January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Just because the media say it doesn't mean it's true, however we are being run small time so it wouldn't suprise any of us if AVFC couldn't afford 2.5m.

That said 50k per week on Sinclair would be stupid, if that's what he wants then I doubt we will see him ITSOTP.

My view on current transfer window, rumours and the status of our players;

Finances are obviously (unfortunately) the key in all decisions that needs to be made so we have to be realistic, accept what we can get and let go of our pride to some degree.

Vlaar - if we can sell in Jan then we should. He's hardly played, he's not going to make us any more likely to avoid relegation and any money we can get for him is a bonus as I think we all accept he's not signing anyways new contract anyway.

Delph - try our best to make him stay but if not, he must see out contract. He's far more crucial to our midfield than Vlaar is to our defence. Only silly money should make us sell him now.

Cleverley - after failing to really impress we shouldn't be buying now. Certainly not for the ridiculous figures banded around (how come Vlaar captain is worth £1.5m with 6 months and unwanted midfielder is worth over four times that much with 6 months left?!) Decision to buy in summer should be left til then.

Sinclair - the sort of player we need position wise. Unproven recently and a risk but I think he's the best we'll get with the kind of transfers/ wages we can offer.

Very few players we will be linked with will excite fans now. We are not financially able to buy those players. The best we will get is more 'meh' players that we can only hope will prove at least adequate players - see more Cissokho's.

Can't argue with that!

Benteke, Okore and Sanchez might. They're the best we can hope for, though I would be happy with "adequate", at least in the wide forward positions.

• Like 1

Scott Sinclair is a big coup imo for that kind of transfer numbers. The wages I have no clue what we are looking at but could be a decent deal. If we can get 10-12m for Vlaar and Delph and then reinvest that in some offensive players like Sinclair, Lennon or Dembele.

We certainly need creativity. I'm not aware of that many great creative talents in England. There really are few compared to other leagues as the teams rely a lot more on speed and physical strength. The few sides that use them extensively are sides like Arsenal who play a more possession based style as opposed to the direct one used by most Premier League teams, where a creative passing, and dribbling skils are more important.

We are at a distinct disadvantage as a british team bringing in playmakers. We would need to rely on the Italian or Spanish leagues, and are unable to pull from the cheaper Brazilian and Argentine leagues due to Visa Requirements.

Not to say that the players are not out there. Someone like Beñat would be a excellent addition to our side.

I'd be happy with Sinclair and dembele

If we give Sinclair anywhere near £50k p/w, I'll be annoyed. Those wages could go on an exciting, up-and-coming winger from Europe, just for a bit more of a transfer fee.

If we give Sinclair anywhere near £50k p/w, I'll be annoyed. Those wages could go on an exciting, up-and-coming winger from Europe, just for a bit more of a transfer fee.

If we cant pay £50k p/w then id guess he wont be coming. 

£50k p/w isn’t a lot these days in terms of attacking players in the premiership.  Don’t know what the club expects especially when the fee is only around 2.5mill and the player is already on that money.

Coincidently does anyone know what Cissokho is on regards wages?  i.e. what were we willing to pay him because i can see comparisons with this deal.   

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 2

He will be on a big wage at Man City and likely has no reason to see it drop, as he may as well see out his contract up there.

We shouldn't be paying the likes of Sinclair £45,000 per week either, so I guess it comes down to how much Man City want him gone and whether they're going to pay off a portion of his contract.

Edited by Ads

£50,000 is a lot for someone who is unproven in the Premeir League at best Sinclair should expect to be on similar wages to someone like Weimann. If he's as good as we hope he'll be then I'm sure he' get a pay rise here or somewhere else.

The bottom line is these players are overpaid. Assou ekkotto is on 40k a week and has been told not to bother to go training. If he wants 50k just pay it and move onto next target then if that target is good enough to be paid 75k a week just bloody pay it or we will end up with crap players. Top players get paid top money. benteke was on relatively low wages and heard Spurs were offering 80-100k and he was ready to leave. It's a lot of money to us but to them it's the norm

Trouble is if Sinclair wants it and turns out to be average then the other average players will want the same fee. The club have worked hard to get the finances in order I don't think they'll want to undo it all again as I guess that will detrimental to the club obviously and to the chances of it being sold.

The bottom line is these players are overpaid. Assou ekkotto is on 40k a week and has been told not to bother to go training. If he wants 50k just pay it and move onto next target then if that target is good enough to be paid 75k a week just bloody pay it or we will end up with crap players. Top players get paid top money. benteke was on relatively low wages and heard Spurs were offering 80-100k and he was ready to leave. It's a lot of money to us but to them it's the norm

Exactly, we are getting him for 2.5 mill which negates the wages to me.

I'm sure it's all a bit of haggling from us to get City to give Sinclair a goodbye payment so he'll take a pay cut. They seem pretty desperate to get him and Nastasic off their books. I'm sure we can find £2.5m. I was just hoping it would be done quickly so that he'd be here for Leicester but negotiations aren't always that simple.

I know a few players and you would be shocked the amounts these guys really get paid when u include all the bonuses and signing on fees

Albrighton is on a 40k 4 year deal. Sinclair is a better player

Edited by dakid007
  • Like 1

I don't particularly want us to sign Sinclair, I think he's a busted flush.

However, if the reason we don't sign him is because of the fee, then I think it clearly shows that Lerner has not 'fallen back in love' with the club.

I have been asking for ages whether the club is still for sale, or if we are still actively seeking a buyer,because I think there have been mixed messages since the summer, especially when Fox told the world that Randy is getting his mojo back.

It seem that when it comes to spending money to protect his investment, Lerner's actions speak louder than words.

Edited by andyh

Winger comes in on low wages. Someone else offers to triple wages. Winger is off. Imagine being westwood on about 30k and bent who contributes nothing is on 80k

Trouble is if Sinclair wants it and turns out to be average then the other average players will want the same fee. The club have worked hard to get the finances in order I don't think they'll want to undo it all again as I guess that will detrimental to the club obviously and to the chances of it being sold.

The club has done some good work on finances but if we don't re invest we will lose our better players and be relegated

We also still have a few players to be moved on and I'm sure if you combine their wages it can get us 3 very good players

My guesstimates

Bent 80k

Vlaar 50k

Delph 50k

Nzogbia 50k

*gabby 60k & weiman 30k who I think are holding us back

These players contribute f all

Luna 15k

Bennet 10k

Herd 10k

Gardener 5k

Lowton 10k

Stevens 2k

Tonev 5k

Sylla 5k

Helenius 5k

£387k a week. 1.5million a month. 18m a year not including appearance, win, goals & clean sheet bonuses

Edited by dakid007
  • Like 1