January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Gomis linked today. Bit odd a decent player with a 1 in 3 record in France but he signed for Swansea in the summer on a free, he's a centre forward and 29. Hardly what you would think is our remit to be signed unless he came cheap!

I wouldn't be adverse to it if the money is right with kozak out for so much longer than expected.

But we really need wide forwards and a midfielder who can create and get in the box

We're not scoring goals so we're bound to be linked with a ton of strikers, even though it's not exactly what we need. The people who make up these rumours don't usually do context. 

Quite. If, and I do say if, we get anyone this window it won't be a striker in my opinion it will be a wide player and most likely on loan.

We're not scoring goals so we're bound to be linked with a ton of strikers, even though it's not exactly what we need. The people who make up these rumours don't usually do context. 

Quite. If, and I do say if, we get anyone this window it won't be a striker in my opinion it will be a wide player and most likely on loan.

We could do with replacements for Gabby and Wiemann, if we are adopting this new possesion style football then they are virtually useless. They are good counter attack type players but asking them to make clever runs in and around the box when when we are having possesion is pointless, they are not intelligent enough to play that way and both lack any real technical abilty

• Like 1

Rosicky - wouldn't come to us, won't be sold now Podolski has been. 

Gomis - main striker with Bony off to ACON, joined Swansea 7 months ago, no way we would pay the required fee or wages. 

Next!

live in Swansea. Gomis wants out. Not happy with not playing. If they can talk him around with his big chance now Bony is away remains to be seen. He probably will stay. But he could be possible to get.

I don't rate Gomis.  Not the answer to our problems.

Agreed!

I'd love for us to bring in 2 somewhat technical wide players (or give Graelish a run on the flank) and bench Gabby & Andi or better yet sell them.

If Delph is sold play Sanchez & Westy/Cleverly behind Graelish/Cole or a new ACM in a 4-2-3-1 system.

If we loan Sinclair and play Graelish that would mean we "only"  have to shell out on 1 player this window.

Not sure if Lambert really want's to drop Gabby and Andi thou.

Ah, but one can dream...

We might not be able to get Rosicky but I think we need a player (or two) of a similar style to him rather than a speed merchant like Lennon or Sinclair. If we have only one loan hope we use it wisely.

We could do with replacements for Gabby and Wiemann, if we are adopting this new possesion style football then they are virtually useless. They are good counter attack type players but asking them to make clever runs in and around the box when when we are having possesion is pointless, they are not intelligent enough to play that way and both lack any real technical abilty

I agree, the problem as always is money.

Wasn't it quoted (from somewhere) last summer that Randy would back Lambert financially in January?

Long term I'd like us to try and set up in the same way Chelsea do.  Before I get shot down, I know it is a stretch to imagine and we won't have anywhere near the same quality, but I think Mourinho's philosophy is quite similar to Lambert's ideals (not necessarily what he feels we have been capable of playing in the past) of a narrow midfield playing through the centre, everyone tracking back.  Here's the comparison...

Costa

Benteke

Hazard --- Oscar --- Willian

Delph  ---  Cole ---  Cleverly

Fabregas   ---   Matic

Westwood --- Sanchez

Azpilicueta -- Terry -- Cahill -- Ivanovic

Cissoko -- Vlaar -- Okore -- Hutton

Cortouis

Guzan

Now as I said it is a stretch and for sure the 3 behind the striker are way off being (1) as good or (2) as suited, but given that Delph could be off and Cleverly might be rethought, for me thats the area of the pitch and type of player we should be investing in, that hard working mobile style of AM rather than out and out wingers.

Thoughts?

Edited by GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS
  • Like 1

Wasn't it quoted (from somewhere) last summer that Randy would back Lambert financially in January?

Cheap platitudes though aren't they really - he might chuck £10m at us best case scenario. Meaning less in reality if as I fear we end up chucking £8m at Manyoo for Cleverly. 

Its hardly the £50m this teams needs to make it even vaguely competitive though is it? 

Edited by Eames