New manager

reykjavik

LOL

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/558061/Aston-Villa-Shock-Move-Tony-Pulis-West-Brom

Aston Villa make SHOCK move for West Brom's Tony Pulis

ASTON VILLA have made discreet inquiries through intermediaries to ascertain the value of Tony Pulis’ escape clause at rivals West Bromwich Albion

It is understood West Brom would be entitled to around £2.25m in compensation.

More formal contact has also been made with the representatives of Tim Sherwood as Villa continue their search for a new manager after Paul Lambert was sacked this week

While no official approach has been made to West Brom, the third party collating information on Pulis’ contract has strong links with Villa owner Randy Lerner.

The size of compensation West Brom would be due if Pulis ever leaves, prior to his contract running out, needs to be put in perspective given the £60m bonanza staying in the Premier League brings.

The new domestic £5B TV deal announced this week shows that figure is only going to rise in the future.

Pulis succeeded Alan Irvine at The Hawthorns at the start of January and he has already had a positive impact losing just once in five league matches.

He has never experienced relegation as a manager and successfully kept Crystal Palace in the top flight last season having taken on a seemingly hopeless situation.

Lambert was dismissed after Villa dropped into the bottom three following a run of 10 games without a win in which they have only scored two goals.

That cant be true...can it?! I dont live in Birmingham so I dont get to experience the rivalry but that would be hilarious if it happened

There is no rivalry really.

LOL

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/558061/Aston-Villa-Shock-Move-Tony-Pulis-West-Brom

ASTON VILLA have made discreet inquiries through intermediaries to ascertain the value of Tony Pulis’ escape clause at rivals West Bromwich Albion

More formal contact has also been made with the representatives of Tim Sherwood as Villa continue their search for a new manager after Paul Lambert was sacked this week 

While no official approach has been made to West Brom, the third party collating information on Pulis’ contract has strong links with Villa owner Randy Lerner.

The size of compensation West Brom would be due if Pulis ever leaves, prior to his contract running out, needs to be put in perspective given the £60m bonanza staying in the Premier League brings.

The new domestic £5B TV deal announced this week shows that figure is only going to rise in the future. 

Pulis succeeded Alan Irvine at The Hawthorns at the start of January and he has already had a positive impact losing just once in five league matches.

He has never experienced relegation as a manager and successfully kept Crystal Palace in the top flight last season having taken on a seemingly hopeless situation.

Lambert was dismissed after Villa dropped into the bottom three following a run of 10 games without a win in which they have only scored two goals.

what a load of tosh. 

That would single handidly seal their fate and save ours. 

West Brom shouldn't do that under any circumstances. 

Not a lot wrong with that to be fair

My Dad's a Spurs fan and I remember that game. I'm guessing the "incredible" part comes not from anything inflammatory he said but rather from the audacity to throw his entire team under the bus just to cover himself after being completely found out tactically in that game.

• Like 1

It's moot anyway because Pulis wouldn't do it.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm not even sure I'd think much of him if he did come, although that would likely pass fairly quickly :-P

Cant see Pulis leaving Boggies but I know he was unhaappy in Jan transfer window after being promised money etc and getting nothing,id love it to happen especially see those tesco bag fans crying

LOL

That cant be true...can it?! I dont live in Birmingham so I dont get to experience the rivalry but that would be hilarious if it happened

There is no rivalry really.

In fact us doing that would be the first legitimate claim to one.

I can't get my head around why fans are so anti-Sherwood.

28 games worth of experience, never bought a player, has no experience in building a squad, and he's an absolute bellend

It's a far bigger gamble than we should be taking

He also managed to win half of those games.

the bare minimum when you inherited a team that spent 100million 6 months previous

My Dad's a Spurs fan and I remember that game. I'm guessing the "incredible" part comes not from anything inflammatory he said but rather from the audacity to throw his entire team under the bus just to cover himself after being completely found out tactically in that game.

I remember that game as well as I had money on chelsea and was getting very frustrated. The game was pretty even until the very soft penalty and red card.

Fair point. Though as he rightly pointed out, they were in the game until the slip and then the penalty. They did then proceed to fall apart.

Still not quite to Paul Lambert levels of falling apart.  

I can't get my head around why fans are so anti-Sherwood.

28 games worth of experience, never bought a player, has no experience in building a squad, and he's an absolute bellend

It's a far bigger gamble than we should be taking

He also managed to win half of those games.

the bare minimum when you inherited a team that spent 100million 6 months previous

So why couldn't AVB manage it?

So, this is my first post since joining after many years of anonymous lurking. Hi everyone!

Now, as much as I enjoyed Solskjaer-gate and the various other managerial speculations, this one is turning out to be just amazingly entertaining. Pulis? Sol Campbell? Brilliantly crazy stuff, and I'm sure there is more to come.

Oh, incognito avfc just posted 8 tweets. Haven't really got the hang of the character limit thing have they :-) So there are three candidates they say, and it sounds like no appointment soon to me.

• Like 3

Avram Grant has done more than Sherwood in his managerial career

Shame he's ruled himself out the running

Posts like this go to show why our opinion cannot be trusted. That and somebody earlier in the thread saying they would prefer Hoddle. 

Sherwood is nowhere near my number one choice, he probably isn't the clubs no matter what happens, but Avram Grant? Get a grip man. 

• Like 1

So, this is my first post since joining after many years of anonymous lurking. Hi everyone!

Now, as much as I enjoyed Solskjaer-gate and the various other managerial speculations, this one is turning out to be just amazingly entertaining. Pulis? Sol Campbell? Brilliantly crazy stuff, and I'm sure there is more to come.

Oh, incognito avfc just posted 8 tweets. Haven't really got the hang of the character limit thing have they :-) So there are three candidates they say, and it sounds like no appointment soon to me.

Welcome Dean! I used to live in Lichfield. Well, Fradley. 

• Like 1