January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

1.5M is close to what he's worth at this stage

And what would you value Cleverley at just out of interest? I don't think our bid for him reflects what he's worth. 

Edited by PieFacE

cleverley as an over priced young (ish) english player who plays every week with a good injury record is worth £2-3m IMO

vlaar's market value at that age with that injury record is worth around £2m IMO but market value isnt his worth to us...

You know for 6-7 million pounds we could get a decent attacking midfielder with some creativity in Freddy Guarin who is available from Inter. But we'd need to pay him like 1.5m a year in wages

There are lots of players that we could sign if we had the money but we haven't.

We aren't going to invest the best part of £10m in a player this window.

So does that mean we are unlikely to sign Cleverley this window? Or is that last window's money?

As I've said previously I don't think we will sign him on a perm deal this window and even if we do it won't be for the sort of money regularly banded around. I think his future will be resolved in the summer and that may not be with us.

Too much shoukdnmt be read into press speculation because it is so frequently wrong. When we were signing our latest LB this summer they were saying it was only a loan deal right up until he signed.

There is a clause for us to buy Cleverley, Lambert has confirmed that but we are a week into the window and there is very little if anything to suggest we are going to excercise that clause. So expect it to be announced tomorrow now I've said that ;)

• Like 1

Nonsense, it would cost us at least £1.5million to loan an average centre half for the rest of the season.   If United value him at £1.5million then what do we value Cleverley in the same contractual position at?

you get it a lot in transfer windows, great player linked with big clubs, nothing materialises, agent releases some stories linking that player to a lower club, people take a bit of notice, joins a big club

for shaqiri see liverpool and spurs, now stoke, then he'll join a CL club

happened to us 3/4 years back, sneijder? huntelaar? was never happening, its agents using lesser clubs as bait for bigger clubs, and its a winner because the lesser club are never going to publicly deny it, mark hughes isnt coming out anytime soon stating stoke dont want shaqiri

Nonsense, it would cost us at least £1.5million to loan an average centre half for the rest of the season.   If United value him at £1.5million then what do we value Cleverley in the same contractual position at?

:o You'd expect Villa to get significantly more than 1.5 mil for Vlaar? I think even 1.5 is a push for him. Cleverley's value is whatever's put as an option in his loan contract. 

:o You'd expect Villa to get significantly more than 1.5 mil for Vlaar? I think even 1.5 is a push for him. Cleverley's value is whatever's put as an option in his loan contract. 

Yes I would. It makes no sense economically to sell him for less than £3million with a transfer request. He is our Club Captain.

He is worth more in excess of £1.5million to us for the remainder of the season.

you get it a lot in transfer windows, great player linked with big clubs, nothing materialises, agent releases some stories linking that player to a lower club, people take a bit of notice, joins a big club

for shaqiri see liverpool and spurs, now stoke, then he'll join a CL club

happened to us 3/4 years back, sneijder? huntelaar? was never happening, its agents using lesser clubs as bait for bigger clubs, and its a winner because the lesser club are never going to publicly deny it, mark hughes isnt coming out anytime soon stating stoke dont want shaqiri

Quite different to Stoke coming out and saying "yes, we're interested in getting him" though.  If they had no interest (as in, actual belief), surely they'd say nothing and/or laugh it off?

Stoke apparently after Xherdan Shaqiri.  Can we get some of that, please? :o

We are signing Isco instead.

Stoke will not be signing Shaqiri, never in a million, billion years so no need for anyone to complain about their ambitions, our ambitions and generally have a fit like the majority of this board does at this time of year.

Edited by rodders0223