Carles Gil

bose

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Agreed. We need to start winning games so need to be prepared to play him in that position and sacrifice an extra cm player. 

Did anyone else notice that it looked like he refused to shake Garde's hand when he came off?

Yeah I noticed that. He probably thought he was doing better than others but Garde felt he was tiring. I think he just didn't see him. He needs to be playing behind Gestede and Ayew. Not wide and not in a midfield three. Play him the way coutinho plays for Liverpool. He wastes alot of his effort tracking back the opposition full backs.. Barely had energy to attack.  Wasted. Why can't we use him correctly. The way Lambert used him was spot on

Yep, put Gestede back up front and Ayew wide if he wants to stick to 4-3-3

Ayew's looked decent out there when he's played there even if it's not his proper position, and I'd be more confident of him whipping a cross in than Gil.

Get Gil in Veretout's position and thread some balls through.

He's a decent player but overhyped on here. Without a striker of Benteke's quality up there all our attacking options look poor.

He also has no right foot whatsoever. At start of second half, Gomes dropped the ball for the 100th time and all he had to do was kick it right footed as the goal was open and instead he did his cut back and lost it.

• Like 3

I'd give him a go in the middle, just because he's a player that's built for that role. He doesn't have the pace to really make things happen out wide. I'd start Traore over Veretout and, as Stevo said, put Gil in Veretout's role.

• Like 2

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

I'd give him a go in the middle, just because he's a player that's built for that role. He doesn't have the pace to really make things happen out wide. I'd start Traore over Veretout and, as Stevo said, put Gil in Veretout's role.

Exactly.

He's not quick enough to beat a full back and whip a cross in, so what can he do from wide when the only player ahead of him is an isolated Ayew?

ALl those passes Veretout was attempting and missing today, those are the kind of passes I could see Gil making

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

I would move him central but maybe more 4-4-1-1  

Sanchez would be the one to drop out for me , he's like a giraffe on ice at times and makes far to many mistakes 

And I don't mean he's a bad player but if we're hyping him as our star player who potentially can score or set up and win us games then the stats indicate Gil falls well short of this despite being a nice player to watch.

If Grealish can stop messing around and sort his head out then his bar to me is far higher than Gil's.

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's a decent player but overhyped on here. Without a striker of Benteke's quality up there all our attacking options look poor.

He also has no right foot whatsoever. At start of second half, Gomes dropped the ball for the 100th time and all he had to do was kick it right footed as the goal was open and instead he did his cut back and lost it.

I thought his set pieces were poor as well and struggled get height on them. Only really dangerous as Watford were hopeless defending them

Â