January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

We're not scoring goals so we're bound to be linked with a ton of strikers, even though it's not exactly what we need. The people who make up these rumours don't usually do context.

Quite. If, and I do say if, we get anyone this window it won't be a striker in my opinion it will be a wide player and most likely on loan.

We could do with replacements for Gabby and Wiemann, if we are adopting this new possesion style football then they are virtually useless. They are good counter attack type players but asking them to make clever runs in and around the box when when we are having possesion is pointless, they are not intelligent enough to play that way and both lack any real technical abilty

I agree, the problem as always is money.

Wasn't it quoted (from somewhere) last summer that Randy would back Lambert financially in January?

Cheap platitudes though aren't they really - he might chuck £10m at us best case scenario.

Its hardly the £50m this teams needs to make it even vaguely competitive though is it?

I don't think we're £50million away, we're a couple of players short from being a really good side (provided we're set up right), what needs addressing is the breakdown between midfield and attack.

• Like 1

We're not scoring goals so we're bound to be linked with a ton of strikers, even though it's not exactly what we need. The people who make up these rumours don't usually do context.

Quite. If, and I do say if, we get anyone this window it won't be a striker in my opinion it will be a wide player and most likely on loan.
We could do with replacements for Gabby and Wiemann, if we are adopting this new possesion style football then they are virtually useless. They are good counter attack type players but asking them to make clever runs in and around the box when when we are having possesion is pointless, they are not intelligent enough to play that way and both lack any real technical abilty

Wasn't it quoted (from somewhere) last summer that Randy would back Lambert financially in January?

He is the new Doug Ellis.

Cheap platitudes though aren't they really - he might chuck £10m at us best case scenario.

Its hardly the £50m this teams needs to make it even vaguely competitive though is it?

I don't think we're £50million away, we're a couple of players short from being a really good side (provided we're set up right), what needs addressing is the breakdown between midfield and attack.

Trouble is a lot of the players Paul has brought in he has taken a gamble on because largely with the money he had that's what he had to do.  Some have worked out some havent.  The players we need now to make a difference cant really be gambles they have to work and so that will cost both in terms of fees and wages ,  not 50M maybe but lets say it's two 9 or 10M players thats 20M.  They'll want 3 year contracts I guess as a minimum on around 60K pw so there's another 9M each in basic wages before bonuses and signing on fees so for two qualityish players that we need you are talking 40M starter.

• Like 1

Keep delph & vlaar til end of season

Sign Sinclair in jan

Wait to get cleverly on a free

Sell benteke 45m, gabby, weiman & nzogbia should be about 50m to spend

In summer go for Townsend, dembele, Ings & Austin

Guzan

Hutton okore clark cissokho

Sanchez westwood

Townsend dembele Sinclair

Austin

• Like 1

Trouble is a lot of the players Paul has brought in he has taken a gamble on because largely with the money he had that's what he had to do.  Some have worked out some havent.  The players we need now to make a difference cant really be gambles they have to work and so that will cost both in terms of fees and wages ,  not 50M maybe but lets say it's two 9 or 10M players thats 20M.  They'll want 3 year contracts I guess as a minimum on around 60K pw so there's another 9M each in basic wages before bonuses and signing on fees so for two qualityish players that we need you are talking 40M starter.

Yep, spot on this.

The wage issue seems to have been forgotten about in the argument around 'net spend'. Not only are we spending less than a lot of teams, we can't offer the wages required to attract real 'quality', even on frees.

Unless Lambo gets 'lucky' again as he has with Benteke, Okore and Sanchez, then the next signings HAVE to be of a higher quality and higher quality costs more in terms of fees and wages.

With the wages now supposedly under control and Bent, Delph and Vlaar departing then there should be more than enough leeway to add the required players.

Over to you Randolph. I can't say I will be holding my breath and the age old 'Jam Tomorrow' will no doubt be trotted out in Feb.

Sign Sinclair in jan

Guzan

Sanchez westwood

Austin

Drugs are just bad.....mmmmkay. 

• Like 2

Trouble is a lot of the players Paul has brought in he has taken a gamble on because largely with the money he had that's what he had to do. Some have worked out some havent. The players we need now to make a difference cant really be gambles they have to work and so that will cost both in terms of fees and wages , not 50M maybe but lets say it's two 9 or 10M players thats 20M. They'll want 3 year contracts I guess as a minimum on around 60K pw so there's another 9M each in basic wages before bonuses and signing on fees so for two qualityish players that we need you are talking 40M starter.

Fortunately you don't need to pay all the wages and bonuses up front...

Sign Sinclair in jan

Guzan

Sanchez westwood

Austin

If we spent £50m on Townsend, Dembele, Ings (who is out of contract in the summer) and Austin I think I would just give up on football altogether.

We should be looking at teams like Southampton and trying to bring in more quality/cheap players from abroad whilst continuing to bring through some of our youth players. If Lambert had £50m to spend I would hope that he could unearth a few more Okore's and Benteke's and fewer Sylla's, Bennett's, Luna's, Tonev's etc etc.

No you don't P3te, but haven't we been told before that wages were/are the issue (going off memory, but something was said on this by either Faulkner or Krulak at some point)?

All this austerity has been to make the club 'sustainable' but as we don't have any recent figures to go off, we don't know what sustainable actually looks like.

If we are indeed running at around break even or a slight profit now, then there should be more than enough room to bring in at least one 'decent player', but I don't believe the money will be made available.

Obviously the wages and bouses aren't paid up front but it doesn't lessen the financial commitment or cost.

No it doesn't, but they wouldn't be all coming out of the CFY's budget

Edited by P3te

Obviously the wages and bouses aren't paid up front but it doesn't lessen the financial commitment or cost.

No it doesn't, but they wouldn't be all coming out of the CFY's budget

No they wouldnt but the budget would be dependent upon revenue and existing wage bill and it would also restrict future transfer dealings / budget

I think Tom Fox gave us the usual non committal... if the manager identifies a target then the owner is prepared to back him if the conditions are correct.