New manager

reykjavik

I'm with you on that. I think this squad we have is decent and a fresh approach is all we need to survive. I don't know if it could get fresher than Sherwood charging in.

I don't think we'd see 4 cm players and then I don't think we'd see pointless passing football.

It would certainly spark my interest again.

4cm players are too short for this level anyway

I don't know. Gill is probably around 3.5 cm

Is that net?

I like the idea of Sherwood, it's a risk, but everyone is. The experienced managers out there either already have top jobs or have hit a ceiling where they can't get any higher. Short term that may get us out of a relegation zone, but long term we'd just hit the ceiling and cease to improve (I wouldn't say no to Fat Sam for example, but he's now playing exactly the same as MON did with us, you'd have to imagine his ceiling will be the same - Europa League spot)

An unproven manager has no know ceiling, for all we know he could come in and get us Champions League next season, or of course he could be crap (far more likely), let's just wait and see before jumping to judgement eh?

LOL

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/558061/Aston-Villa-Shock-Move-Tony-Pulis-West-Brom

Aston Villa make SHOCK move for West Brom's Tony Pulis

ASTON VILLA have made discreet inquiries through intermediaries to ascertain the value of Tony Pulis’ escape clause at rivals West Bromwich Albion

It is understood West Brom would be entitled to around £2.25m in compensation.

More formal contact has also been made with the representatives of Tim Sherwood as Villa continue their search for a new manager after Paul Lambert was sacked this week 

While no official approach has been made to West Brom, the third party collating information on Pulis’ contract has strong links with Villa owner Randy Lerner.

The size of compensation West Brom would be due if Pulis ever leaves, prior to his contract running out, needs to be put in perspective given the £60m bonanza staying in the Premier League brings.

The new domestic £5B TV deal announced this week shows that figure is only going to rise in the future. 

Pulis succeeded Alan Irvine at The Hawthorns at the start of January and he has already had a positive impact losing just once in five league matches.

He has never experienced relegation as a manager and successfully kept Crystal Palace in the top flight last season having taken on a seemingly hopeless situation.

Lambert was dismissed after Villa dropped into the bottom three following a run of 10 games without a win in which they have only scored two goals.
Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

If he gets results then I really couldn't care less about what kind of bloke he is.

This is the thing that suddenly dawned on me. He's not likable, but it occurred to me that I didn't care less about that when it came to Lambert. The last manager who managed to charm me was O'Neill. I didn't care either way about Houllier either, only that I was ok with the direction he was taking us on the pitch. Same with McLeish with regards the former if not the latter!

It's all about the results. If that passion transfers onto the pitch then I'm all for it if it helps to generate performances. 

As for whether he's any good or not, he'll get the same chance as anyone else. I'll soon get over the £50 if he keeps us up!

Pros and Cons of Sherwood:

Pros. 1. He got Adebayor in from the cold at Spurs and got him performing very well under him which has been beyond plenty of experienced managers so no mean feat. So could be the man to revitialise Benteke.

2. He promoted Bentaleb and Kane when no one had heard of them and both have continued playing well this season. If we're talking long term plans I think he can point to that and hopefully the likes of Grealish and Robinson can benefit in the same way in time.

3. At Spurs he seemed to adopt a win or bust policy. They won plenty of games and got thumped a few times. I'm o.k with that, it's how we stayed up under Lambert in 12/13 and that's how we'll stay up this time as drawing grimly pretty much every game won't be enough imo.

Cons.....what everyone else is saying on here and the main board!

• Like 1

LOL

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/558061/Aston-Villa-Shock-Move-Tony-Pulis-West-Brom

ASTON VILLA have made discreet inquiries through intermediaries to ascertain the value of Tony Pulis’ escape clause at rivals West Bromwich Albion

More formal contact has also been made with the representatives of Tim Sherwood as Villa continue their search for a new manager after Paul Lambert was sacked this week 

While no official approach has been made to West Brom, the third party collating information on Pulis’ contract has strong links with Villa owner Randy Lerner.

The size of compensation West Brom would be due if Pulis ever leaves, prior to his contract running out, needs to be put in perspective given the £60m bonanza staying in the Premier League brings.

The new domestic £5B TV deal announced this week shows that figure is only going to rise in the future. 

Pulis succeeded Alan Irvine at The Hawthorns at the start of January and he has already had a positive impact losing just once in five league matches.

He has never experienced relegation as a manager and successfully kept Crystal Palace in the top flight last season having taken on a seemingly hopeless situation.

Lambert was dismissed after Villa dropped into the bottom three following a run of 10 games without a win in which they have only scored two goals.

PAY IT

He would guarantee us staying in the premier league he was the man we should have got months ago

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

How he comes across in interviews has hardly any bearing at all on whether or not he's a good football manager.

So why judge him on them in your previous post?

Yes that was wrong of me.

Although I'm still against his arrival based on what I said earlier.

Seeing as the whole club is a bit of a circus at the moment, and reality TV still popular, why not get 13 fans to take a game each until the rest of the season and let the public vote on who should keep the job?

It might seem like farcical idea but Lerner might go for it, he appointed McCleish.....

• Like 1

LOL

That cant be true...can it?! I dont live in Birmingham so I dont get to experience the rivalry but that would be hilarious if it happened