New manager

reykjavik

Wouldn't be surprised with the Real Madrid assistant either. Sure I read that arsenal seen him as the one to takeover from wenger so sure Tom fox would know about him. Whether that's true is a completely different story and if it is I think he'd wait for the arsenal job.

I would love to see MON back until the end of the season.

He would certainly keep us up.

With a clause in his contract stating he cannot sign anyone ever in any circumstances or suggest contract length or wages.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised with the Real Madrid assistant either. Sure I read that arsenal seen him as the one to takeover from wenger so sure Tom fox would know about him. Whether that's true is a completely different story and if it is I think he'd wait for the arsenal job.

Paul Clement? Woudl he really want to come?

Without going into too much detail about my workplace (I'm a prison officer at a site which ahs an open prison and a closed one), somehow one of the PE staff managed to have David Dein here doing a presentation with a select group of guests so to speak (these kind of things happen more often than not, we had a well known stand up here during black history month), it was about the money in the game and the introduction of goal line technology, one slide (which I'm looking at right now) is called the "Virtuous Circle", subtitled "It starts and ends with the best football" - flow being: BEST SHOW - MAXIMUM INTEREST - COMMERCIAL SUCCESS - CSR (?!?!)

Seems that Tom Fox is trying to operate a similiar model to me and is trying to bring everything together to facilitate it.

I think people calling for Sam Allardyce should remember that he has spent a massive chunk of money this year on both wages and fees. Far more than he would likely see here under Randolph.

I don't think anyone would be expecting him to get us as high as West Ham are (in the near future anyway)

but he has nearly always got his team performing above their station. This is a guy who finished 5th in the prem with Bolton flipping Wanderers.

If we can get a manager to even get this team to perform on par, then we'll stay up. If we can get a manager who makes us play above ourselves, like Allardyce, then we're **** laughing.

I've got no issues if it is him, I just think that if we eventually want to kick on and get out of these constant relegation struggles he might not be the one to do that. For the here and now though he would be ideal.

A lot of hate for Sherwood despite his record at Spurs being pretty decent. He is inexperienced but full of energy, passion and commitment. These are 3 things we lacked massively under Lambert, he would certainly liven the place up as it was very depressing under Lambert.

I'm amazed that you can say lambert lacked those 3 attributes. You could never question his passion and commitment and to question his energy you must have been at the training ground everyday.

Pat Murphy on 5 live

"The new Aston Villa manager will be recommended by the chief executive Tom Fox, with the owner Randy Lerner prepared to rubberstamp his decision. Lerner will not be part of the interview process.

"Lerner operates out of New York and is hardly ever in Birmingham, as he comes to rely more and more on the advice of his fellow-American whom he appointed as CEO last September. It was Fox who recommended Lambert should be sacked after Tuesday night's defeat at Hull.

"Fox will take soundings from Villa's director of recruitment Paddy Reilly and an inner circle of trusted colleagues before moving in on a target. Coaching expertise will be essential - Villa were short in that area during Lambert's tenure - and they won't be put off if their preferred candidate is with another club.

"Although time is on Villa's side in that their next Premier League game is not until a week on Saturday when they are at home to Stoke City, Fox will want a swift appointment."

Do you know what time Murphy said this on 5 live so i can listen to it again? Cheers!

I doubt Paul Clement is even an option.

He declined the opportunity to even talk to the QPR board.

“I’m very flattered to be linked with Queens Park Rangers, a club I supported as a young boy and for whom my dad played,” Clement told the Guardian. “It would be a real honour to manage that club at some point in the future. But, at this time, I’ve got no intention of leaving Real Madrid in mid-season.” source: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/05/paul-clement-rules-out-qpr-job