by "behind him"? If you mean do I hope he will do well then yes of course. I will support him at games and give him the same chance I give every Villa manager

If you mean was I behind his appointment then no. He was near the bottom of the list of managers I would like to see here and I think he is a very risky appointment. I hope he works in the short term to give us the bounce we need, but I have real doubts about the stability of the club in the longer term under his leadership

I really really hope that he makes me eat my words

Edited by VillaCas

I guess it depends what it you mean by "behind him"? If you mean do I hope he will do well then yes of course. I will support him at games and give him the same chance I give every Villa manager

If you mean was I behind his appointment then no. He was near the bottom of the list of managers I would like to see here and I think he is a very risky appointment. I hope he works in the short term to give us the bounce we need, but I have real doubts about the stability of the club in the longer term under his leadership

I meant the former.

• Like 1

You wanted to keep lambert and defended the job he was doing all the time.

And now you're worried about us?

That makes no sense to me.

I haven't felt this good since we were alphabetically top of the league earlier in the season.

It's been rough, and this is a fresh start. For once we genuinely don't know what the next game will be and I love it. At the moment, I'm optimistic and behind the boss. As me again this time next year. 

• Like 3

Unless I missed something about Lerner having a change of heart and he's decided to blow his inheritance on 7 or 8 marquee players, I'm not sure who people wanted that was a bigger and better and more motivational character than Sherwood?

We were unlikely to poach Mourinho or Pep here on the promise of a spending budget for players that they'd use to get the Lear Jet serviced.  

We have a chance now, somebody that can potentially spark up enough performance to win enough points or at least get relegated bloody trying. 

Until and unless he fails, he's my guy. May the happy hype that swept the players up and into the crazy frenzied tactic of running into the opposition half continue. 

• Like 1

Genuine question and not trying to cause a row!.. 

So what is it Sherwood has ever done historically to us or anyone else, thats go so many haters or class the bloke as a word removed?

I could respond to this in length, but it would contradict my approach of being positive and judging Tim on his Aston Villa career.

But check the "New Manager" thread (locked now). Plenty of material in there.

I did read a post that stated "I'm never getting behind him, he's a charlatan" or words to that effect.

Fair enough, I don't agree with that.

But as with anything, you'll always have one or two that go against the grain.

I'll change my statement to say "I think the vast majority are behind him aren't they?"

I did read a post that stated "I'm never getting behind him, he's a charlatan" or words to that effect.

:o

I don't get the need for making it personal. I don't care if our manager is the biggest tosser going (And I mean any manager, not just Sherwood), as long as he is good for the club and helps us to progress.

Â