Carles Gil

bose

I do, Sherwood doesnt think he is good enough and maybe he isnt. Looking great under Lambert means **** all when think about it. Matt Jarvis would have looked world class in the style of play we used to play of sitting behind the ball

Disagree with this entirely. I don't care how terrible the team was, when you have the quality to score the type of goal he did against Bournemouth then you have something special. It's his individual quality that he showed in the handful of games he's played for us that makes him look great, not by comparison against the rest of the team under Lambert.

Hugely disappointed if he goes and anyone who blindly follows Sherwood on this one is being foolish in my opinion. As great as he's been for the club, Tim Sherwood is not infallible and I strongly think he has this one wrong. I agree with the sentiment that he wants winners and people who give 110%, but you need players with quality too.

Let's put it this way: Weimann, for the most part, puts in all that effort, but would you rather keep him at the club than Gil? Anyone who would needs their head tested.

• Like 4

I do, Sherwood doesnt think he is good enough and maybe he isnt. Looking great under Lambert means **** all when think about it. Matt Jarvis would have looked world class in the style of play we used to play of sitting behind the ball

Well that just doesn't make sense because our whole team looked like shit in the final months under Lambert. Maybe it's an attitude problem, maybe he hasn't settled and is homesick or maybe it's just a total clash of different personalities but I doubt that he's just not good enough. Guess we wont know for sure yet anyway.

Disagree with this entirely. I don't care how terrible the team was, when you have the quality to score the type of goal he did against Bournemouth then you have something special. It's his individual quality that he showed in the handful of games he's played for us that makes him look great, not by comparison against the rest of the team under Lambert.

Hugely disappointed if he goes and anyone who blindly follows Sherwood on this one is being foolish in my opinion. As great as he's been for the club, Tim Sherwood is not infallible and I strongly think he has this one wrong. I agree with the sentiment that he wants winners and people who give 110%, but you need players with quality too.

Let's put it this way: Weimann, for the most part, puts in all that effort, but would you rather keep him at the club than Gil? Anyone who would needs their head tested.

Perfect

well I dont think Sherwood will be keeping Weimann at the club either. As good as goal against Bournemouth was it was a Bournemouth reserve team, he was being marked by Ian Harte ffs. Delph smashed a few screamers for Leeds and had a good goal record yet he hasnt done it as consistently at Premier League level (the goalscoring)

Bizarre opinion. Almost everyone looked terrible under Lambert from what i remember rather than world class. Since Sherwood has come in, virtually everyone's performance level has been lifted so if anything I would have expected Gil to have improved further if played.

I honestly don't believe it mattered too much who he was up against for that goal. Maybe you could say a better defender would never have allowed him the space, but there are plenty of Premier League defenders who would never have suspected he was going to drop the shoulder and ping it in from that angle and distance. It was lightning quick and absolutely perfectly hit. That's quality, regardless of your opposition.

As for Weimann supposedly moving on, perhaps you're right, but the point still stands. Gil provides us with something we've needed for years now. If he goes then Grealish is the only player in the squad we have who has that kind of potential, and we need more than one in the squad. I don't even care if he doesn't train particularly well, in the few games he's played for us he's shown more than enough to justify his position on the pitch. Unless there's something huge that we're unaware of, I can't think of any logical explanation for getting rid of him.

Edited by Ginko

Have a Kleenex chaps, it is what it is

UTV

Classy.

One would have thought this was a Villa forum where people can discuss a Villa player in his thread without being insulted  :unsure:

I don't think people are basing their opinions on Gil off the back of just that goal though. The kid showed really good movement and creativity in the few games he played which was something we were crying out for.

• Like 1

not really that sure myself. If he goes back to Spain I cant see a top team taking him and at most will end up at a Celta or Espanyol

He wouldn't get in the Celta team. Maybe Elche again

Have a Kleenex chaps, it is what it is

UTV

Guess we should close this section of the forum down then. No point discussing anything since we're not the ones making the decisions, let's just blindly follow whatever Tim 'the messiah' Sherwood does and never question him.

• Like 2

It's not the goal for me.. It's his ability.. His cameo at Liverpool.. His performances against chelsea.. His ability to pass and move.. Skip past players and create space for others. I thought he's a typical Sherwood player.. With attacking intent. Really surprised.

• Like 1

I just want to point out that I'm not basing my entire opinion of him on that goal, and I don't think anyone who wants to keep him is either.

I have to say I think Sherwood will get smoked out next season. He's got too many favourites and yes men. If he can't see Gil's talent he should not be managing a club like ASTON VILLA. 

Â