January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

I didn't think Wollscheid would be going to Stoke either, but he is. Pretty sure Stoke wouldn't actually be mentioning Shaqiri if they weren't in talks.

Wollsheid isn't really anywhere near the name that Shaqiri is to be honest. This is his second loan in a row so I don't think Leverkusen rate him all that much.

Is wollsheid good?

He was meant to be brilliant when he was younger, a real up and coming prospect. I wouldn't say he is that highly rated anymore though. I suppose the easiest comparison is Mertesacker-lite.

• Like 1

Vlaar isn't much use to us anymore. We have 4 centre backs and Ron is so injury prone he barely gets a consecutive run of games for us.

I still wouldn't want to see him leave, he is our captain

No I agree, I think he should see out his deal. The money being quoted isn't even close to tempting enough, especially when Winston Reid is getting touted around at £4-5 million. Would you be happy if he signed a new deal with us?

Is wollsheid good?

Alright - big physical presence. Certainly not a coup or anything like that though.

Thanks

I didn't think Wollscheid would be going to Stoke either, but he is. Pretty sure Stoke wouldn't actually be mentioning Shaqiri if they weren't in talks.

Wollsheid isn't really anywhere near the name that Shaqiri is to be honest. This is his second loan in a row so I don't think Leverkusen rate him all that much.
Is wollsheid good?

He was meant to be brilliant when he was younger, a real up and coming prospect. I wouldn't say he is that highly rated anymore though. I suppose the easiest comparison is Mertesacker-lite.

Thank you :)

Vlaar isn't much use to us anymore. We have 4 centre backs and Ron is so injury prone he barely gets a consecutive run of games for us.

No I agree, I think he should see out his deal. The money being quoted isn't even close to tempting enough, especially when Winston Reid is getting touted around at £4-5 million. Would you be happy if he signed a new deal with us?

Winston reid has been playing great lately, he's much better than i thought he was, yes i think we should do all we can to keep our best players, you?

Winston reid has been playing great lately, he's much better than i thought he was, yes i think we should do all we can to keep our best players, you?

I'd be all for Ron signing a new deal, then it leaves us with the best kind of problem, too many centre backs to choose from. Reid is good but Ron has just come off a really good World Cup so i'd imagine his stock should be just as high as Reid's.

• Like 1

I'd be all for Ron signing a new deal, then it leaves us with the best kind of problem, too many centre backs to choose from. Reid is good but Ron has just come off a really good World Cup so i'd imagine his stock should be just as high as Reid's.

Agreed entirely

Reid is 4/5 years younger with no apparent recurring injury problems though.

He's 3 years younger, i didn't realise he was that young

Yeah there is that. I'd say £3 million would be a good starting place for any bids to buy Ron, although, wasn't there reports that he has signed with Napoli?

Where?

Yeah there is that. I'd say £3 million would be a good starting place for any bids to buy Ron, although, wasn't there reports that he has signed with Napoli?

Where?

Pm'ed you. I'm not sure if i'd need to add a section of the article if I posted it here and If I did i'd probably go off topic. Anyway, I've already got enough warning points.  :blush: 

Where?

Pm'ed you. I'm not sure if i'd need to add a section of the article if I posted it here and If I did i'd probably go off topic. Anyway, I've already got enough warning points. :blush:

Thanks

Yes, it was claimed in an Italian paper - Il Mattino - that he had agreed a pre-contract with them although they want to pay a nominal amount (€2m) to sign him this window.

I'd agree with you guys that we may as well just keep him here until the summer, especially with the protracted absences of Baker and Senderos. Though I'd prioritise the Clark/Okore partnership.

• Like 3

Yes, it was claimed in an Italian paper - Il Mattino - that he had agreed a pre-contract with them although they want to pay a nominal amount (€2m) to sign him this window.

I'd agree with you guys that we may as well just keep him here until the summer, especially with the protracted absences of Baker and Senderos. Though I'd prioritise the Clark/Okore partnership.

What would be an interesting discussion would be our potential centre back pairings and which combinations would work best. Wrong place for that though I guess.

Been thinking earlier about why we never seem go after big named up and coming players now and usually boils down to wages!! Right if someone like Shakiri is available he will be on around 70/80k a week!! which after a transfer fee is nothing for a player of his ability and say we give him a 4 year contract!! i doubt after a year he will throw a hissy fit asking for more wages (when he is on a decent wedge)

Now take this young, cheap crap that we been doing!! The likes of Lowton and others seemed to have got rises every year from their initial 10k a week, Benteke was signed on 4 year deal at around £20k a week (reported wages) but when he had that first season he threatened to put transfer request in and we ended upping his wages to £60k just one year on into 4 year deal, even though there was chance it may not have worked when signed!!

It is a gamble that these players will either work or not (in Benteke's case) so why does the Villa board haggle over paying players (already known across Europe already; Lukaku, Tadic, Sissoko and the other players we have meant be linked with last few years) for the sake of around £40k a week plus and don't wanna go past £25k a week? when a lot of them will bring in a lot more in shirt sales because of their established name already or being a known up and coming player..

It's a dangerous move and shows how penny pinching Lerner and his cronies are that they are relying on these cheaper wages players to come good when fact is only one or two do, and would get better value for money getting better plays on better money and if don't work out more chance of getting most of our money back!!

Edited by Villan4Life