Carles Gil

bose

If it isn't something personal then he will play.

I don't think he will play.

Jesus.  Why does it have to be "personal"?

Because only a blind fool could think he isn't good enough to even make the bench.

Report in the Mail suggests Gil, Weimann and Cissokho are all going to be 'allowed to leave', ie. placed on the transfer list this summer. Seems pretty clear to me his Villa career is already over. Can't help but feel it's a shame. 

If true then totally ridiculous from Sherwood.

Not impressed if true. Think he needs a pre-season before any decision is made.

I could understand if we weren't playing with a number 10 but at the moment we're playing with two of them so don't see how he is surplus to requirements. 

• Like 1

I just don't understand it. We're a team that has been crying out for midfield creativity for years and Gil brings just that. We cannot rely on Grealish, Cole, and Nzogbia (especially if we end up playing Europa league or have a cup run). 

If Gil is let go, would you rather see him move to another league (probably La Liga) or stay in the Prem?

Edited by Fab

I just don't understand it. We're a team that has been crying out for midfield creativity for years and Gil brings just that. We cannot rely on Grealish, Cole, and Nzogbia (especially if we end up playing Europa league or have a cup run). 

If Gil is let go, would you rather see him move to another league (probably La Liga) or stay in the Prem?

He'll go back to Spain. Valencia might even activate the buy back clause and then send him on loan again.

Burnley selection will tell us everthing.

(if I'm allowed to say that)

You've made that same point over and over again.  It's the only reason you post in the thread, isn't it?

• Like 1

Sherwood said we have an unbalanced squad and he wants to get rid of some players. We have alot of full backs and central midfield players. Cole is finished and nzogbia is almost thirty.. Why wouldn't you keep a 22 year old with so much ability. Hope the media are talking shit.

• Like 3

Insane if he is let go this summer, just straight up mental.

KSV is right, when you consider how well we've played with a 4-3-2-1 and how many players we have who can play as part of the two, it seems even more mad to let him go. Zog even if he has a renaissance under Sherwood next year is good for 1 or 2 seasons tops. Cole has had his chips you'd think after this season. Who does that seriously leave as a partner for Grealish as first choice? The two back ups? Even if you include Sinclair we are short already even with Gil if Cole or Zog don't play a very strong season next season. 

Why on earth would you let him go so soon anyway? He had one bad game for Sherwood and hasn't been seen since. Bonkers.

Well I liked what I saw of him but Sherwood isn't an idiot, and he certainly has no reason to let Gil leave if he wants to keep him.

He fully believes in creative players so if he's happy to let him go I would seem reasonable to assume there are reasons why.

Probably the same ones that have seen him out the squad recently.

As such, whilst I can understand any fan being disappointed at him going I really don't get some of the hyperbole on here.

I mean he did occasionally look like Darren Huckerbey on a good day but no more than that, and for a very brief period. As I say, I thought he looked pretty good, but theres no big deal for me.

• Like 4

I'd be disappointed if he left. I'm not saying he's the greatest ever player, and I don't think any one on VT is. I just think its a shame that he's not been given a chance when he showed so much early promise.

He was a bit of a light in the darkness in January; signing a player that seemed to be a technical, creative player that has an attacking desire and can score a goal. I know I probably have a slightly inflated opinion of him, based on how crap we were at the time, and how different and attacking he seemed, but I don't think I'm so deluded/stupid that I could be so wrong about a player. Hindsight isn't that useless is it?

He hasn't gone any where yet and I don't think he's done enough to warrant the adulation. Sherwood has talked about playing to get the results to keep us up which he has done so dropping Gil is justified for that alone. I hope he is given a pre season to prove he can be a big player for us but if Sherwood doesn't see it I think the job he's done so far warrants us backing him. I heard Gil never spoke to English so that may be a big factor in not picking him because I'm sure Lambert kept Sanchez on so he could tell Gil what he wanted and you can't have that.

I'll be gutted if we let him go. Since Merson we've been crying out for a "Number 10", and I've seen enough of him to know that he can play that role. Was so excited by the way he played when we signed him, I genuinely believe he will go on to have a great career. People keep bringing up the Stoke game, but he's not a winger, that much is very clear.

I really wanted to see the Jack and Gil combination playing behind Benteke, could have been magical.

Really thought we had a really good player, just the type we've been waiting for, in our hands after his first few appearances. I'm just baffled why he hasn't played and seems to have no future here.

He was'nt getting alot of game time at Valencia , so I don't just think it's a clash of personalities , that said , whatever his shortcomings , I'm sure with a bit of t Tlc we can still have the pleasure of seeing those wonderful silky skills .

Â