New manager

reykjavik

René Meulensteen, Claudio Ranieri or Michael Laudrup would be my choices. The latter already rejecting a move to QPR saying he signed a contact with Qatar and he's happy to stay, so unlikely.

No offense but I'm glad you're not the one in charge of hiring our new manager. I wouldn't want any of those guys.

Why people against Sherwood? I think he did well at Spurs.

Courtesy of another VTer

For some reason the writer really really hates Sherwood. Maybe he shagged his missus?

It'll happen quickly

I see you are back in teaser mode.

With the internet and social media every manager will have detractors somewhere - I think it will be between

Sherwood

Hoddle

Curbishley

Southgate

Allardyce

Curbishley has had a massive time out of the game - but other than that ticks a lot of boxes,theres always the option of making him DOF in due course... - I wouldn't be opposed to Sherwood, but we don't have time for protracted negiotations and his dyed in the wool cockney credentials worry me....

Southgate always struck me as an intelligent guy, - but failed at Boro - even with a good whack of cash...

René Meulensteen, Claudio Ranieri or Michael Laudrup would be my choices. The latter already rejecting a move to QPR saying he signed a contact with Qatar and he's happy to stay, so unlikely.

No offense but I'm glad you're not the one in charge of hiring our new manager. I wouldn't want any of those guys.

Any reason?

Do you all think Boro and Bournemouth managers would be out the question? Sorry can't remember their names.

Karanka and Howe will both be confident of promotion this year, would be a huge gamble on their parts. Can't see either leaving their current roles.

I don't think the bookies know anything. I think Sherwood is just the obvious favourite for every job at the moment.

Bookies just go by where the money is and it seems like a lot of money being bet on Sherwood.

We sure missed the boat with Pulis though.

Yeah that's what I mean. people are putting money on Sherwood because he seems the obvious choice at the moment.

I doubt anyone knows anything concrete yet.

Any reason?

Ranieri - because he's won very little in his career and despite having ridiculous funds to spend at Chelsea, achieved absolutely nothing there.

Laudrup - because he's a fraud. He's a big name who doesn't really know anything about management. He barely turned up to training when he was Swansea boss.

Meulensteen - not managed to cut it as a manager, despite a few attempts. He's a great assistant and a great coach but they're different jobs.

• Like 3

I've still got a feeling it's going to be an international Manager coming part-time until the end of the season. I'd be surprised if Lerner was to give someone a big contract at this stage.. Klinsmann is my guess.

I don't think the bookies know anything. I think Sherwood is just the obvious favourite for every job at the moment.

Bookies just go by where the money is and it seems like a lot of money being bet on Sherwood.

We sure missed the boat with Pulis though.

Im so glad we didnt end up with pulis. I want exciting footy down vp after all these years of eye bleeding stuff.

Btw Sherwood is odds on. Do you think there's a chance he had already been approached?

Sounded out - almost certainly ......but if he couldn't agree terms with Tony Fernandez at QPR !!!! - Unless of course he knew the villa job was his if he waited a few days.......but I thought he would have took QPR over villa being a londoner himself..