January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

You know for 6-7 million pounds we could get a decent attacking midfielder with some creativity in Freddy Guarin who is available from Inter. But we'd need to pay him like 1.5m a year in wages

There are lots of players that we could sign if we had the money but we haven't.

We aren't going to invest the best part of £10m in a player this window.

• Like 1

You know for 6-7 million pounds we could get a decent attacking midfielder with some creativity in Freddy Guarin who is available from Inter. But we'd need to pay him like 1.5m a year in wages

There are lots of players that we could sign if we had the money but we haven't.

We aren't going to invest the best part of £10m in a player this window.

So does that mean we are unlikely to sign Cleverley this window? Or is that last window's money?

Could do a lot, lot worse than Danny Ings or Charlie Austin. People are utterly deluded - the reality is these days they are probably too good for us! Face it, we're not a big club in the eyes of anyone but ourselves. Please stop being so proud.

I think signing that kind of players is almost the worst thing we could do. They are decent, but not more and they are at their peak. They will cost a lot more than continental players and there is very little reason to think that we could sell them on for more than we pay (OK maybe Ings since he is a free transfer). 

What little money we do have needs to go to players like Sanchez, Vlaar, Okore or Benteke. Known quantities that are not playing in England. 

**** Man utd. Bidding 1.5 for Vlaar. Cleverley is worth 0.5 million then.

Given how fragile their current defenders are I have no idea why they would want to buy another injury prone CB.I think as he gets older Vlaar time out is only going to increase

Given how fragile their current defenders are I have no idea why they would want to buy another injury prone CB.I think as he gets older Vlaar time out is only going to increase

Vlaar would be cheap, is better than all of their current CB's and be a decent squad player for them if they sign in some new CB's next summer. I think there's nothing in it though, just because Van Gaal managed Vlaar in the world cup doesn't mean he is going to sign him.

Keep delph & vlaar til end of season

Sign Sinclair in jan

Wait to get cleverly on a free

Sell benteke 45m + gabby, weiman & nzogbia should be about 50m to spend

In summer go for Townsend, dembele, Ings & Austin

Guzan

Hutton okore clark cissokho

Sanchez westwood

Townsend dembele Sinclair

Austin

Drugs are just bad.....mmmmkay.
I was thinking the same thing
Explain why this is a drug induced comment?

Which players do you think the mighty villa will attract playing shit football and paying relatively low wages? Or did u forget that vlaar delph & benteke are on their way out. Next season expect to lose okore aswell. Even cleverly who most of the supporters don't want doesn't actually want to sign for villa

1. Selling Benteke for 45m isn't going to happen also finding buyers willing to pick up gabby and weimann in the same window isn't going to happen this isn't football manager.

2. Those players combined don't earn over 200k a week so the wage bill would be going up a fair chunk - there are other costs than transfer fees such as wages and sign on bonus'.

As Sinclair and dembele is a combined 10m in fees that suggests you think it is a good idea to spend 40m on someone out of contract in 6 months, a player who has played in the premier league for 5 months after playing all his career I. The lower league and he ain't 20 and a Spurs bench warmer.

Just no and that isn't even debating if they are the right players to sign or not.

Seeing as your so clued up please tell us what's goin to happen? Who is going to be sold & who are we bringing in as you think the players I suggested ain't good enough?

Not being rude just curious

Edited by dakid007

**** Man utd. Bidding 1.5 for Vlaar. Cleverley is worth 0.5 million then.

haha have they really bid £1.5m for Vlaar? :lol:

that's the talk at the moment. I hope their taking the piss.

£1.5m for Vlaar from Manchester United? Money must be tight up there following their summer spending and unless they add a player or two (say one on loan & one as a part of the deal) that would be some way off being an offer we cannot refuse.  

£1.5m plus Januzaj on loan for Vlaar would be a little sweeter, but like I said the other day you get about £1.5m for every place higher in the table you get and Vlaar could easily be the difference between a few places in the league for us. It doesn't add up to sell him for that much.

• Like 1