New manager

reykjavik

For those that are suggesting Allardyce (who I think is quite realistic as I think West Ham will be looking for a change soon)

Did you want him for our manager the previous 3 searches? Or are you going by West Ham's form this season?

I wanted something a bit different and a new approach. Someone young with modern ideas such as OGS. I was pleased when Lambert came as he seemed a more modern version of MON.

I don't think anyone has ever questioned that Big Sam has tactical ability, creates stability, and has confidence in his own ability. The critics only ever had one argument against him - he played quite direct football.

Well **** that if it's his biggest weakness. It's exactly what we need right now.

He'd already know most of our players from having studied how to play against them, he knows the premier league inside out, and as far as I understand it, he'd be right up for managing the Villa.

Fans know f all when it comes to managerial appointments. People on here were creaming themselves over solksjaer last time round yet were disgusted at the prospect of someone like McLaren or Tony Pulis taking the reins. 2 years on OGS is no longer flavour of the month & Pulis or McLaren would be gratefully received as the next manager of AVFC so if it is Sherwood everyone needs to shut the f up with all the moaning and back the bloke because there's as much chances of him succeeding as there is of failing and we're not exactly in a position where we can be too picky.

The fact that we are in a position where we can't be too picky just sums up how poor the club has been ran now for way too long the club is rotting from top to bottom.

I can say sherwood was not one of my choices and just because of some rumours or a scathing article about him but more because at a time where we need an experienced manager we go for someone who has litterally no experience. I have people who i would prefer to see manager but when it all comes down to it I dont think t really matters. If it is sherwood i will grit my teeth and support him.

But none of it means anything because as far as i'm concerned its invevitable that we will be playing in the championship whether it be this year, next year or so on as long as lerner remains we are doomed.

Got to love VT.

3 days ago "lambert out, anyone in"

Now "anyone but sherwood!"

And i stand by that statement

I'd rather have Sherwood than Lambert but why when there are better targets available

If we recruit Sherwood we recruit Sherwood he will have my backing

However i just bloody hope the club have spread their net out further than Curbishley and Sherwood...

• Like 2

I'd be happy with big Sam but can't see why he'd come here.

I'm sure he'd rather try and get a contract extension with west ham and if that fails I think he'll have other decent opportunities.

Maybe if it was the summer we'd have a chance but leaving them for us now? It would be madness.

Got to love VT.

3 days ago "lambert out, anyone in"

Now "anyone but sherwood!"

"Lambert out, anyone in" at the time really meant "Please Lord, Lambert out". Now that that's happened, it's a case of "yeah, about that second part..." :-)

i have to say after wtaching the interview of him after the game i can really see him being hated by the players. comes across as a right arrogant muppet. maybe that could work but its a huge gamble and i dont think its  a good move giving it to someone thats only managed for 6 months

i bet he also has a falling out with lerner & fox at some point as well

You wont have to worry about it because he won't be our manager. 

Fans know f all when it comes to managerial appointments. People on here were creaming themselves over solksjaer last time round yet were disgusted at the prospect of someone like McLaren or Tony Pulis taking the reins. 2 years on OGS is no longer flavour of the month & Pulis or McLaren would be gratefully received as the next manager of AVFC so if it is Sherwood everyone needs to shut the f up with all the moaning and back the bloke because there's as much chances of him succeeding as there is of failing and we're not exactly in a position where we can be too picky.

We are in a position to be picky. 

We have a billionaire owner who needs to protect his investment and asset values. 

Lerner could get most managers with the right offer, so i think we can be picky!

i have to say after wtaching the interview of him after the game i can really see him being hated by the players. comes across as a right arrogant muppet. maybe that could work but its a huge gamble and i dont think its a good move giving it to someone thats only managed for 6 months

i bet he also has a falling out with lerner & fox at some point as well

Interview after Chelsea game? I thought it was brutally honest and what some players need.

Sherwood not the only gamble mentioned in the last few pages !!!

Whole lists of managers with no previous involvement in this league ? A gamble.

Managers who haven't managed for ages ? A gamble.

Ex players and heroes ? A gamble.

Managers currently in lower leagues ? A gamble.

Manchester United, with all their money,power, and fame,and drawing on the knowledge of the most successful manager ever, picked a guy with a very good reputation in Moyes, and it failed for them.

4661679.jpg

Edited by kidlewis

Well if this happens then some have got what they wanted. They wanted anyone but lambert as anyone could do no worse. We are about to find out. oh well let's see what happens. We may get the new manager rush and improve. If we go down not sure sherwood is the one to get us back up! Will he walk? Or stay?

Id love us to think outside the box for once, like southampton did with poccitino, boro have done with karanka etc. no more of a gamble than sherwood imo. it would be so much more refreshing to have a proper footballing philosophy down there at last,something the club can base itself on. since martinez left swansea they have hardly changed id love that down the villa

We don't have time to adopt a new footballing phillosophy. Lambert tried that this season and its got us nowhere. The important thing is to stay up!