New manager

reykjavik

i have to say after wtaching the interview of him after the game i can really see him being hated by the players. comes across as a right arrogant muppet. maybe that could work but its a huge gamble and i dont think its  a good move giving it to someone thats only managed for 6 months

i bet he also has a falling out with lerner & fox at some point as well

He reminds me of Gregory, and he didn't do too badly. He won't be a sheep like Lambert. 

Can't see why we would be after Sherwood when we are supposed to be looking for a long term option. Well, I guess he wouldn't cost anything in terms of compensation.

Would much rather we took a punt on Howe, Lennon, Karanka or Robinson as opposed to Sherwood who just sounds like a word removed.

i have to say after wtaching the interview of him after the game i can really see him being hated by the players. comes across as a right arrogant muppet. maybe that could work but its a huge gamble and i dont think its a good move giving it to someone thats only managed for 6 months

Interview after Chelsea game? I thought it was brutally honest and what some players need.

I have absolutely no issue with that. At all. I'm surprised anyone does, that is how managers should be reacting to gutless, toothless displays such as that one. He named no names, all good with me. 

• Like 2

This all smells a bit Pardew to me. 

He overachieved in similar circumstances at Newcastle. 

They bayed for blood on a bad run of form and left them doing pretty well. 

Would we take Pardew now if he was available?

i have to say after wtaching the interview of him after the game i can really see him being hated by the players. comes across as a right arrogant muppet. maybe that could work but its a huge gamble and i dont think its a good move giving it to someone thats only managed for 6 months

Interview after Chelsea game? I thought it was brutally honest and what some players need.

I have absolutely no issue with that. At all. I'm surprised anyone does, that is how managers should be reacting to gutless, toothless displays such as that one. He named no names, all good with me. 

If we played shite and didn't apply ourselves, I would want the manager to say we were shite and didn't apply ourselves.

On one hand Sherwood gave Spurs a shot in the arm. Got them winning with a simple 442. Played some decent attacking football and finished with a win percentage of 59%, and that's what his advocates will point towards.

But ...

He inherited a powerful Champions League challenging squad that had just had £100m invested in it. One of the best squads in the league and a damn sight better than 59% of their opposition. Based on what was at his disposal, his record is not really remarkable.

The worry I have is the shock he'll get when (or rather if...) he walks into Bodymoor Heath and sees his new squad and the fact he won't be able to reproduce the results because he won't be inheriting anything like as gifted a squad as he had darn sarf.

But if it happens then we can hope he is enough of a stimulus.

• Like 1

this i sposted on another forum by a spurs fan, guess it all about opinions, if he is our next manager at least reading this makes me feel better

Tim doesn't stand no-triers or ego's well. He says it as he sees it and doesn't (unfortunately?) give a flying **** what people think of him - he's independently wealthy (he's invested well in some very successful businesses). 

Tim was largely responsible for over-hauling and rebuilding as well as planning our new academy/development squad and could be largely credited for the crop of top class youngsters that have come through and are about to. - He is a believer in youth with a mixture of experience. As he proved with us he is not one to run to the transfer market at the first difficulty, it fact he turned down the opportunity do that and held faith in the three youngsters he brought through when he was appointed (Mason, Bentelab and Kane - he was annoyed that Carroll had been loaned to Swansea and made his thoughts known). 

The problem you will have with Tim is that he will seek out and kick out weak players and he will tell the chairman/club what he thinks - this is his greatest downfall, one which I hope he's learned from. 

He is a disciplinarian and gets very angry very quickly if players let their conditioning go or simply aren't as fit as he thinks they should be. 

He has a great tactical brain, but tends towards 100 mph, high intensity, high tempo total football. Hugely exciting when he gets it right, but does mean that you'll be exposed at the back, so perhaps end up scoring plenty and conceding plenty. 

You'd do well to give him a chance, as I do think a fresh face not connected with the club could work wonders for you.

• Like 4

This all smells a bit Pardew to me. 

He overachieved in similar circumstances at Newcastle. 

They bayed for blood on a bad run of form and left them doing pretty well. 

Would we take Pardew now if he was available?

Absolutely

Fans know f all when it comes to managerial appointments. People on here were creaming themselves over solksjaer last time round yet were disgusted at the prospect of someone like McLaren or Tony Pulis taking the reins. 2 years on OGS is no longer flavour of the month & Pulis or McLaren would be gratefully received as the next manager of AVFC so if it is Sherwood everyone needs to shut the f up with all the moaning and back the bloke because there's as much chances of him succeeding as there is of failing and we're not exactly in a position where we can be too picky.

We are in a position to be picky. 

We have a billionaire owner who needs to protect his investment and asset values. 

Lerner could get most managers with the right offer, so i think we can be picky!

Ok, let me put it another way... What decent managers are there that are available and willing to take up a role at a club in the midst of a relegation battle who have for the last 5 years been in turmoil at the boardroom level? Let's face it the Villa job is a poisoned chalice, a lot like the England job so in all honestly Tim Sherwood is probably about the best we can hope for at this point in time.