Carles Gil

bose

I love a high pass completion ratio. 96% for Gil yesterday <3

Yep, just read it was 34 out 35 passes completed, the highest from anyone on the pitch.

Coupled with Gil having more touches than anyone else once he came on against Spurs last week, would suggest he's going to be such a vital player for us.

Im pretty sure that the one pass he did give away to a city player he bolted after it and won it back.

Correct me if im wrong (like I have to ask on VT :P)

I think I remember that actually. Was it not really early on in the game as well?

Yep, inside his own half, over towards the Doug Ellis stand.

Tried to poke it to Sanchez I think.

Yeah my only criticism of Gil is that at times I think he does play very risk free and I'd like him to almost drive towards goal a bit more rather than move the ball on square. 

With Jack,  he will pick the ball up in between the lines,  turn and then go forward whilst facing goal.  Would like to see Gil do this too.   

I've seen a few people mention his pace or lack of it more so but running fast isn't his game. Look at the likes of Silva and that and the last thing you'd mention would be pace! On Sunday he broke from the corner and ran 3/4 the length of the pitch to get to the ball first knock it past his man who tugged him just enough to let Kolarov back to nick it so even though he may not be lightning he isn't a slouch by any means. He is the sort of player that only needs a burst of pace over 5 yards normally which allied to his skill is all he needs. Hopefully he will get his fitness levels up so he can last 90 min at the minute he's done for by 60/65 but is usually one of better players in that time. I think under Garde he'll flourish! 

• Like 2

Any stats about how much he ran in that game? Even off the ball he was working hard. Wonder that's why he's always needing to be subbed.  May just be lack of fitness or may need to try save himself more during games. Wonder if he played full games for Elche. 

Heard he's been given a World Cup winners medal and 2 European Championship medals as he would have walked on those teams had he been drinking age back then.

This is true , also he has been awarded the world player of the year for 2007 pipping kaka. 

Finally has has received paperwork for his marrage to Samantha fox in 1988 and consequently his divorse papers from 1995 from when she came out as gay.

Yeah my only criticism of Gil is that at times I think he does play very risk free and I'd like him to almost drive towards goal a bit more rather than move the ball on square. 

With Jack,  he will pick the ball up in between the lines,  turn and then go forward whilst facing goal.  Would like to see Gil do this too.   

But that is the problem (and it's not pointed at all the fans) but where I sit - every time a player loses the ball or tries something that fails - he gets slagged off and the groans start. I have to bite my lip in case it starts off cos that really irks!. Bloke behind me just goes off on one after EVERY misplaced pass or failed attempt to defend or whatever. He even went off on one when Gil lost the ball and started slagging him off!

Maybe he's a bit apprehensive seeing as some fans don't seem to have the patience/control during a game. Just my take - I think as he plays more and gets confident he (and others) will start taking more risks and attempt at least to score more often!

• Like 1

But that is the problem (and it's not pointed at all the fans) but where I sit - every time a player loses the ball or tries something that fails - he gets slagged off and the groans start. I have to bite my lip in case it starts off cos that really irks!. Bloke behind me just goes off on one after EVERY misplaced pass or failed attempt to defend or whatever. He even went off on one when Gil lost the ball and started slagging him off!

Maybe he's a bit apprehensive seeing as some fans don't seem to have the patience/control during a game. Just my take - I think as he plays more and gets confident he (and others) will start taking more risks and attempt at least to score more often!

Gil didn't lose the ball. And if he did, we don't talk about it.

image.jpeg

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2

People who slag off everything like that often have no experience of playing the game themselves. So they don't know how hard it is to stay tidy with your passing etc when exhausted, or when running at a high speed, or with the opposition buzzing round trying to intercept everything.

He lacks a touch of pace when going forward.

I think our starting 11 against City lacked pace going forward to be honest. City just looked like a vastly superior collection of athletes than us all over the pitch. Gil needs pace around him, he's a fantastic player with terrific technique and genuine creativity.  

He lacks a touch of pace when going forward.

I think our starting 11 against City lacked pace going forward to be honest. City just looked like a vastly superior collection of athletes than us all over the pitch. Gil needs pace around him, he's a fantastic player with terrific technique and genuine creativity.  

That because they are, over 500 million pounds worth of players confirms this. You cannot use Man City as a example, maybe Everton would be fairer

Technically he is very good but too early to judge that he's such a wonderful footballer and miles better than Grealish until he's played 6 or 7 games on the bounce and produces it consistently. Seen it all before when players come in and play well for 60 minutes or so but when when they start every game they loose that magic.

• Like 1

Â