New manager

reykjavik

Ján Kozák senior, found and raised Matič, found and raised Duda, saved several times, several teams from relagation on zero budget just on youth, great tactician, there are only two problems: he is currently manager of Slovak National team sitting first up front of Spain and Ukraine in EURO 2016 and does not speak English as far as I know.

But he never failed/fails. Cheap option.

Guys you have to remember when Sherwood took over Spurs they were a mess. Just got hammered 6-0 by Liverpool. Yes he had good players to work with but he also had a lot to sort out. Dropped so called bigger players and gave Bentelab a chance. Team started to show a bit of fit and as if they wanted to play for him,. He even got Adebayor playing well ffs.

One of the biggest factors in Sherwood's success at Tottenham, was the fact that he was he a big crowd favourite, so his appointment created a buzz about the place, similar to what's happened at sha with Rowett. Obviously he wouldn't get that affect here, and so I don't think he'd be anywhere near as good even in the short-term.

Ján Kozák senior, found and raised Matič, found and raised Duda, saved several times, several teams from relagation on zero budget just on youth, great tactician, there are only two problems: he is currently manager of Slovak National team sitting first up front of Spain and Ukraine in EURO 2016 and does not speak English as far as I know.

But he never failed/fails. Cheap option.

Anything like Jo Venglos?

I read a comment on here the other day saying Lambert had divided the fan base and should go for that,  the inference being that the fan base would become reunited once he left or we had a new manager.  

I do not believe that to be the case,  and I believe that any new appointment will not unite the fan base.  Unless it is Redknapp of course

• Like 4

There was a rumour that Randy wanted to interview Schteve after he sacked Houllier but bowed to fan pressure and cancelled his meeting with him. If I were McLaren I'd tell him to do one if he came knocking again.

Yep I remember the story and  how pleased we all were   .... and then he appointed McLeish :crylaugh:

There was a rumour that Randy wanted to interview Schteve after he sacked Houllier but bowed to fan pressure and cancelled his meeting with him. If I were McLaren I'd tell him to do one if he came knocking again.

And then went for McLeish...unbelievable if true. I wouldn't mind McClaren but doubtful he'd leave Derby for us though.

Gary Mcallister until the end of the season, wouldn't surprise me.

This is a man that should have a role at Villa Park in my opinion. Probably not managerial but certainly some role.

Always has talked highly of Villa even after leaving; yesterday again on BT Sport was very complimentary on the club.

• Like 1

In order of preference...

Spalletti

Tuchel

Prandelli

Bilic

Rafa

Jol

Sherwood

So, Sherwood is not exaclty first choice, Tuchel apparently is waiting for the summer but if we make him an offer he can't refuse (complete with horses head) then maybe he can be persuaded. Spalletti might be lined up for Napoli in the summer. Prandelli is available and likes us, Bilic not sure whether he's come but would be good, Rafa see Spalletti comment, if he knows there's a good chance his time is up in the summer he might jump ship with new tv money on the horizon. Jol would probably like another crack at the prem. Sherwood would appear to be gagging for work.

• Like 1

so Sherwood at Spurs, made Adebeyor a decent scoring striker, made Mason, Kane and few other youngsters successfull first team members

No he didn't.

Yes he did

ooh i do love Pantomime

he's behind you!

Kane made 6 appearances last season. Sherwood gave him his debut, but to claim he made him a successful player is debateable.

Mason made his league debut this season, and prior to that had made 1 or 2 appearances in cup competitions, so you've totally made that one up I'm afraid.

yes it's ok I get it, you don't like Sherwood

I think we will see a short term appointment till the end of the season with a permanent manager being appointed in the Summer.

wouldn't think he would be english then?

a continental head coach type you could sell that too, say we're employing a DOF you set up a coaching team and get us survival and we'll look again in the summer. an english manager will want control of transfers and a longer term project IMO.