January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

It feels like after the Arsenal game we panicked and tried to buy a striker and failed.

As people on here have stated I don't get why with such a large squad so many decent players are playing so badly. 

Benteke - toothless

Gabby - headless

Kozak - legless

Weimann - feckless (actually he's been the best of a bad bunch)

Zog - clueless (but not really a striker either)

And not a single player at any level to come in to challenge them, Burke, Robinson, Grealish all not considered ready or good enough. Bent offloaded, the great Bowery gone. It makes you think doesn't it? Our front three have been awful since last season, Kozak has been injured since last season, Benteke has been out for long spells, so why have we waited till now to take a punt on someone like Lambert?

How could you forget Grant Holt? :(

Cannot believe that idiot lambert almost blew 5m on a 32 one season lump. Is this the best our scouts could find? Terrible

Thank god he rejected us. We got a lucky escape there

Yes instead it was better we signed nobody new much less a striker who could actually maybe score in one match and keep us up! 

**** the price. I'd pay 10m if it prevented us from going down.

• Like 2

It feels like after the Arsenal game we panicked and tried to buy a striker and failed.

As people on here have stated I don't get why with such a large squad so many decent players are playing so badly. 

Benteke - toothless

Gabby - headless

Kozak - legless

Weimann - feckless (actually he's been the best of a bad bunch)

Zog - clueless (but not really a striker either)

And not a single player at any level to come in to challenge them, Burke, Robinson, Grealish all not considered ready or good enough. Bent offloaded, the great Bowery gone. It makes you think doesn't it? Our front three have been awful since last season, Kozak has been injured since last season, Benteke has been out for long spells, so why have we waited till now to take a punt on someone like Lambert?

I think that playing Weimann either with or instead of Benteke up front is our best hope of getting goals. He has the movement, and he does get into the positions for chances, and with Gil and Sinclair supplying, it might give us some hope.

• Like 3

So two of our targets prefer to spend most of their time sitting on a bench at Spurs & Liverpool rather than playing for us. Sunday's defeat and the position we are now in will not have helped our hopes of signing them but they have made their decisions and I hope they will regret them at their leisure. The signings we have made in Gil, Sinclair and Delph are more than I had anticipated we would make during this window. But I wonder if they will prove to have been enough at the end of this season ...   

Looks rather like all our targets wouldn't come near us with a Barge pole.. most likely thinking we're on our way down a division.  Who can blame them really? 

Oh well if we get our perennially injured players back, Benteke awakens from his coma, Cleverley stops staring at the statistics at the end of each game and realising to win we have to score goals, Gabby realises Arnold Schwarznegger wasn't that fast at running or very good at playing football, Paul Lambert realises that if you defend on the halfway line against World class players they might know how to kick the ball in behind you, Sanchez learns how to pass a ball straight over more than 3 feet.....& we might scrape through  :mellow:

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1