New manager

reykjavik

Its not Sherwood . And Yes i am ITK

I think he's obviously a contender - perhaps getting an interview - hence the odds plummeting - I don't think it will be him either

Like I just posted - I reckon Curbishley  is a serious contender

Thomas Tuchel, Jocelyn Gourvennec, Remi Garde Paul Clement?

Ash, the first three there are managers i'd love to see but why do you think they would come here at this stage?

I think Tuchel would come here he's unemployed so why wouldn't he

Clement i agree with you because he's probably more than happy being a number 2 at one of the best clubs in the world

Gourvennec deserves a bigger club than Guincamp he's worked wonders with them

Remi Garde is also available but Newcastle will probably get him

I'd at least want us to try other targets before we appoint Sherwood i hope we are looking into people like this and not just going with the stale standard usual picks

We used to be a big club lets try and act like one for a change eh

My initial point wasn't to disagree with you because i'm completely with you and I just wish we could be in a better position to attract those guys. Sherwood should be the last man at the end of a very long list of names. 

I can't get my head around why fans are so anti-Sherwood.

28 games worth of experience, never bought a player, has no experience in building a squad, and he's an absolute bellend

It's a far bigger gamble than we should be taking

And a realistic alternative is...
Sam Allardyce
He said realistic.....

Big Sam would walk here on his hands to be our manager....

Why would he now? He's the 13th highest paid football manager in the world.

Because we would make him the 12th ! 

I'm afraid yes, I would take anyone that isn't Lambert, it wasn't working.

As for who, every candidate will have plusses and minuses, ranging from inexperience to being too old, or from lower leagues, or not knowing this league, or treating the players too well, or too badly, or simply not wanting to come.

I totally agree there reasons for misgivings, but there are whoever it is.

Are Pele really thinking we were going to get a good manager under contract elsewhere ? It is surely unlikely.

As for him being long term, they have to say that whoever it is or they would be a lame duck.

It will depend upon results (as will his popularity). I have heard Wenger and even Ferguson criticised by their fans, so whoever gets it won't meet with universal approval.

• Like 1

Why No Premier League Club Should Even Consider Hiring Tim Sherwood as Their Manager

Raj Bains | February 11, 2015 | 0 Comments

Over the past few months, some clubs have been their manager. Nothing quite defines desperation like blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah good luck to the club that falls for it—you’re going to need it.

Who the **** is Raj Bains!? And why should we give a toss what he thinks?

That article doesn't say anything. It's an over-long, repetitive ramble that could've been condensed into a few sentences. He clearly doesn't like Tim Sherwood; I'm sure people on here who had a similar extreme dislike for Paul Lambert could produce an equally bitter article.

If he becomes our manager, I'll wait and see what he does here before judging.

Regarding the last sentence. We just don't have time to see how it all pans out.

13 games to essentially save a club from possible obscurity should not land on a completely inexperienced ex footballer with a questionable personality.

• Like 2

I can't get my head around why fans are so anti-Sherwood.

28 games worth of experience, never bought a player, has no experience in building a squad, and he's an absolute bellend

It's a far bigger gamble than we should be taking

And a realistic alternative is...
Sam Allardyce
He said realistic.....
Big Sam would walk here on his hands to be our manager....
Why would he now? He's the 13th highest paid football manager in the world.

Because we would make him the 12th !

You missed a 0 off the end.

• Like 1

Ash, the first three there are managers i'd love to see but why do you think they would come here at this stage?

I think Tuchel would come here he's unemployed so why wouldn't he

Clement i agree with you because he's probably more than happy being a number 2 at one of the best clubs in the world

Gourvennec deserves a bigger club than Guincamp he's worked wonders with them

Remi Garde is also available but Newcastle will probably get him

I'd at least want us to try other targets before we appoint Sherwood i hope we are looking into people like this and not just going with the stale standard usual picks

We used to be a big club lets try and act like one for a change eh

Really can't argue with this. 

The appointment would speak volumes about where we now are as a club.

Id love us to think outside the box for once, like southampton did with poccitino, boro have done with karanka etc. no more of a gamble than sherwood imo. it would be so much more refreshing to have a proper footballing philosophy down there at last,something the club can base itself on. since martinez left swansea they have hardly changed id love that down the villa

• Like 2

Wowzer. Sherwood and Curbishley are the favourites. How utterly uninspiring.

When we got rid of Lambert i got excited at the possibility of manager we could bring in to replace him

Then i remembered he appointed Alex McLeish :(

My initial point wasn't to disagree with you because i'm completely with you and I just wish we could be in a better position to attract those guys. Sherwood should be the last man at the end of a very long list of names. 

I know mate any of those names would be great and one's that should be associated with a club of our stature shame were not being run that way under the current regime

Id love us to think outside the box for once, like southampton did with poccitino, boro have done with karanka etc. no more of a gamble than sherwood imo. it would be so much more refreshing to have a proper footballing philosophy down there at last,something the club can base itself on. since martinez left swansea they have hardly changed id love that down the villa

That would be great but I bet both Southampton and Boro spent a lot of time finding both managers. We need some one in asap!

For those that are suggesting Allardyce (who I think is quite realistic as I think West Ham will be looking for a change soon)

Did you want him for our manager the previous 3 searches? Or are you going by West Ham's form this season?

Yes - I wanted us to bin Houllier and get him when he was on the dole.

I think he'd be great for us - and I thinks its feasible....

Thomas Tuchel, Jocelyn Gourvennec, Remi Garde, Prandelli, Paco Jemez, Frank de Boer.

These are some of the names that I hope are in the frame for the job long-term. I would prefer someone with top flight experience in another country to bring a fresh approach.

I don't think the Dyches/Warburtons of this world are frankly big enough for this club. It is a massive club that still commands respect in football. I don't think the performance of whatever 11 players represent it at any one time ever changes that. I don't think an 'up and coming' manager from the lower leagues would work for the club - it's easy to see managers just shrink into that dugout because of the pressures of such a big club.

My favourites from the above would be Prandelli, Jemez and de Boer. The place needs changing and I feel a statement of intent should be made with the appointment. That could be the ripple effect that sets us going back up the table.

This squad of players is much better than the current position.

• Like 2