Carles Gil

bose

Best player on the pitch first half.

I imagine there's some fans furious he was subbed for nzogbia and we got a point.

Good fishing/point scoring.

But you won't find fans angry at that because its a totally different situation to last season.

Nice try though :D

You clearly aren't familiar with rodders0223 :lol:

Will never be a 90 minute player, but he's so good to watch for the 60/70 minutes he did play. The lad has been criminally underused over the past 10 months. 

Should start in the number 10 role and be replaced by Nzogbia for the last 25/30 mins. Think we will see Gil/Nzogbia more often than not. Grealish has been really disappointing so far and doesn't warrant getting on IMO and I have a feeling Traore is more trouble than he is worth

Best player on the pitch first half.

I imagine there's some fans furious he was subbed for nzogbia and we got a point.

Good fishing/point scoring.

But you won't find fans angry at that because its a totally different situation to last season.

Nice try though :D

Yeah from the ffew people I know who went, didn't find anyone complaining about that sub.  Ballsy and seemingly correct in his choice by all accounts, who'd have thunked it  a manager more football astute than the fans.

I tthink people misconstrue what is not a vendetta against any player by some fans, and we'll happily see anyone come on when they at least seem like they're trying.

Don't worry, DCJ just can't resist the chance of scoring some points ;)

The sub today made perfect sense. Nobody is going to be annoyed if Gil is getting game time. The frustration last season was it being obvious that we had a good player in Gil but he wasn't even making the bench a lot of the time, whilst players like (but not exclusive to) N'Zogbia were getting loads of game time and weren't performing.

But the frustration was there even when we were getting results and playing well.

You can still be frustrated about certain things when other things are going right.  We've done it plenty of times on this site (see:  Lambert's reign in particular).

Only a few days ago you posted:  "Talking about Gil in the team now is relevant and there's no doubt he should be in and I'm confident he will be. Still going on about last season when we stayed up seems absolutely pointless to me."  Stop dragging up pointless stuff in some strange point scoring attempt.  It's poor form.

Hopefully none of the big fish come sniffing around...

Like who?

He has got to do a hell of a lot more to get anywhere near a top side.

Yes he does the attacking role decently for us, but the top sides (big fish) have squad back ups ten times better than him.

But the frustration was there even when we were getting results and playing well.

But players weren't performing well enough to justify Gil getting no gametime. Not in and out of the team, not coming on as sub or playing second fiddle. Almost NO gametime.

That's the point that you keep missing (I'm assuming deliberately now as it's been made about a thousand times).

The results barely matter.

Edited by Stevo985

Like who?

Yes he does the attacking role decently for us, but the top sides (big fish) have squad back ups ten times better than him.

I don't mean right now, I mean in a year or two when he's 24 and entering his prime.

Like who?

I don't mean right now, I mean in a year or two when he's 24 and entering his prime.

Don't Valencia have abut back option?

But players weren't performing well enough to justify Gil getting no gametime. Not in and out of the team, not coming on as sub or playing second fiddle. Almost NO gametime.

That's the point that you keep missing (I'm assuming deliberately now as it's been made about a thousand times).

The results barely matter.

We best west brom twice in a week, both with good performances and followed that up with a 4-0 destruction of Sunderland. And yet during that period there's pages in this thread with people saying he should have been playing or should have come on longer. I guess you've ignored those performances and results, because I'd love to know why players should have been dropped when winning 3 consecutive games.

• Like 1

Like who?

Don't Valencia have abut back option?

I **** hope not

Â