Carles Gil

bose

He's not a shit trainer.. Let's put that to bed.. Sherwood said it himself that hes a good trainer.

Must be a language issue.. I'm hoping he is at least given pre season before being moved out.

It's easy to say he played well in a bad team but why does that mean he can't play even better in a good team.

Anyway.. Personally I don't expect him to play against Burnley or be here next season.

If Tim doesn't want him here, that's good enough for me.

It's also blind faith which nobody deserves in any aspect of life.

It's not blind faith to acknowledge that someone else has more information available to them and/or is better qualified to make a more informed decision.

IF Gil is not to stay at our club, I trust that the decision was either Gil's (possibly not settled well in the UK or has another offer/club/country more preferable to him), or Sherwood's (possibly Gil's attitude in training, concern over suitability to the Premier League or simply that Sherwood prefers existing Villa players in the same position), or a combination of both.

I'm happy to accept Gil's and/or Sherwood's decision. :)

Not disagreeing with you.

The OP shows blind faith, which I disagree with.

I'm not convinced the OP shows blind faith. It is possible the OP didn't feel the need to explain that TS has more information and knowledge at hand.

Everyone saying sherwood knows best. Sometimes managers can get it wrong ya know, Cahill anyone? An managers also get rid of players because of personal reasons.

They do and it would be wrong to get rid of Gil bearing in mind the performances he's put in on the pitch. He hasn't shown just potential, he's shown immediate and good results on the pitch.

How can he not be worth using? We've not got a strong enough squad to be ignoring assets like Gil.

We're at the end of the season with a cup final coming up so it's a different scenario altogether than when Gil got dropped. Would we have seen Zog orGrealish binned off totally from the team for weeks on end if we were still in February? Maybe.

Everyone saying sherwood knows best. Sometimes managers can get it wrong ya know, Cahill anyone? An managers also get rid of players because of personal reasons.

Equally why should a manager keep anyone they ' don't like' ? And what would be the point ?

Let's face it the best chance Gil has of staying is if he has been dropped for reasons to do with the run in and relegation fight. If, as some think, it is more to do with the Manager not fancying the player, which as you point out is pretty common, then any argument, despair, fury, or otherwise, from some fans isn't going to make a blind bit of difference anyway.

And as I say, why would anyone, Manager, Player, or Supporters, want someone kept who the Manager didn't want ?

I do, Sherwood doesnt think he is good enough and maybe he isnt. Looking great under Lambert means **** all when think about it. Matt Jarvis would have looked world class in the style of play we used to play of sitting behind the ball

I do, Sherwood doesnt think he is good enough and maybe he isnt. Looking great under Lambert means **** all when think about it. Matt Jarvis would have looked world class in the style of play we used to play of sitting behind the ball

You could tell he had something about him though, something we'd been lacking for years. I understand he might not like him as a player, but to not even give him a chance in a meaningless final game to change his mind?

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 2

He clearly decided months ago. Along with Aly etc. To keep aging Cole and Nzogbia over him is madness. I hope we send.him on loan before we.sell him.. If we sell him now we won't get shit for him. Add a sell on percentage at least

He looked OK but that was against "nice" teams that we werent expected to beat so was like a free shot. Against Hull and Stoke he was awful and didnt look up to it physically. Sherwood has played Grealish in same position and he has offered more for me

Gil maybe needs to bulk up or get a loan move to show what he has in ENgland

Â