New manager

reykjavik

Sherwood would be a big mistake, Lambert could have done what he did at Tottenham as could most managers.

He had a 59% win ratio. Their current manager can't match that at the moment. And after what we've seen I can only assume the second part is a joke.

The other thing with sher wood for me would be that he's been hanging round VP for a couple of months, almost waiting for lambert to get the push, if he got the job that wouldn't sit very well with me, that's poor form

Are you serious? Now you're just searching for reasons to not want Sherwood.

Sherwood would be a big mistake, Lambert could have done what he did at Tottenham as could most managers.

He had a 59% win ratio. Their current manager can't match that at the moment. And after what we've seen I can only assume the second part is a joke.

Alright then not most Managers but Lambert could have matched it with the quality of the Spurs squad. I really don't think Sherwood is right for us.

so Sherwood at Spurs, made Adebeyor a decent scoring striker, made Mason, Kane and few other youngsters successfull first team members

Sherwood at Villa?

make Bent a decent scoring striker, make Grealish, Robinson and erm... someone other youngsters we know nothing much about successful first team members?

?

nah

• Like 2

Their current manager, who is much better than Lambert, can't match it. Of course Lambert would though.

Sherwood walked into a perfect storm, his success at Tottenham was basically one long honeymoon period. There's a good reason he didn't stay on there as the Manager.

The other thing with sher wood for me would be that he's been hanging round VP for a couple of months, almost waiting for lambert to get the push, if he got the job that wouldn't sit very well with me, that's poor form

Eh.. I am sure most out of work managers bare some joy in seeing other managers in work fail. I mean how is a manager out of work especially in football when they know their level supposed to get hired if all the top jobs are taken. It's only natural for someone eager for a chance to want someone else to fall flat on their ass. That doesn't make him a bad person, that just means he's keeping a close eye on what could be a future job if it keeps going to shit. 

He's also a massive tool.

And intensely unlikeable.

I'm surprised so many people "like" Sherwood.

His only good quality, imo, is his positive record at Spurs (which doesn't stand up under scrutiny, imo). His personality would be my main gripe with his appointment.

After Lambert it would be lovely to have someone with a personality! In all seriousness we should have sacked him A bit sooner but better late than never. There are not really any experienced managers out there at the moment. The next appointment will have an element of risk attached to it because of this.

He's also a massive tool.

And intensely unlikeable.

I'm surprised so many people "like" Sherwood.

His only good quality, imo, is his positive record at Spurs (which doesn't stand up under scrutiny, imo). His personality would be my main gripe with his appointment.

His body warmer would be my main gripe with his appointment
  • Like 2

Just look at Sherwoods behavior at Spurs.  When they won he was Mr billy bignuts the best manager since Jesus was leading the disciples.  When they lost he was raging about the players in front of the worlds media.  It is unsustainable to behave like that and he was rightly booted out of Spurs.  He won't last a full season in his next premier league job imo.  I would want to see him actually prove himself as a sustainable and sensible manager elsewhere before having him anywhere near Villa Park.

so Sherwood at Spurs, made Adebeyor a decent scoring striker, made Mason, Kane and few other youngsters successfull first team members

No he didn't.

Yes he did

ooh i do love Pantomime

he's behind you!

Kane made 6 appearances last season. Sherwood gave him his debut, but to claim he made him a successful player is debateable.

Mason made his league debut this season, and prior to that had made 1 or 2 appearances in cup competitions, so you've totally made that one up I'm afraid.

Edited by Stevo985

Just look at Sherwoods behavior at Spurs.  When they won he was Mr billy bignuts the best manager since Jesus was leading the disciples.  When they lost he was raging about the players in front of the worlds media.  It is unsustainable to behave like that and he was rightly booted out of Spurs.  He won't last a full season in his next premier league job imo.  I would want to see him actually prove himself as a sustainable and sensible manager elsewhere before having him anywhere near Villa Park.

It depends on whether he can learn his lesson. I don't see why it wouldn't work with us if he calmed down his antics. I wouldn't want to take away his passion completely, just channel it onto the players rather than displaying it for the opposition who get encouragement from it. Thing is it was such a short space of time at Spurs to get a real idea of his ability and predictably a lot of fans seem to have made their mind up already so it's going to be tough for him. I don't see why ultra confidence in his ability is a bad thing, all the best managers have that.