Carles Gil

bose

Why do none of the press ever ask why he's not playing?

The apparently amazing Gary Neville last night described him as 'jinky'. 

Basically, the media don't know enough to really analyse a teams state of affairs, well, at least those in the bottom half, as these teams aren't considered important enough. It's not much to ask that those who are paid several million pounds a year to sit on their arse in a Sky studio, to actually have in depth knowledge of every single team and squad in the premier league.

Sadly these morons aren't held to a high enough standard, and that's why punditry in this country is an absolute joke. It's pretty much exclusively former players making huge sums of money off of their names without bothering to do any leg work, and as a result, they offer absolutely zero insight into the game.  

• Like 1

For those saying he took too many touches.

96% pass accuracy.
Not dispossesed at all.
2 key passes (I know that stat is frowned on on here!) Bacuna had more with 3.
3 (out of 3 attemtped) accurate long balls.

I don't think it matters how many touches he takes. If it doesn't cost us possession and he has the positive effect he had last night then he can take 100 touches for all I care.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Remember when people in this thread were using the fact that we lost all the games he featured in to justify Sherwood's dropping and that maybe he isn't that good? mjlol.png

Yeah but we stayed up in the end last year so it was definitely right to play N'Zogbia in place of Gil. Definitely.

• Like 3

Remember when people in this thread were using the fact that we lost all the games he featured in to justify Sherwood's dropping and that maybe he isn't that good? mjlol.png

Some of us pointed out the flaws in that opinion then and have been since proven 100% correct, didn't make sense then, doesn't make sense that he's not at the core of our team now.

• Like 1

That logic is always flawed, no matter who the player is.

A team losing is not justification for the performance of an individual player.

Lionel Messi in our team for the past couple of seasons would still be part of a losing team more often than not. Doesn't mean he's shit.

Edited by Stevo985

96% pass accuracy.

Not dispossesed at all.

I don't think it matters how many touches he takes. If it doesn't cost us possession and he has the positive effect he had last night then he can take 100 touches for all I care.

I think it does matter if he's slowing the game down and you're an attack who's ONLY weapon right now is to try and catch teams napping.

But he's not doing that. At all. He's sharp as a knife. I thought those 15 minutes or whatever it was last night were the best I've seen him play. I cannot even begin to understand why he was dropped after that Leicester performance, but then I don't understand a lot of things that have happened the last few months.

96% pass accuracy.

Not dispossesed at all.

I think it does matter if he's slowing the game down and you're an attack who's ONLY weapon right now is to try and catch teams napping.

But he's not doing that. At all. He's sharp as a knife. I thought those 15 minutes or whatever it was last night were the best I've seen him play. I cannot even begin to understand why he was dropped after that Leicester performance, but then I don't understand a lot of things that have happened the last few months.

I agree, and that was kind of my point. He's not slowing the game down, the "positive effect" I mentioned was obvious literally (and I do mean literally) as soon as he came on. First thing he did was drop deep, demand the ball, turn and ran with it and played someone into an attacking position on the left.

On top of that the stats show he wasn't costing us possession and he was creating stuff.

• Like 1

Â