New manager

reykjavik

I can't get my head around why fans are so anti-Sherwood.

28 games worth of experience, never bought a player, has no experience in building a squad, and he's an absolute bellend

It's a far bigger gamble than we should be taking

And a realistic alternative is...
Sam Allardyce
He said realistic.....

Big Sam would walk here on his hands to be our manager....

That's a joke right?

If it is Sherwood then the best we can hope for is that the back to basics kick up the hole that he'll bring is enough to keep us up, then the club gets sold in the summer off the back of it and he gets turfed out by the new owner. That way it's job done and no damage done plus he gets another feather in his cap.

He's nowhere near the level this club should be looking at long term.

This is why I don't mind Sherwood until the end of the season. All he did was apply a common sense approach to a Spurs team that didn't know what they were doing. Maybe he can do the same for us
Yep. My main fear in him is that he'd be here beyond this season. If he's here for 13 games then I can stomach that.

If this was another club I'd have a morbid curiosity in how it pans out. As it's my own club you naturally fear the worst albeit stop short of expecting it.

• Like 2

28 games worth of experience, never bought a player, has no experience in building a squad, and he's an absolute bellend

Sam Allardyce

He said realistic.....

Take the bookies list, draw a line under Sherwood and pick a name. There'll be ones that would be less welcome but literally every single one would make more sense.

No we should have kept him and hoped for the best like we'd done for the last 6 months.

Ah ok, back to sarcasm mode. I'll leave you too it then.

Well you seem to be setting yourself up to have the usual dig. Lambert had to be sacked, do you disagree?

Then the situation is who can we get? You can bang on about how great the club is all you want but it's completely pointless right now.  We're a mess and the most important thing is that we needed a change in order to give us the chance to stay up.  So yes in that sense, pretty much anyone but Lambert was the main thing because we were only going one way under lambert.

If it is Sherwood then the best we can hope for is that the back to basics kick up the hole that he'll bring is enough to keep us up, then the club gets sold in the summer off the back of it and he gets turfed out by the new owner. That way it's job done and no damage done plus he gets another feather in his cap.

He's nowhere near the level this club should be looking at long term.

This is why I don't mind Sherwood until the end of the season. All he did was apply a common sense approach to a Spurs team that didn't know what they were doing. Maybe he can do the same for us
Yep. My main fear in him is that he'd be here beyond this season. If he's here for 13 games then I can stomach that.

If this was another club I'd have a morbid curiosity in how it pans out. As it's my own club you naturally fear the worst albeit stop short of expecting it.

Better hope he just about does enough to keep us up and doesn't win 13 Outa 13 ;)

Thomas Tuchel, Jocelyn Gourvennec, Remi Garde Paul Clement?

Ash, the first three there are managers i'd love to see but why do you think they would come here at this stage?

I think Tuchel would come here he's unemployed so why wouldn't he

Clement i agree with you because he's probably more than happy being a number 2 at one of the best clubs in the world

Gourvennec deserves a bigger club than Guincamp he's worked wonders with them

Remi Garde is also available but Newcastle will probably get him

I'd at least want us to try other targets before we appoint Sherwood i hope we are looking into people like this and not just going with the stale standard usual picks

We used to be a big club lets try and act like one for a change eh

• Like 4

about sherwood.

all the people putting up or using the link to that blogger slagging off sherwood should remember it is one persons view.on another villa forum a spurs fan on there praises sherwood,i know 3 of them myself unfortunately and they all wanted sherwood given a chance.i'm in no way saying he's great but i'm prepared to give him a chance.experience does not mean a manager is good,fat sam struggled to get west ham up with the best squad and biggest budget in the championship.sherwood apparently is a very wealthy guy due to smart investments so doesn't need the money and doesn't need the hassle.so he's not in it for the dough just probably loves the game that much that he wants to be involved.he isn't an idiot so why do people think he would not have learnt from any mistakes he may have made at spuds.he got adeboyor playing out of his skin so must be able to motivate players.he was the first to give kane,mason their chances.i'm not saying he's my first choice or that i think he's great but why not give the guy a chance.anyway it may not even be him,we know nothing yet just press speculation.

• Like 1

99hriu.jpg

I wonder if he had a vision and in this picture he was practising for when he meets the General.

You can actually imagine the scenario of their first meeting:

General: "OK Son, now you know your remit. Keeps these weak-kneed pussies in the Premier (Pree-me-er) League and ya get to go home in one piece as the hero. The press will all be waiting for you and CEO's of London's finest will be queuing for you signature".

Sherwood:"Understood General, Sir. Kick the arses of the weak-kneed pussies and keep the fackers in the Prem. Got it Guv".

General: "It's General, son. Now, go get 'em boy and remember, Sempre Fidelis".

Sherwood: "Sir, yes General Sir. Facking come on (pumps his chest and kisses the Villa badge on his new uniform), I can do this".

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 2

Why No Premier League Club Should Even Consider Hiring Tim Sherwood as Their Manager

Raj Bains | February 11, 2015 | 0 Comments

Over the past few months, some clubs have been their manager. Nothing quite defines desperation like blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah good luck to the club that falls for it—you’re going to need it.

Who the **** is Raj Bains!? And why should we give a toss what he thinks?

That article doesn't say anything. It's a over-long, repetitive ramble that could've be condensed into a few sentences. He clearly doesn't like Tim Sherwood; I'm sure people on here who had a similar extreme dislike for Paul Lambert could produce something similar.

If he becomes our manager, I'll wait and see what he does here because his recruitment is out of my hands so I'll give him a chance before judging.

I'm going to put a over long ramble about good Sherwood is and pretend I'm a Spurs fan. Saying that Spurs fans wernt to

Impressed with him and said it was all down to Adebayor.

Sam Allardyce
He said realistic.....

Big Sam would walk here on his hands to be our manager....

Why would he now? He's the 13th highest paid football manager in the world.