New manager

reykjavik

If I had thought about it I could have put a bet on Hoddle last night on betfair and cashed out this morning with a huge profit. Brother stuck just £2 on and made £40. Rather annoyed with myself i didn't think about it. 

I'd love to know what the new manager's brief will be.

If Lambert's was to cut wages and remain in the premier league, what will the new guy's be?

The same? Or is that wage cutting done now.

Is there any intention from Lerner of pushing on from here? Or will the new guy just be expected to keep us up until we're sold?

Are people still kidding themselves on here that Richard knows what going on at VP?

He did seem to have a heads up about lambert going yesterday.

He also said Villa were not doing any business on deadline day right before news broke of the bid for Rickie Lambert.

I think everybody in the football world were aligned that Lambert needed to be, and would be sacked.

I cant wait to see who are new manager and backroom staff will be! Finally something to get excited about, it needs a fresh approach and some new ideas as the club under Lambert was going nowhere things really had run the course. It's time we got things right on the coaching and manager front, things off the pitch seem to be going fairly well, a new CEO, a new comercial officer, Delph signing a new deal etc. I have got a feeling that Tom Fox may turn out to be quite a shrewd appointment in the long run, he seems to know what he is doing and I'm glad he is making the decision and not Lerner.

• Like 2

If Lambert's was to cut wages and remain in the premier league, what will the new guy's be?

Is there any intention from Lerner of pushing on from here? Or will the new guy just be expected to keep us up until we're sold?

I think it will like your last line, keep them up with a limited budget until they are sold on. Initially he'll probably get a bonus for keeping Villa up this year. After that I guess it'll be a core objective.

Must get my Villa shirt with Rickie Lambert on it for the next match

Ok I see. You knew VIlla had made a bid (never mentioned it), also knew Rickie had declined (no mention of that either), all before the news of the bid had been leaked...

Must get my Villa shirt with Rickie Lambert on it for the next match

I'll admit you have me racking my brains for any potential managerial link to Rickie Lambert :)
  • Like 1

I think if there was one manager in world football who I would choose to take us over right now it would be Simeone.

(just as a disclaimer for anyone who misunderstands this. it is never ever ever ever ever ever ever going to happen. I'm just saying he'd be my ideal manager)

• Like 2

Strange one isn't it - why would anyone with any ambition take a job that's brief is to survive? Maybe as a stepping stone to something better?

anyone but redknapp or sherwood please. 

With the new set up I suppose a more continental candidate is more plausible that it has been in the past. 

Of the general links randomly spouted, I wouldn't mind ( though doubt they'd leave their current clubs ) Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche. Dyche could still be someone benefiting with low expectations that doesn't transfer well to other clubs, mind so would be a gamble. Don't follow european football or world football really for that matter so no idea on other names. 

I think if there was one manager in world football who I would choose to take us over right now it would be Simeone.

(just as a disclaimer for anyone who misunderstands this. it is never ever ever ever ever ever ever going to happen. I'm just saying he'd be my ideal manager)

Yep, same as me. The guy is a genius.

It will be the same as for Lambert, stay within the wage budget with £15-20m to spend plus any player sales. Lambert has done the hard part turning around the finances.

Strange one isn't it - why would anyone with any ambition take a job that's brief is to survive? Maybe as a stepping stone to something better?

Or the knowledge that the brief is an interim one until we're sold.

We don't know how soon that will happen.

If the brief was "survive for this season and we'll be sold in the summer" then it's a lot more attractive than "a sale is years away. Just keep us up until then"